Originally posted by Crakeur
bah. when someone reduces funding, they refer to it as cutting funding. ...cutting funding just means she budgeted less for this program.
But let's use your very own logic. She didn't reduce their actual spending from a previous budget, right? In fact she doubled it, right?
What she cut by only 20% was the legislature's request for *NEW* funding for an expansion of the facility. But she still approved the remaining 80% of it when it was within her power to kill the expansion funding all together, right?
So, given these facts, does the statement "she cut funding for Covenant House" accurately convey what happened?
[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]