It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Signs of Liberal Desperation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Another of my favorite signs of liberal desperation: posts complaining about how much Cindy McCain's outfit costs. Good thing the people on ATS are far more mature than to sink to THAT new low, heheheh.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While the discussion of politics, debates and some bickering to certain point is allow, this type of threads are becoming the norm for some members.

I think this type of promotion that is been used when opening new threads like this one should not be allowed, I agree that the issues should be discussed in the threads that were brought up.

Marg6043.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Any mod or admin interference here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seagull got into here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it doesnt looked like he started threatening to shut it down.

Both threads pretty closely resembles this one.

Am I mistaken?

Yes you are. Those threads have substance, unlike this one.

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And how exactly do they resember this one?

These threads are to debunk rumors, not call all conservatives desperate opportnists. I mean seriously now.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Did I use offensive, made up language to stir up trouble? I was commenting that the earrings she wore cost more than most people's houses - which IS a valid topic during a mortgage/financial crisis.

Thanks for the attack though!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And by the way Iv highlighted how hypocritical this thread is, obviously by the mere fact they chose Palin, on the last minute

Tell me where are those threads you listed wrong? How are they insulting conservatives when their merely highlighting propaganda tactics? Is that the only real thing you can find to complain about?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
so, basically, this thread was started to get a rise out of the other side and then point fingers and say "you guys do it, so can we?"

sounds like baiting.

here's my take on all of this. both parties offer nothing. politicians are all weasels (another word comes to mind but it isn't quite as nice).

the fact that someone could waste time defending a politician scares me.

that said, since my work day is done and intrepid, unfortunately, got sucked into this discussion about how the democrats can say this and the republicans can say that, I'll pass the buck (insert nelson haha here) to him until I get home, put the kids to bed and toss back a few.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Intrepid, you always claim neutral (as you are Canadian), but you are always defending Obama (the Democrats) at every turn in nearly every thread. Sometimes I wonder if you're not even a bigger fan of his than BH on ATS.

See, this is the problem when one sees only what they want to and are not critical. I don't give a damn about Obama but I DO care what ATS looks like to members and visitors and I know what thread you're talking about and it was a hit piece with NO actual content, no, let me rephrase that, manufactured information. Not good for ATS. You up for what's good for this website that is maintained for you for free?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

If you and Intrepid don't think claiming Obama is the anti-christ and a racist Muslim from Kenya is just as ridiculous as Trig is Bristols son and it's too dangerous for Cindy McCain to hold the baby or Palins uterus is a "retard factory" than I'm afraid I can't help you. (edited typo)

Yup, you're both 100% right. Those threads collecting ridiculous information about Obama and discussing them are absolutely nothing like this thread collecting ridiculous statements about Palin and discussing them. Completely different.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I submit this thread as evidence of the sad state of the political process in the US. When election day arrives, do I vote for who slung the most mud or who got hit with the most mud. That would be simpler than issues and direction.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yup, you're both 100% right. Those threads collecting ridiculous information about Obama and discussing them are absolutely nothing like this thread collecting ridiculous statements about Palin and discussing them. Completely different.

And the sad part is, the threads talking about Obama have more facts showing past and current associations, ties, history, corruption and otherwise!

With Palin, we get "Have you seen her daughter's MySpace page?" - that is grasping for straws alright.

Obama is starting to do that too as we surmised he would. Now he is telling everyone that if elected, he "could" press charges against the Bush Administration. Oh, yes - I must vote for you now! Lame.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What this thread? i thought it was about how desperate "liberals" are?

And then we continue with the "if they said it, we will as well", only this whole smear tactic got started by rightwingers and are majority left wing targeted. So please dont play the victim here the minute it hits you back in the face.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by sos37

Did I use offensive, made up language to stir up trouble? I was commenting that the earrings she wore cost more than most people's houses - which IS a valid topic during a mortgage/financial crisis.

Thanks for the attack though!

If you want me to give you a list of prominent Democrats, including celebrities, who have had ZERO problems with publicly flaunting their wealth in the midst of this mortgage crisis, just say the word.

You're accusing one Republican for doing something that people on both sides are guilty of, except you're acting as if the Republicans are the truly dispicable ones for doing it.

