It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Signs of Liberal Desperation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by TruthWithin

This is inflammatory BS and has no place on ATS. Once again, Jamie has come in with harsh accusation with ZERO sources. This is disgusting man, GET A LIFE.

What are you inflamed about?

Would you like me to cite sources?

Ok. The majority of the sources are here on ATS. Joy Behar can be seen referring to Palin as a vagina on videos of "The View". I heard people on local talk radio today complaining about who was holding the baby.

And can you possibly be serious?

For a week people have been posting these things about Palin on ATS and others have been having lively discussions about them.

I'm just pointing out my favorites that have already been posted here, and you don't think it's ok?

Why is ok for people to post this stuff in the first place, but not ok to comment on it?

Oh man, what a load of Republican rubbish, and hypocritical to boot. As if you lot are not guilty of name calling. Especially when Hillary was still in the race. Get a grip! It is a dirty game played by dirty people and there are idiots on both (supporter) sides that will spout rubbish. And I think you are one of them. Go and vote for McCain and spare us your opinions.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I seen in one of Jamie's other threads that he has a couple degrees and he seems like a very educated person. I feel that Jamie could really contribute to ATS and give users like myself useful information

He certainly has - read about "Obama and the Bilderbergers" or several of his other threads with good research.

Some threads are for research and others are pointing out things. Read 'em both if you want, or skip if you don't like. You can't expect all threads to be the same.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
WOW and more WOW. I don't understand why everyone is in a flap over a MOTHER running? FATHERS have run for the office, and FATHERS have won, with no thought of who is going to raise the children. It's always assumed the mother will be there. Well I think if the father, Palins hubby, is willing to do so, and even if they have a nanny, it's no different than if a man was facing this. It's just another excuse. And so tiring. Many children have been raised within the walls of the WH - and many more will follow. Again, that is an excuse.

And to those that have made their comments regarding BO and his lack of citizenship being a lie: where is his birth certificate? his REAL one? there have been many calls for it to appear and yet is has not. There is absolutely no reason to have blacked out the record number on that BC other than to make sure that the real BC attributed to it, does not surface. Like it or not, his mother was NOT old enough to grant him US citizenship at the age of 18. She had to live here for 10 years and 5 of those years HAD to be after the age of 16 - therefore, her having BO at the age of 18 yrs in the US does not make him a US citizen. It's fact folks. Hard and truth - but facts.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

I seen in one of Jamie's other threads that he has a couple degrees and he seems like a very educated person. I feel that Jamie could really contribute to ATS and give users like myself useful information

He certainly has - read about "Obama and the Bilderbergers" or several of his other threads with good research.

Some threads are for research and others are pointing out things. Read 'em both if you want, or skip if you don't like. You can't expect all threads to be the same.

Thats the thing though. The past 5 or six threads I seen from Jamie on the board have been the "same". I respect all members here, and I think that everyone has something to offer. New, old, Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Christians, Catholics, ect. I just think that you guys should have a little more understanding. The diversity of people here is going to make it near impossible for everyone to agree. But, we can peacefully agree to disagree on certain topics, then move on to the next. Instead, we are STILL fighting over who's party is better and which VP is the right choice. Of course, this problem comes from both stand points on the issue. So, please don't think that I am singling anyone out. I would just like to see one political thread end peacefully and not have to hear the same thing tomorrow with a dif. title. Thats all I'm trying to say.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's why there is the "Ignore" option if they can't handle it. I've got several flaming Libs that cover both Ears when I post (Ignore) - they can't take it.

You have to be able to dish and take it - plain and simple. If you can't take it, that is your problem - don't read it then or use "Ignore".

Why? Civility and truth are not welcome here?

This is the Decision 2008 thread - it's politics.

It's also ATS. Why do we have to play the way everyone else does? Can we not do better? I know we can but I can't make it happen, YOU ALL DO.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

You are right but for somebody like me that has been here for a while, that has seen the circus that ATS became during the last elections I can predict this much.

They come in hordes the post and post with agenda and then as soon the elections are over, they will be gone with the wind, leaving everybody to pick up the pieces of the bickering battlers that no only divide our nation but also the members in ATS.

