learn more

Favorite Signs of Liberal Desperation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
ok, either provide some evidentiary proof that these comments have been made or I'm closing this thread.

All of this stuff has been in the news the last few days! You cant be serious? I've NEVER seen a mod threaten to close one f these threads, where they claim Republicans are trying to label Obama a terrorist or Muslim.

We'll get you your sources. Give me a few.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

The most offensive statement has already been proved as a "slip up" on Jamie's behalf. I find it rather convenient.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If that's the case and I know it is, why not just discuss those issues in their original threads?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And here's ABC News proving once again that they are on top of the most important news of the campaign, making sure the world knows about Todd Palin's DUI when he was 22...

Todd Pali was 22 years old at the time and was not yet not married to the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee, but was dating her. He was pulled over by authorities in a small Alaskan town but not involved in any accident, and no one was hurt in the incident. He was briefly taken to jail following his arrest.

ABC News Making Sure We Know About Todd Palin's DUI When He Was 22

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm sort of shocked by posters claiming they haven't heard/read any of these. Especially the admins and mods. Are people just not paying attention?

I first read it here about how her child with down syndrome was the result of some incestuous affair and I just thought a poster was being cruel for cruelties sake then lo and behold that comment and others are still floating around and gaining ground not just here but an many blogs which have been picked up and reported on by MSM outlets and still so many people can honestly state these comments are news to them and never before heard and demand sources?

Geez.

Is it honest ignorance or just straight denial?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

The most offensive statement has already been proved as a "slip up" on Jamie's behalf. I find it rather convenient.

Slip up?

Because I "mis-remember" and switched got confused between "retard factory" and "idiot factory"? And the same member DID also refer to Trig Palin as a retard.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Ok, here's a link to a typical reaction and comments about who's holding the baby...

What I don’t get is that the baby was still in the room. And if he was in the room, why wasn’t he with his grandparents? There have been already been enough family photo opportunities to get that this is a family with 5 children including a baby. Wasn’t there someone who could have sat with him off stage in a quiet corner? Is this to be his life if Sarah Palin goes into the White House? Passed around to whoever has free arms, even if it’s a 7-8 year old child, and living in the limelight – is that really a healthy start in life?

As an extra thought on this, I did think that the images of Cindy McCain holding baby Trig when the camera panned the area and she wasn’t really aware of it were lovely and showed a softer more approachable side to her than what I’ve seen so far.

Cindy McCain Left Holding the Baby

Do you really think I could make this stuff up?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jamie83]

It is a bunch of anonymous bloggers on a website titled Opinionated News.

One prick who seems to have no affiliation with any sort of MSM posts thoughts that no one wants to hear and all of a sudden Democrats are so desperate that they're stumbling over each other to attack Palin?

Seriously, the blogger doesn't even sign a name... It's a nobody, or it's a somebody who doesn't want to be found out. So it could just as easily be a Republican who wishes to smear the Dems, by smearing Palin.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If that's the case and I know it is, why not just discuss those issues in their original threads?

The point of this thread is to show the collective desperation that has been caused by the selection of Sarah Palin as VP.

When sexist or plain ignorant comments are made within a thread, they are insidiously lost in the shuffle sometimes. It's like people calling blacks the n-word in an offhand way during the course of a conversation.

When seen collectively, the level of desperation and vitriol becomes more stunning. Maybe if people see this collection of nonsense they may be less inclined to participate in this in the future.

And that goes for both sides of the debate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
so we're upset over comments made here on ATS?

and why aren't, as Intrepid asked, y'all discussing this in the threads where these comments were made?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
One prick who seems to have no affiliation with any sort of MSM posts thoughts that no one wants to hear and all of a sudden Democrats are so desperate that they're stumbling over each other to attack Palin?

Seriously, the blogger doesn't even sign a name... It's a nobody, or it's a somebody who doesn't want to be found out. So it could just as easily be a Republican who wishes to smear the Dems, by smearing Palin.

I wasn't even online all day. This is typical of the type of stuff I was hearing on the radio in my car all day. Try tuning into some left-leaning talk shows and listen for a few minutes. You'll hear much worse.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I see the flaming Liberals are crying "foul" again. Go tell the Principle Jamie is picking on you -

Rediculous - you guys spout this BS and when it comes back to in itemized form, you then claim you're a victem of hate mongering.

Some of these have been referenced and i've seen the others in threads throughout ATS.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd like to add a new sign of desperation by the left:

"Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush"

This is hilarious to any reality based opinion about Bush...

Added: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Gatordone]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

and why aren't, as Intrepid asked, y'all discussing this in the threads where these comments were made?

I did discuss these comments in the threads in which they occurred. I created this thread as a subject in and of itself that I think is a valid topic for discussion.

The collective vitriol that has been coming out since Sarah Palin was named VP is stunning in it's volume and total idiocy. When seen collectively it has much more impact, imo.

And for the record, there were lots of threads like this talking about the "smears" against Obama. Heck, he even started his own website on it, didn't he?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Get it straight, man. I have never even come CLOSE to saying anything close to any of these things. ATS used to be a place where a civilized conversation could occur. Now it is filled with a bunch of Rush Limbaughs, Anne Coulters and Sean Hannitys who will twist words and lie through their teeth just for the thrill of getting a rise out of people.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

I did discuss these comments in the threads in which they occurred. I created this thread as a subject in and of itself that I think is a valid topic for discussion.

The collective vitriol that has been coming out since Sarah Palin was named VP is stunning in it's volume and total idiocy. When seen collectively it has much more impact, imo.

And for the record, there were lots of threads like this talking about the "smears" against Obama. Heck, he even started his own website on it, didn't he?

This is just as valid a topic as all the Obama crying foul topics but it wasn't started with the correct form, giving links. The mods are treading on double standard ground though by suggesting to just go away and reply in the individual threads.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It is a good point that you make. Except that when we try to provide proof and the proof involves bringing up the other candidate we get slammed with being off topic.

Also when somebody makes a simple or outrageous comment and we try to respond to that comment we get the off topic tag.

I understand about derailing the topic but sometimes the other candidates name has to be brought up to show that he or she is doing the same thing.

Guess this would be a good example about replying to someones comment and being off topic at the same time.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I see the flaming Liberals are crying "foul" again. Go tell the Principle Jamie is picking on you -

Rediculous - you guys spout this BS and when it comes back to in itemized form, you then claim you're a victem of hate mongering.

Some of these have been referenced and i've seen the others in threads throughout ATS.

Yes, I'll give you NeoCons here one thing, in any of the threads that attack Palin and McCain you all simply attack back instead of whining.

Nothing like the warmongers you are voting for or have already elected at all.

You all still need to get it into your head that they are both the same, they are both promising you what you simply want to hear and none of it is ever the truth. The American publics support has been bought in soundbites, and we're screwed regardless of which of these two morons you choose.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
The mods are treading on double standard ground though by suggesting to just go away and reply in the individual threads.

Why? No really. Why is this a double standard to keep the board clean and to have content where it's supposed to be?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Any mod or admin interference here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seagull got into here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it doesnt looked like he started threatening to shut it down.

Both threads pretty closely resembles this one.

Am I mistaken?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Why? No really. Why is this a double standard to keep the board clean and to have content where it's supposed to be?

Intrepid, you always claim neutral (as you are Canadian), but you are always defending Obama (the Democrats) at every turn in nearly every thread. Sometimes I wonder if you're not even a bigger fan of his than BH on ATS.

It would be a double standard and we would have to look no further than doing a query on Andrew Wiggin's threads - which many wreak of rhetoric and no substance, racism etc. (much like Obama's campaign).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join