It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem Using New ATS Search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The new ATS isn't working very well for me as the old one automatically sorted the posts by recent date and the new one doesn't. I therefore can't check my latest posts to see if there have been any replies!! Can someone help?? or fix this error!!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I second this. I have had repeated instances of no returns on searches that should have (would have) produce a butt-load of returns on the old search engine.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
have you tried subscribing to posts, It's one way to keep up to date with replies.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Boolean search displays results in order of relevance to your search. If you want to find only your posts, simply click on the "Find Posts" link under one of your posts.... or subscribe to threads you post to (subscribe button) then review your subscriptions in your control panel.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall I have had repeated instances of no returns
Can you give me an examle of a search you tried? Using the boolean operators can be tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll get exactly the posts you want.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Valhall
I have had repeated instances of no returns

Can you give me an examle of a search you tried?

Using the boolean operators can be tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll get exactly the posts you want.

WEll yesterday i was was reading a thread titled something that had "third time" in it's title.

I had a search using the new search funtion a few times, and couldn't find it, int he last day or the week, and it was only 2 days old, and had been replied to int he last 10 hours (at the time of the search). And i was only searching for "third". But it came up with nothing at all.

I had it was required, and all the other ones, but it still didn't work.

The older one would have come up with stuff, but this one couldn't find it. And i'm sure it had the word "third" in iot's title unless the owner of it changed it. And i'm not sure what forum it was in either so if i want to find it i have to search EVERY forum for it.

Jus thtouhgt i'd let u know.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thread titles aren't part of the search yet... but they will be after Sunday. You'll be able to do boolean searchs on posts, subjects, or both.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Alright then. Cool. Thanks for the reply

That's how i almost always search...for the topic name.

Thnx

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Skeptic overlord wrote:

If you want to find only your posts, simply click on the "Find Posts" link under one of your posts....

Thanks, yes to find this post today even I tried using the search engine to view my posts from the last 3 months, not only were they all unsorted out of date but I believe this post didnt even come up for some reason, as well as many other posts not coming up. Even before I read this reply I just thought of clicking on find posts and luckily it worked similar to using the old ATS search. I now therefore have to use the new ATS search to find any one of my random posts then click find posts, so I have to do two processes to find one.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha Thanks, yes to find this post today even I tried using the search engine to view my posts from the last 3 months, not only were they all unsorted out of date but I believe this post didnt even come up for some reason,
Sorry... but I don't see the same thing happening as you... when I click on your find posts, the first page is this: Problem with logging in . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23-3-2004 at 06:43 AM Problem Using New ATS Search . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23-3-2004 at 06:41 AM Have ATS Points Decreased By 80%?? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19-3-2004 at 07:18 AM Traditional Remedies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19-3-2004 at 07:14 AM Traditional Remedies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19-3-2004 at 07:12 AM Problem Using New ATS Search . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19-3-2004 at 06:54 AM UFOs in Grampians, Vic, Australia . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:48 AM Problem with logging in . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:43 AM Traditional Remedies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:33 AM What would the ideal weapon be? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:30 AM 23rd March , 2004, Astronomical Equinox . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:25 AM Access to the Underground Portion of DIA? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:20 AM Native American Predictions that everyone should read . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12-3-2004 at 06:18 AM AboveTopSecret.com Historian Search! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 08:30 AM UFO research at Grampians . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 08:26 AM Traditional Remedies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 08:24 AM 23rd March , 2004, Astronomical Equinox . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 08:15 AM What would the ideal weapon be? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 08:09 AM Fake $1 Million Dollar Bill Surfaces in Wal-Mart . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-3-2004 at 07:50 AM Traditional Remedies . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10-3-2004 at 02:57 AM

top topics

join