And that is a fact.

Anybody that was here in 2004 remember that time also.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That's why there is the "Ignore" option if they can't handle it. I've got several flaming Libs that cover both Ears when I post (Ignore) - they can't take it.

You have to be able to dish and take it - plain and simple. If you can't take it, that is your problem - don't read it then or use "Ignore".

Why? Civility and truth are not welcome here?

This is the Decision 2008 thread - it's politics.

It's also ATS. Why do we have to play the way everyone else does? Can we not do better? I know we can but I can't make it happen, YOU ALL DO.

Your message would be stronger if the dozens of Palin attack threads with nothing but speculation in them were not left to linger on the boards breaking news sections, while opposing ones are moved to other sections in rapid fashion. I made one such thread about a current statement Obama made regarding his experience he cited from running his own campaign. It was legitimate with links and thoughts and responses. It was moved within hours while the Palin attack threads stayed put.
When the Georgian war broke out, a unified thread was made for it.
When the Palin war broke out, the angry left had free reign, with thread topics overpopulating the front pages. What would a first timer think as you would ask?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by SectionEight]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by KaginD

You are right but for somebody like me that has been here for a while, that has seen the circus that ATS became during the last elections I can predict this much.

They come in hordes the post and post with agenda and then as soon the elections are over, they will be gone with the wind, leaving everybody to pick up the pieces of the bickering battlers that no only divide our nation but also the members in ATS.

And that is a fact.

Anybody that was here in 2004 remember that time also.

Thats funny that you mention that. I wanted to ask what happened during the last election, but I didn't want to beat a dead horse. Thanks for letting me know. I like to have faith in people, maybe thats a flaw. I will be around after the elections, so I'm sure I will see what you mean.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have a few to add:

Palin is a Muslim!
Palin was born in Russia
Palin is a citizen of Indonesia!
Palin's husband said "tar baby"
Palin's husband is a racist.
Palin has terrorist friends
Palin's non-existent voting record...
Palin and the Bilderbergers!
Palin's half-sister living in poverty!
Palin's Spring Break trip to N. Korea!

and my favorite:

Palin has yet to show a birth certificate to the State Department!

Now, let's talk about party desperation!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Get it straight, man. I have never even come CLOSE to saying anything close to any of these things. ATS used to be a place where a civilized conversation could occur. Now it is filled with a bunch of Rush Limbaughs, Anne Coulters and Sean Hannitys who will twist words and lie through their teeth just for the thrill of getting a rise out of people.

Most of the comments I listed in the OP were posted here on ATS. I have no idea what you did or didn't post. I think the "civilized conversation" went out the window about 30 seconds after McCain named Palin VP.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

At the end of the election, Obama, Palin, Bush, Clinton, McCain, Biden, Brzezinski, and Kissinger will probably be having a cup of tea together laughing at the left and right who start up arguments like these to bicker and argue against each other.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

* Sarah Palin's uterus is an "idiot factory"

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jamie83]

Well that explains the "Made in Palin" Stamp on the back of George W.'s neck.

This is not a one liner if you count the quote from Jamie.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, basically, this thread was started to get a rise out of the other side and then point fingers and say "you guys do it, so can we?"

No no no no no no no no no....

This thread wasn't started to get a rise out of the other side and then point fingers.

This thread was started because:

1. I can't believe the dumbness and vitriol of the attacks being made against Sarah Palin, and

2. The attacks are becoming a story in and of themselves. There was a poll released today that showed 51% of the people poll believed the MSM was trying to hurt Palin.

3. Summarizing the list of attacks all on one thread seemed like a good way to keep track of them and discuss the topic, not the individual attacks.

The point I was trying to make is that the stupidity of the attacks is directly proportional to how desperate the Dems making the attacks have become.

Addressing each attack in the thread it occurred wouldn't make sense in this context. I.e., the topic IS the quantity and low quality of the attacks as a whole.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Honestly, this is ruining ATS for me. I have seen more posts based on political hate then posts about unique ideas and theories. What happened here???
Sorry if its a bit off topic, but I think the OP is just trying to get a rise out of people at this point. Why even feed into it. It just keeps him posting more nonsense.
Maybe if this wasn't such a recurring topic, you would get more reasonable responses OP. I may be new, but I know an instigator when I see one.

