It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Wrong to think About It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay from two perspectives I will tell you my opinion. From the Christian perspective and the Atheist perspective. But I'm not an Atheist, but I know what you guys are saying and I respect that.

Now from the King James Version it is said that the Lord will drop by when he feels like it. I don't remember anything about him saying he'd appoint somebody to tell us this.

Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

So the time inbetween here spent on earth we'll never know when that's going to happen.

But cults and crackpots alike just love to tell the masses when the day of judgement is at hand. I'm sure a handful of people here agree with this reasoning. But so help me if I'm wrong about this, and if someones in good graces with the anti-christ, tell me about it.

But from the way the world's going right now and this is my general opinion. I wouldn't mind if armageddon to begin showing itself. I'm not talking about metaphors either.

But we're bound to wipe ourselves off the map one day. We'll be the next Atlantis or ancient civilization that managed to hold legendary status. I'm just starting to doubt what I'm hearing about 2012 too. What happens if it's another dud? Ya, know just like the Y2K bug? What if nothing happens at all?

All I'm trying to say at this point any real person wouldn't question the end of the world. Now if someone told me they predicted the months before 9/11 I think that's more believable.

But on what grounds is it truly necessary that we as humans should know the day we're all going to die? If I made a true prediction about something so vital. That you guys had to know, would you even believe me?

I'd appreciate it if anyone wants to point out my faulty logic. It just bugs me about doomsday cults, and people who think, they have the end, of the world figured out.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Agent_Ray]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You forgot to check the following verses after the one you quoted from 1Thessalonians....

1THESSALONIANS 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Also, how is it that the brethren will be in light, and not in darkness? .....

AMOS 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

[edit on 4/9/08 by doctorex]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

Appreciate the input doc...

Care to elaborate on your stance..? You mention Brethren, but I do not know if it was used by you to express brotherhood in General or brotherhood in Faith..

There are different contexts for both - so the question is worthy of notice...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

^^The Clue is "as". Implying the Lord come (**rising amongst humanly infact is the come) so with an image afixing that is a thief to the Lord. The image steals from the original (The Lord) come by making Him out something He is not. Making Him out whatsoever the foes would claim with their malicious lies and hatred.

Ask yourself if you've been struck by an image someone or somebody put over you to try to mask you (the original you) in the faces of others.

The Lord isnt the "as", but is against it first in a manly way, then in an unmanly ignoring type way to the image the "as" pertains to by foes. Those of you who buy the image been already damned before human birth. So think before you fall in line with what image givers are doing to ppl who are in the Lord and to the Lord Himself who is here now. Right under your nose.

Look to the anti-face value bible:

"Against (or: Fro) your bodies knew (or: guess) perfectly *this* the night (sleep) of the Lord so depart "as" ("a robber") out the day (wake).

^^Pay attention to how you read to know where puncuations that reveal any descriptions and any emphasises may go.

The Lord shall depart that "as" B.S. made by the foes. How? By detraction of divide and minus all from one another.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Remember the Son of man came "as" a man.

Meaning, took on that particular image only. Remember: "Let us make man in our image." The man image, took on, intentionally, is the made man. A made man is someone who is made to do things of surroundings for to feed an image. The image is an "our" because the Lord took on being enough levels of how humans are in this world's images. Like etc and etc. just so the Lord would be just as average or above average as a human may be, but done while under His deep sleep. Yes, the Lord put Himself so He wouldnt know Who He actual was while living human to a point though. At points the Lord awakens back to a higher level more and more till the final selected level He gets back into on the Wake tip.

Right now, you are awake, but still under a sleep level that keeps you away from a wake on a higher level of already knew everything about who you actually be. Trust!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex
You forgot to check the following verses after the one you quoted from 1Thessalonians....

1THESSALONIANS 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Also, how is it that the brethren will be in light, and not in darkness? .....

AMOS 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

[edit on 4/9/08 by doctorex]

Sorry about that, that's the only bit I got when I looked up the verse. I wasn't trying twist the words around to fit any agenda. Then I do forget about the holy spirit and the gifts it gives.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
One thing there were a surprisingly large amount of people who predicted the day of september eleven 2001. Off the top of my head the Webbot did and one of its creators, who sent numerous letters to the Gov't with no reply. Imagine asking a question in a class of 100 people, and everyone raises there hand screaming the answer, but only one of them are right, you'd never hear it being drowned out by all the other wrong answers. Its like that. Noone listens till after the fact.
And how can you talk as if an athiest when your a christian, I'm a christian turned athiest. So if you ever need an athiest perception just ask me anytime be glad to help.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You also left out the parts on Luke, Matthew and John when Jesus tells them his followers to be watchful for the end signs. Many will come and try to deceive, the mark, and etc. I am sure you can read it for yourself and find out.

new topics

top topics

join