It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever play Ultima Online?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If you never played Ultima Online than this may not interest you.

UO was the first MMO I ever played, and in my opinion, the best one. However over the years it changed drastically in order to compete with games like WoW and Everquest. Back in 1998 and 1999 the game was amazing. You could roam the woods looking for unsuspecting victims to PK. If you killed too many people you became a murderer and were not allowed in town. If you died you could be looted and lose everything on you! The risk was what made the game so much fun, but due to so many people complaining they eventually changed it so there was no risk.

Well..the original UO lives on today through a website called www.uodivinity.com...

I have just started playing again and the nostalgia has engulfed me, so I felt compelled to post something.

Based off of the old 1999 T2A platform, you will find all the same rules and great PvP action as the original Ultima Online. If you were ever a fan of Ultima, check it out. There is an average player base of 300-500 people online at peak times, but the more the better! Best of all, its FREE! The game can be downloaded now and registration is not even required.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was a 5 year vet when i quit playing. Loved that game. Publish 16 was the end for me.
Free shards are cool for a while,just cant seem to get into them.
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Darkfall online. Alot of the old UO feel with WOW quality graphics.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OMG UO!!!

How do i download the actual game then? i WANNA PLAY!!!

That link takes me to a site but the only downloads i see are patches and stuff....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
that sounds awesome

i wish my 60mb of ram could handle a game

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Falken

It may do. I was playing UO back in '99 on a pentium II. I'm sure it only had 64meg of ram.

It was an awesome game. So much so that I spent a whole year of university playing it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I played in uhh what? 1997?

whenever release was.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I played. In fact I still have my account active even though I havent played in about 2 years just because I am too lazy to collect up all my rares and put them in the bank and demolish my house.

I used to play a lot when it first came out, but when DAoC came out I abandoned it. Still keep the account, and still play every year or so for a month or so before I remember why I got bored with it.

Great thread though. It was my first MMO too, and I still cant let it go completely.

Edit to add;
BTW they never completely gave up PvP servers. They have servers dedicated to the old Fel play style, even now.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

top topics

join