It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Signs of Liberal Desperation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How YESTERDAY is debating Repubs and Dems? Aren't we all OVER that by now and hasn't it become a moot point?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anna Kronism

Jaime.. how bout we edit our posts on these two topics and just essentially throw these threads in the garbage?

I'll take the first step and edit mine away.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Anna Kronism

Jaime.. how bout we edit our posts on these two topics and just essentially throw these threads in the garbage?

I'll take the first step and edit mine away.

hehe.. you must have been reading my mind. I'm just going to ask the mods to delete this thread.

MODS -delete this thread please!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

i u2u-d a mod to delete mine. couldnt edit away the post though, guess i used up my edits on that one.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by jamie83

i u2u-d a mod to delete mine. couldnt edit away the post though, guess i used up my edits on that one.

I can't edit mine or delete mine either, and the mod u2ud me and said he can't just delete it, but he will forward my request to a super mod.

I also will go on record right now saying the I will piss even more people off by jumping into threads I think are over the line that are anti-Obama, anti-liberal, anti-democratic and tell people to raise up the level of communication.

I will NOT jump into any threads that are anti-Palin, anti-McCain, anti-Republican and do the same.

I will urge those I agree with to tone things down when they are out of line.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

ill try and do that with my base of anti palin and mccains. i just dont want to do the whole thread hijacking, but if im in a debate and i see it go south ill link up to our new thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

* Sarah Palin's uterus is an "idiot factory"

im neither lib or conservative...but that is just funny

dont worry there guy im not voting for big banker Obama or liar liar McSame

good luck with all your political agenda pushing...

One thing I feel the need to say here is..
It is so obvious McCain wants the Presidency so bad he has let gone all or at least most of his morals and has become a through the teeth liar.

A Liar. Period. To your face, Liar. Wake up Mr. Conservative (or should I say puppet on a string Republican)! The lines are becoming more and more transparent by the day.

Would you accept this from anyone else in your life? I think not. Don't let the lies infiltrate our nations highest honor. he does not deserve the presidency.

Vote for honesty, for whatever that is worth to you. It used to mean a whole lot.

if you don't know who that is, do a little more research...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Ugh, what a scumbag. That is a beyond horrible thing to say.

I wouldn't say the Republicans are the desperate ones
McCain's the guy climbing in the polls, not The Messiah, Lord Barack Hussein Apollo Obama. The magic has worn off. Even his DNC speech was a total bore. I almost fell asleep watching the empty suit's head bobble back and forth trying to stir up a crowd at his concert.

Proof of desperation is the Obama campaign desperately sicking their media attack dogs (nearly all the MSM, which they have in their back pockets) on Sarah Palin and spreading countless lies about her. It's completely obvious that they are absolutely terrified of who she is and what she stands for. It's threatening for the Obama campaign that the McCain ticket has two candidates who are true, patriotic Americans with values who stand for something and have fought for you, both with legislation, executive decisions and in war.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by sos37

Did I use offensive, made up language to stir up trouble? I was commenting that the earrings she wore cost more than most people's houses - which IS a valid topic during a mortgage/financial crisis.

Thanks for the attack though!

Sorry about this TruthWithin,

This comes across as exactly the desperation that the OP and others speak.

Please advise us about what office it is for which Cindy McCain is running?? What she must do to put ointment on how you think people should dress to suit you and your sentiments.

TruthWithin this type of tack is precisely the shallowness of which many here speak. I don't care of what Cindy McCain wears or doesn't wear. It is none of my business as she is not running for public office.

I greatly disapprove of this kind of class envy..whether done by Republicans or Democrats...or anyone else. This kind of tack also bespeaks of a kind of "entitlement" at the expense of others. A very UnAmerican position. When one sees this over and over as a political tactic it becomes very shallow.

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well yeah, I'm blaming the "other side" because they are the ones posting this nonsense. When people use a baby with Down syndrome to smear a 17-year old then that's crossing the line, imo.

