It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are we going and what the hell are we doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm going to do something that's a bit unusual for me on this website, and I'm going to post something that's a bit deep and a bit serious, but definitly from the heart.

Let me start by first telling you a bit about myself, because I think it may be important to help you guys relate to what I am saying.
My names Samuel. I am 16 years old. I live in North West London on a little estate behind a store, and I wonder. I wonder a lot about things and today I feel that I should share something I'm wondering about on here, because maybe you guys can help me out or something.

Basically, I don't feel right, and what I'm going to talk about now is related to my signature 'the biggest lie you can tell yourself is that 'when I get what I want I'm going to be happy'.

I am a fool for this. I lie to myself constantly. I like to think that I'm quite secure in my life, and that I'm intelligent and a good person, but these are lies. They're lies because I'm not seeing reality. I'm living in my own screwed up world and I don't know how to get out. I keep telling myself that all after I achieve 'this or that' or whatever I'm going to be happy, but of course it isn't true. I just want to be happy with what I am, what I have and everything that there is now, but I've built these false ideals in my head and they're hard to get rid of.

I think that's all I'm going to say about that now. Is there any help you guys could offer at all, coz I think I really just need a different perspective or something.

Admin Edit: removed personal details.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I would like yo acknowledge you for being honest and vulnerable with yourself and sharing this with others. It is a noble step, that I hope others will follow.

Thank you...

Also:

You are on the right track my friend... Being aware of the illusions.

Here is a quote to ponder...

It makes a difference whether we consider ourselves pawns in a game whose rules we call "reality" or as players in a game who know that the rules are "real" only to the extent that we have created or accepted them

~Paul Watzlawick,Richard Fisch, and John N. Weakland, Change

Don't answer these questions here... think about them though... answer them verbally to yourself to get them more into your consciousness.

Why do you lie to yourself?

What is the pay off of lying to yourself?

and

when are you going to start telling the truth?

[edit on 9/5/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Great reply eyes, as usual ..
PeaceUK...well done for the honesty, i am however a little concerned that you have given so much of you identity and where abouts..take care.

new topics

join