Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

AL MVP?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is going to be tough this year. First half it was easy, Josh Hamilton. Even on a bad team he was a everyday highlight. But he has burned out since the homerun derby. The most consisted player all year has been Carlos Quentin. The hottest player in baseball right now is Dustin Pedroia. It seems everyday he is making the highlights that Josh Hamilton made in the first half.

I'm a little biased in my pick, but I will say Pedroia, if he finishes strong. Who do you got?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It won't happen but as far as the Most VALUABLE Player it has to be Francisco Rodriguez. With 54 saves for the best team in baseball he is more valuable to his team than everyone else.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Carlos Quentin..

But as a White Sox fan, I'm biased...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well...

Quinten just got hurt, and looks to be Done the for the rest of the year...

So there go that...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yeah,

I heard about that yesterday

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can never remember a year when the Season awards have been so clouded...

Who is the AL MVP???
Josh Hamaltion?
Pedora?

The NL MVP?
No idea?

The NL Cy Young?
Mabe Brandon Webb?
Mabye Tim Lincicum?

Then there are the players who came to the NL during the season...

CC Sabathia... Could be the CY young...
Manny, couls be the NL MVP...

The only award that is going to be easy to vote for is the AL Cy Young...

It goes to Cliff Lee... No Doubt...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I would say that Cliff Lee is the only sure thing. But, what about K-Rod? He is going get some votes, specially if he breaks the save record.

I don't think Sabathia will get too many votes in the NL. MLB postseason award voters are very fickle. They like stats, and lots of them. A example is a few years ago when Barry Zito won the CY Young. Pedro Martinez was the best pitcher that season, but Zito had more innings and more wins.

Remember the voters are mostly writers, a lot of them are beat writers that don't watch every game. When they get their ballots they look at the stats on the paper.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
AL:
Although Hamilton was the first to cross my mind, I have to say Quentin and Pedroia are up there, too. I cannot decide on this one.

NL:
I want to say Chipper Jones, but Manny Ramirez has the spotlight, now. I vote Manny. He was the reason the Dodgers climbed back into the race with the D-Backs to clinch the NL-West.

Cy Young: I want SOO badly to say Timmy, but I have to vote Lee. The only reason the Indians were in the newspaper at all this season was because of his pitching-performance. WOW... just wow.

Rookie of The Year: Most people disagree with me on this one, but I've been saying Nate McLouth all season. This kid really made his mark in Pittsburgh and with Longoria's team making it to the playoffs, this kid was over-shadowed and over-looked. All season he held over a .300 batting average with a nice set of home-runs and RBI's to show for it. My vote: Nate McLouth, rookie of the year!

new topics

top topics

join