The problem is that you don't individuate. That's what makes your motive seem so transparent. When Rush Limbaugh implied that dedicated Conservatives to protest violently at the DNC as ersatz liberals, I didn't see a lot of people making broad sweeping condemnations of conservative politics for it. He also tried to subvert the democratic process by encouraging his followers to vote disingenuously to undermine the genuine selection of democratic voters. I didn't see anyone try to conflate the issue and make it sound like a horde of ambiguous conservatives were parroting Limbaugh's suggestion. Did you? Surely you would agree, it would have been absurd. These were Limbaugh's words and Limbaugh was responsible for them. They don't represent all conservatives. Some fringe conservatives, absolutely. But it would hardly be fair to artificially inflate the issue to vaguely defame conservatives in a general sense, would it?

Here is a source for the Rush Limbaugh mention above:

en.wikipedia.org...

You seem rational enough. Why don't you acknowledge that the repulsive commentary of a handful of people who happen to have liberal politics doesn't bespeak the character of all liberals everywhere and admit that it's not a clear sign of some sort of universal liberal desperation? Whenever I see someone as intelligent as yourself defrauding a subject so blatantly, glossing over such massive logical fallacies with rhetorical flourish .. I must admit, it makes me a little suspicious. What motivates you?

Further, your reference to the (paraphrased) "You can't just replace a vagina with a vagina" quote is clearly not calling Palin "A Vagina". It's a callback to the suspicion that McCain is cynically going for Clinton supporters by hastily putting a seemingly poorly vetted woman on the Republican ticket. The suspicion is obviously that McCain thinks Clinton supporters are more motivated to support a woman for her gender and not her politics. But know this already, don't you? I mean, considering this context is clear when reading the source you provided?

Where was the outrage at those threads and posts? I saw almost none.

Well, could you link me to where you proactively expressed outrage about Limbaugh's actions. Are you outraged about some of the defamatory statements which have been shown to be lies and propaganda intended to damage Obama, or do you just quietly move on to your next item? If these are the standards by which you judge the content of your opponent's character, are they not justified in judging you by the same standards, and are your hands so clean in this regard? I don't think so. So perhaps we should just stick to the issues.

Rather than be offended that I pointed out the comments that I did, you should be offended by the people who made them to begin with.

That's what they call a false dilemma. A well-known logical fallacy that can be hard to spot in the midst of heated rhetoric. An improper use of the "or" operator. A person doesn't have to choose which to be offended by and may very well be more concerned with the duplicity of your presentation than they are by the bad manners of a partisan cheerleader. Just because they don't respond to you by joining your choir doesn't mean they don't disapprove.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

ah! The truth hurts dosen't Ninja? The facade that the Liberals were being "kind" to McCain because of his age, and the thought that they had the election locked came tumbling down when Sarah Palin and John McCain gave butt kickin' speeches.
Now, I want to hear more substance on issues from both parties. I want Obama to quit telling me what we need to change and tell me how we're going to do it, without dystroying the working class. And I want to hear the same thing from McCain and Palin.
I would much rather vote for a man of honor and substance, who has dedicated his life to public service, that a man who makes the same claim but has authored nothing but to memiors about himself. Pretty egotiscal if you ask me?
But then, you didn't ask me, did you?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why have discussions like this any way? Is that a sign of conservative smokescreening?

Let's talk about about her history of wanting to ban books. Shei s a pentecostal, that is reasonable to ask. Did that happen or not? Time is reporting, NYT says it is confirmed. What about free speech?

What about her foreign policy experience?
What about her academic record? Does she have the intellect to understand the complexity of the global problems that need to be dealt with?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Did I use offensive, made up language to stir up trouble? I was commenting that the earrings she wore cost more than most people's houses - which IS a valid topic during a mortgage/financial crisis.

And I would suppose you were going after Teresa Heinz/Kerry last election cycle for being rich as well, right? Please point to your posts bashing Mrs Kerry for her lifestyle. I will await your reasoning for not bashing Mrs. Kerry, I can't wait for this one.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm sort of shocked by posters claiming they haven't heard/read any of these. Especially the admins and mods. Are people just not paying attention?