So yeah, you're damned right that was an attack on you and your ridiculous post.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Honestly, this is ruining ATS for me. I have seen more posts based on political hate then posts about unique ideas and theories. What happened here???
Sorry if its a bit off topic, but I think the OP is just trying to get a rise out of people at this point. Why even feed into it. It just keeps him posting more nonsense.
Maybe if this wasn't such a recurring topic, you would get more reasonable responses OP. I may be new, but I know an instigator when I see one.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And this thread wouldn't get a rise out of Americans (at least those of us who are Patriotic and support America)?

7 Good Reasons To Nuke The USA

C'mon now, this thread is nothing compared to that above. You don't like this thread because it speaks truth about becoming desparate using some very lame smears.

Free speech goes a long way, aren't you glad you have it? I'm not going to whine about the thread in quotes, but you get the point.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Honestly, this is ruining ATS for me. I have seen more posts based on political hate then posts about unique ideas and theories. What happened here???

My point exactly. This site is offered free of charge, the only thing asked is play nice. Maintained for free. Let's have a little respect for the forum that you are given, for free. I'm not pointing a finger at either side, I'm pointing it at both. A little respect please. It's not a pulpit, it's a site for anyone that wants to engage in alternative topics that are willing to post with decorum. You all have been given this, why not give a little back? Not money but content worth our members.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to throw in my two cents I suppose.

I love ATS. I have met some of the coolest free thinking individuals while being a part of this community. I have argued with liberal and conservative alike and enjoy sharing our differing viewpoints. One thread discussing gay rights and the next investigating the Stephenville incident possibly leading to speculation about the Dark Knights next villain on BTS.

I love these guys!

Centurion1211 and Bigfatfurrytexan to Benevolent Heretic and WhatTheory.

That's what makes ATS so amazing and that's why posts like these sadden me.

Jamie, I implore you to please bring something to the table that isn't just an invitation to incite rage with people of the opposing viewpoints. It's not really a very effective way to bring people over to your viewpoint and makes people immediately close there ears and hum the Flintstones theme.

You are hardly the only offender and there are plenty of liberal threads that do the same thing, but since I've seen so many of your threads authored lately I'm posting my thoughts here.

Please don't ruin ATS! We have something amazing here and to many of us it's very important.

Sorry if this is off topic mods, I'll shut up now.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Mods!

This is inflammatory BS and has no place on ATS. Once again, Jamie has come in with harsh accusation with ZERO sources. This is disgusting man, GET A LIFE.

Oh my, this is became my favorite Liberal Desperation. Shouting and crying. But honestly, it's pretty boring.

Back to the topic. Which is my favorite? Seeing all the liberals, including the liberal media as they're trying to make a catch on Lady Palin, but they're continuously failing, because she has nothing to hide in the reality. And she who has nothing to hide, cannot be blackmailed at all. Sarah is also quite smarter to take a notice on these pathetic lies. Honestly. Do the liberals are able to do anything else, then lying? No, I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
And this thread wouldn't get a rise out of Americans (at least those of us who are Patriotic and support America)?

7 Good Reasons To Nuke The USA

C'mon now, this thread is nothing compared to that above. You don't like this thread because it speaks truth about becoming desparate in some very lame smears.

Free speech goes a long way, aren't you glad you have it? I'm not going to whine about the thread in quotes, but you get the point.

Actually, I do not think that either of these candidates are good for the job, therefore it has nothing to do with "speaking the truth". The reason I get upset is because I seen in one of Jamie's other threads that he has a couple degrees and he seems like a very educated person. I feel that Jamie could really contribute to ATS and give users like myself useful information. But, instead he is posting hate threads. What is wrong with wanting a member to contribute to ATS in a positive way. Sure, speak your mind! Tell us how you feel about the politics. But, when thats all your posting, theres a bigger issue at hand.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Jamie, I implore you to please bring something to the table that isn't just an invitation to incite rage with people of the opposing viewpoints. It's not really a very effective way to bring people over to your viewpoint and makes people immediately close there ears and hum the Flintstones theme.

That's why there is the "Ignore" option if they can't handle it. I've got several flaming Libs that cover both Ears when I post (Ignore) - they can't take it.

You have to be able to dish and take it - plain and simple. If you can't take it, that is your problem - don't read it then or use "Ignore".

This was a good thread - it brought up valid "phrases" made by Libs after the Palin speech. Several which have been referenced because of whining.

This is the Decision 2008 thread - it's politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join