It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone heard of anything in northern california?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I mean WAY northern California, about 30 miles south of the Oregon border (and not a secret base in Mt. Shasta.
)

I live near/around this area, which is mostly agriculture and ranching. There's a road that branches off of an old highway called Scarface that I personally have never driven because it's supposed to be very dangerous. It's a one-lane dirt road that goes from the town of Gazelle into the mountains to the west. Supposedly a bunch of very angry, territorial "hicks" if you will live out on the road and will shoot at you if they get the chance, but the other danger is that it's a one-lane dirt road that winds through the mountains, mostly on the edge of steep slopes, so if another car comes tearing around a corner at you you're pretty much toast.

A friend's cousin said that he and another friend, who I know, drove out to the end of this road once and reached a point long after the houses of the people who lived there where the road was blocked by a locked gate with "government signs" on it and a chain-link fence going out either way. When we asked them more they just said they didn't check it out, just turned around and got out of there in a hurry.

Recently there's been a lot of highway rehabilitation and road repairs going on in Gazelle, which is strange because it's population is about 40 and the roads were fine before. The rumor is that it's the Feds doing it because they're going to be doing some sort of work on a "secret base" out in the mountains. No one said the words "Scarface Road" but when I was first told the rumor I automatically thought of it. Google Earth is no use, you can see some buildings in the area but it won't zoom in enough to tell if it's just a really large farm with almost no land on a well-kept dirt road or something else.

I was wondering if anyone had heard even a crazy rumor about anything going on in Nor. California/Southern Oregon. I would investigate myself but I'm terrified of driving out on Scarface!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i havent been up there in awhile, but i used to go every year or so to Hornebrook/Yreka area. Real quiet place, have you asked around Gazelle?

Havent made it up the past couple of years because of work and school though. Theres a place i heard about though in more central cal but idk the veracity of those claims.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
N41.578983° W122.836757 appears to be where Scarface ends. The google earth resolution is pretty good in my opinion. I see nothing spooky there.

If the road is dirt, there is little to fear if you are driving it during daylight hours. The dust trail can be seen for miles. You can drive with your headlights on if you want more visibility.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah, the locals are who I talk to on a daily basis.

I guess I'll just have to head out there on my own one of these days and see if my friends were telling the truth or just bull#ting us. Thanks for your input guys!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I live in the bay area, but that area is a supposed hotspot for UFO's.

"On August 13, 1960, and for the next five days, California experienced one of the most intense UFO waves ever recorded. The wave was centered over the northern California town of Red Bluff, but actually encompassed Willow Creek, Concord, Corning, Eureka, Pleasant Hill, Healdsburg, Santa Rosa, Roseville, Mineral, Dunsmuir, Honeydew and Redlands.
It all began at 10:05 pm on August 13, when Deputy Sheriff Clarence Fry of Red Bluff observed a large glowing object over the Red Bluff prison. Two hours later, two other patrol officers observed a large glowing object hovering 200 feet above their vehicle. The officers alerted neighboring sheriff’s stations and took off chasing the object. Meanwhile, law enforcement officers in numerous other cities also observed the same or different objects. At the same time, hundreds of calls poured in from citizens. Researcher Paris Flammonde calls this wave, “One of the most impressive multiple sightings.” Researcher James Harder Ph.D. was so impressed by the case that on July 29, 1968, he delivered an official paper in support of the case to the Committee on Science and Astronautics, House of Representatives, United States Congress. Incredibly, Air Force Blue Book officials labeled the case as “atmospheric inversion” without any investigation. Still, this case remains one of the most intense waves in California history."

strangemaps.wordpress.com...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Genesis01]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was born and raised in northern california, eureka to be exact, on the humboldt bay.. .i dont recall anything like that however that area has some strange vibes to it. ill say that much

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
I was born and raised in northern california, eureka to be exact, on the humboldt bay.. .i dont recall anything like that however that area has some strange vibes to it. ill say that much

I was also born in humboldt (fortuna) and lived in Eureka for years. I remember hearing lots of UFO stories and some strange bigfoot stuff from my father but that's it. My dad was a logger so he was up in the mountains constantly in all kinds of weird places and he never mentioned anything about any secret chained off government facilities

Mt.Shasta though, now that a whole 'nother story...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What's the deal with Mt.Shasta anyway?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Probably some pot growers,my ex father in law lived up there said lot's of older people grow pot to subsidize their income,and there stuff is well sought after

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
aloha there my friends, i am also at the top of califorina, 30 mins from the organ border, n a little whole called Yreka, now i have been here off n on n my life, n just recently i'v herd of something living on the mt side, n on the night of the eclipse (this past Fri) i seen it, not i'm not some 1 who believes every thing they hear, n i so don't believe every thing i see posted up on Youtube, but this is all real and true, i call him the Coyote-Man, at least 7ft tall, hunched over, at least a 7-8ft wingspans, a dog like snout and huge eyes, salt n pepper hair covering his whole body, well all but the face, hands n feet, and chest, now this is not no Bigfoot, or Yeti sittings, i have no proof, no videos, or pictures yet, but i will, there is none thing out here to do, so i will have allot of time to work on it, i will b back with more news i can count on that

new topics

top topics

join