I am not trying to get a rise out of people.

I am posting what other people said.

I didn't say these things. Perhaps your complaints should be directed at those who said the things I referred to. This is becoming a great example of people wanting to shoot the messenger.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

So it IS meant to get a rise out of the other side and point then. Good.

Another thing to keep in mind. Both sides act just as idiotic to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, basically, this thread was started to get a rise out of the other side and then point fingers and say "you guys do it, so can we?"

2. The attacks are becoming a story in and of themselves. There was a poll released today that showed 51% of the people poll believed the MSM was trying to hurt Palin.

Actually that percentage would be quite greater if it wouldn't be manipulated already. If I must guess, around 60-75%. Sarah's speech had a great impact on the nation. And the liberals doesn't really like this. That MSM poll is like one of the poll at CNN few weeks ago (I believe it was about Georgia.). Regardless how many voted, the side what CNN wanted to hear was always greater with 300 votes. What a surprise. Liberal manipulation, liberal manipulation, liberal manipulation. And then they're surprised, when no one is believing them.

The liberals are attacking Ms. Palin, because she is quite better then anyone that the liberals can offer to the U.S. And she is just the VP candidate, but won the heart of the people within thirty minutes.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Sheridan]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
Jamie, I implore you to please bring something to the table that isn't just an invitation to incite rage with people of the opposing viewpoints. It's not really a very effective way to bring people over to your viewpoint and makes people immediately close there ears and hum the Flintstones theme.

You are hardly the only offender and there are plenty of liberal threads that do the same thing, but since I've seen so many of your threads authored lately I'm posting my thoughts here.

Please don't ruin ATS! We have something amazing here and to many of us it's very important.

Sorry if this is off topic mods, I'll shut up now.

I am honestly baffled by the response to this thread.

I am pointing out the low-level of smears ATS members have made against Palin, and you think I am ruining ATS? What about the knuckleheads who say things like Palin's uterus is an "idiot factory" and that saying this is "hilarious?"

I begged people the other night to stop the rumors about Palin's children, and the liberal Obama supporters argued that these rumors were fair game. Never mind they were smearing a 17-year old and using a 4-month old baby with Down syndrome to do it.

And now suddenly everybody is self-righteous and cares about what other people think of ATS?

Don't you get it?

The whole purpose of this thread is in part to hold up a mirror to the idiotic ATS members who are posting the things I referenced. Maybe this will help raise the level of ATS.

And for those who question the content I bring to ATS, try reading the research I did here

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Honestly, this is ruining ATS for me. I have seen more posts based on political hate then posts about unique ideas and theories. What happened here???
Sorry if its a bit off topic, but I think the OP is just trying to get a rise out of people at this point. Why even feed into it. It just keeps him posting more nonsense.
Maybe if this wasn't such a recurring topic, you would get more reasonable responses OP. I may be new, but I know an instigator when I see one.

I am not trying to get a rise out of people.

I am posting what other people said.

I didn't say these things. Perhaps your complaints should be directed at those who said the things I referred to. This is becoming a great example of people wanting to shoot the messenger.

But do you see how you just blamed the other side again
The ignorance of the people that posted those comments should have no reflection on you Jamie, but you are making yourself the target by reposting it. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

I think it's best you know that demoplicans and republocrats are always being controlled by the same people.

Check out the NWO forum to find out. Or SkepticOverlord's thread: The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

Stop feeding the divide

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

But do you see how you just blamed the other side again
The ignorance of the people that posted those comments should have no reflection on you Jamie, but you are making yourself the target by reposting it. Deny Ignorance.

Well yeah, I'm blaming the "other side" because they are the ones posting this nonsense. When people use a baby with Down syndrome to smear a 17-year old then that's crossing the line, imo.

Where was the outrage at those threads and posts? I saw almost none.

Rather than be offended that I pointed out the comments that I did, you should be offended by the people who made them to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join