It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Signs of Liberal Desperation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hmm. Heres a musing of mine, for balance purposes.

Theres this thing on ATS called a search facility.

Theres also recent public posting histories, detailing the past 250 posts.

Some people - and I'm not pointing fingers at individuals but its safe to say that its more than one person - at one stage, in the not too distant past had over 250 posts completely dedicated to smearing a particular candidate, over multiple threads, in different parts of the ATS boards. Wall to wall smear and not very much of it had pleasant overtones. Those people even had the temerity to cry "censorship" when they were called on it, because it was rampant across the board.

Therefore, in cases such as this, I would conjecture that complaining about "Liberal desperation" is possibly really just "recieving a taste of ones own medicine"

Or in other words, "if you can't stand the heat, why did you start the fire in the first place?"

Now I'm all for decent political debate. So why don't we actually have some, instead of playing chinese whispers and schoolyard taunting games?

[edit on 5/0908/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Threads like these have been in existence since I've been a member and none have gotten the attention this ones had.

That's funny. As far as I can see this thread has only 4 pages. You want to see attention, go look at the threads from the Colonel 4 years ago for example. Remember that ATS was a much smaller place then. That's just one example. There are more in which members from BOTH SIDES act irrational and frantic as you have described.

Nooo, can't allow that. We have to get flooded with ATS elites demanding "show your papers!" and "explain yourself!" and "this thread will be locked" only to putter away, head hung and mumbling under their breath failsafe excuses like "all politics are B.S." and "I didn't care about this anyway."

IMO they should all be locked. Which we used to do with threads like these, either look them or move them to the mudpit. Doesn't matter who is attacking who, conservatives, liberals. Whatever.

What some people refuse to understand is that they are letting themselves be duped by political parties who aren't even that much different. Liberal this, liberal that, conservative this, conservative that. Yet while the leaders of these two parties are adversaries in public. In private (Bilderberg, Trilateral Comission, CFR) they are scheming together to defraud the public and submit them to fear and more restrictions until they are living in a totalitarian state. And are willingly giving up all their wealth and belongings to an elite few that these politicians work for.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Therefore, in cases such as this, I would conjecture that complaining about "Liberal desperation" is possibly really just "recieving a taste of ones own medicine"

Oh please! After 3 years of non-stop Bush attacks on these forums. Most of which were completely manufactured! If anything, we're just giving back what WE'VE dealt with for the last few years. At what point are you receiving a bit of YOUR own medicine?

Once again, you left wingers have one set of rules your yourselves and a whole other set for those you see as "Republican/Right wing/neoccon". You don't have a special pass for posting garbage about Bush/McCain/Palin, while we have to be the ones to temper our rhetoric.

Ironically, this is the same problem our MSM has.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

There have been Bush attacks, there have been Clinton attacks. There have been attacks against different conservatives and against different liberals. There have been attacks from ALL SIDES. I've seen them time and time again here on this forum.

If you refuse to admit that then you are not denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
At what point are you receiving a bit of YOUR own medicine?

Every damn time we have to read inane threads like these. And no, we can't ignore them as much as we would like to.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

There have been Bush attacks, there have been Clinton attacks. There have been attacks against different conservatives and against different liberals. There have been attacks from ALL SIDES. I've seen them time and time again here on this forum.

If you refuse to admit that then you are not denying ignorance.

Exactly, so why is that other moderator saying we're "getting a taste of our own medicine"? Why is it normal when they bash, but when we do it there is some moral rule we're breaking?

reply to post by intrepid

Yet, you only show your moral outrage when its a thread calling out the left wing. I've been here for a long time and NEVER seen you guys get so morally outraged over threads bashing a host of Republicans.

Everything claimed in the OP of this thread is true. Why aren't you guys denying ignorance? You seem to want to perpetuate it in this case.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So you only see what you want to see then. I have personally showed my disdain on both kinds of threads before. Tons of us mods have.

Yet some people refuse to see that.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Yet, you only show your moral outrage when its a thread calling out the left wing. I've been here for a long time and NEVER seen you guys get so morally outraged over threads bashing a host of Republicans.

Then you are seeing only what you want to and not the truth. I don't get this Martyr Syndrome either. Is it a license to whine?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh please! After 3 years of non-stop Bush attacks on these forums.

This is the Decision 2008 forum. The only thing about Bush that is relevant to this topic/discussion, and this debate, is the fact that he is the outgoing president and he has voiced his support for McCain.

Let me be clear - we're talking about the current Presidential election here. There have been many debates about the criticism of Bush's presidency on ATS in the past 8 years. This is not the time, or the place to be starting those again.

This is about McCain/Obama, and thats exactly what I was talking about.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This is about McCain/Obama, and thats exactly what I was talking about.