The truth is most of the mods here do seem to be biased to the left. Its understandable, since this is an conspiracy website that most of those who becoem moderators (by defitniton hard-core ATS users) are going to be anti-establishment. Yes there are a few right-wingers, but most of the mod staff seems to be leftwing, or radically left wing. Even those who claim to be above politics or parties, still seem to come from a left wing POV. And so yeah, the liberals here will get away with more, and will get the benefit of the doubt more often. You just have to expect it, plan for it, deal with it, and move on.

As to the OP, I agree that the dems are getting desperate, just the claims that Palin "wasnt vetted" when Mccains vetters were in Alaska as far back as june, seems like pretty conclusive proof. But the mos incriminating thing?
When have you ever heard any democrat worry that a woman shoudn't take a position becuase she has a baby?
When dems start going all family values and anti-feminist theory, you know they must be scared.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long, less than a week before they have trottted out two different Palin affairs. One was supposedly her husband's Biz partner (National Enquirer) and one was supposedly her Lieutenant Gov. (TMZ).

Wow two affairs and having a baby in the last two years, becoming Gov and then V.P. Nominee, the people at N.O.W. must be pretty impressed with Mrs. Palin.

Glad to see the Obama people are so above such petty politics. After all they still were considering John Edwards for VP even after word was breaking about his affair.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the really funny thing is many here don't see any pattern to this smearing. Why am I not surprised.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You know, until I read your post, I hadn't realized there were TWO extra marital affairs being alleged.

Smells very fishy.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
You know, until I read your post, I hadn't realized there were TWO extra marital affairs being alleged.
Smells very fishy.

Affairs are nothing. I am surprised more haven't mentioned the accusations of incest (i.e. Trig is product of an incestuous relationship between Bristol and either her brother or her father). Yes I saw it first here on ATS (I cannot find the original quote, it might have been edited since then).

That really shocked me. I would wager that this story is probably the LOWEST and most VILE form mudslinging and slander every perpetrated in a U.S. presidential campaign. I believe it might truly set a precidence.

Why Trig Palin's parentage is a national security matter

If the girl got pregnant by Sarah’s husband while he was drunk and Sarah was busy eclipsing him in her governorship, her husband would face statutory rape with special conditions while Sarah would face career ruin, family destruction and a financial trainwreck. Note that heavy drinking and marital isues are two of the three major correlates of what therapists will tell you is a very common family incident.

If the daughter got pregnant by Sarah’s older son, the son could go to prison, he would be dishonorably discharged, and Sarah’s political career would probably be over. This also happens more commonly than most believe, but I consider it less likely.

www.opednews.com...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Before he gave up the ghost Conway Twitty gave an interview in which he stated that there was coming out of Hollywood and the Music industry a new level of filth and depravity the likes of which this country has never seen.

Since those times I have had continual demonstration that Conway Twitty was quite correct.

That for which I was not prepared was the realization that the body politic would follow suit. It is my failing in not realizing how closely Hollywood and Politics are joiined at the hip so to speak.

There was a time when ones tax forms would be scrutinized. Now days with our "higher" intelligence ones sex life is to be scrutinzed. Amazing how evolution works. The upward reach of mankind.

In a manner of speaking ..the body politic is leading the charge in demonstrating this "upward reach of mankind." What a let down.

Some food for thought.
Conway Twitty passed away in the early 1990s.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

My God, what will they next come up with? This viciousness needs to stop. Must we immolate every political candidate for so far unsubstantiated rumors and innuendos.

What concerns me is that at least on this site, it seems Obama supporters see nothing wrong with doing this kind of smear job even though their own candidate (Obama) has tried to stop these kind of attacks. Great constituency he has here. He must be real proud of you.

Since both candidates claim to want to "reach across the aisle" why don't they both ditch their VP's and run on a joint Obama/McCain or McCain/Obama ticket?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join