Thats fine, but you claimed we're "getting our own medicine", but clearly its the left on these forums that's been dishing it out for the last years. So, I'm not sure how we're getting "our own medicine". If anything we're getting more of the same and doing our best to fight back.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Everything claimed in the OP of this thread is true. Why aren't you guys denying ignorance? You seem to want to perpetuate it in this case.

Would that be in the same vein as we've not denied ignorance by leaving the less offensive (and I will go on the record and say that there were an AWFUL lot of particularly nasty, spiteful race orientated posts that were removed) Obama smears and less offensive deliberate political baiting on the board - or don't they count ?

Get real. BOTH sides are proving to be as bad as each other here. Theres no double standard by ATS, and if you can't see that then you are looking through a mile wide set of political blinkers.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Please... It's a ping pong game. Not just a ping game.

Both sides are taking swings at each other. Both sides complain when the ping pong ball comes back to hard. I've seen you, other conservative and liberal members act exactly the same way.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Would that be in the same vein as we've not denied ignorance by leaving the less offensive (and I will go on the record and say that there were an AWFUL lot of particularly nasty, spiteful race orientated posts that were removed) Obama smears and less offensive deliberate political baiting on the board - or don't they count ?

Get real. BOTH sides are proving to be as bad as each other here. Theres no double standard by ATS, and if you can't see that then you are looking through a mile wide set of political blinkers.

The difference is those attacks at Obama were not coming from the Main Stream Media. The attacks listed in the OP HAVE come from the MSM. Can you not see the huge difference?

You deleted threads about Obama that were full of crap. There was no MSM network following those stories and they were relegated the the dark alleys of the internet. You had every right to remove them. In this case, the salacious rumors ARE being carried by the MSM. Thats why he made this thread. To point out the MSM is carrying these stories and its a sign of desperation the democrat party.

The fact you guys cant tell the difference is a pretty good indication of your bias.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Once again, you left wingers have one set of rules your yourselves and a whole other set for those you see as "Republican/Right wing/neoccon".

Except in the case of the portion I made bold, they almost kind of earned it, don't you think?

My favorite (if that's really the right word) sign of liberal desperation is when the prospect arrives that they might actually acquire the reigns of power, they immediately begin to behave like the neocons they intend to replace.

Different ends....same means.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Look, it's got to sting quite a bit for the left.

Their guy had to spend $200 million to get to the 50% plateau.

Palin takes a $2500 flight from Anchorage, spends 40 minutes on the national stage, speaks her mind and the Libs completely lose it. She single handidly vaulted a static campaign into something the left must now chase.

I for one agree with Jamie. The tilt here on ATS is faaaarrr to the left. I'm actually O.K. with that. I think the excitement of the race is enhanced with allegiances to the respective sides.

I would certainly never speak for the Mods however, I will say I've had private conversations with Intrepid and found him to be quite insightful. He is tasked with a difficult position. I for one think the straight-talk is refreshing.

Becker

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Since all these mods are in here throwing the thread all off-track and having their own personal ping-pong game I don't know if this ones been mentioned yet.

Apparently she switched schools. OH MY GOD!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Wrong. It's just your assumption that we are politically biased, and your own justification for that assumption. In other words.. It's only going on in your head.

And I think it's best if you (and all McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden bashers) read this thread again.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm not going to play tit for tat with you, just input "Obama" in the search up to the right are see equally inane threads on him. Yeah, we're biased.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'm not going to play tit for tat with you, just input "Obama" in the search up to the right are see equally inane threads on him. Yeah, we're biased.

Oh stop that. Everybodys biased. I like the color blue and cool Autumn days. Maybe you like yellow and the hot Summer sun. Uh-oh , that means I'm biased! Besides the "who's biased" back and forth isn't with me. Did you lose track?

And I certainly know there are inane Obama threads. I posted them pages back to point out that they exist and havent been all overrun by mods like this one has.

And thanks for backing up what I said pages back that southern_GUARDIAN jumped in to deny. Still he thinks collecting Obama attacks on his page is different than collecting Palin attacks on this one.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by intrepid

Oh stop that. Everybodys biased. I like the color blue and cool Autumn days. Maybe you like yellow and the hot Summer sun. Uh-oh , that means I'm biased! Besides the "who's biased" back and forth isn't with me. Did you lose track?

And I certainly know there are inane Obama threads. I posted them pages back to point out that they exist and havent been all overrun by mods like this one has.

And thanks for backing up what I said pages back that southern_GUARDIAN jumped in to deny. Still he thinks collecting Obama attacks on his page is different than collecting Palin attacks on this one.

Everyone is biased, whether they want to admit it or not. The difference is how vocal they are about it.

And as for southern_GUARDIAN, he truly believes it's okay to attack whomever he disagrees with, but attack who he believes in and you've committed a CRIME! Sadly, he's not the only one on on ATS like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join