It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain's $300,000 Outfit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh I agree totally. I think that if I had a point in any of that it simply was that I would have hoped that Mrs. McCain would have found out that the outfit was $300K, and then said "Oh that's obscene - I'm not wearing that."

I don't think the woman needs to shop at Wal-Mart by any means, but a little sensitivity to folks who aren't as well-off would have been nice.

There is an application written for the iPhone called "I am rich". All it does is flash a little red glowing gem on your phone's screen. It costs $1000 and it's sole purpose is so that people with money can show off how insignificant $1000 is to them. Kind of like in the old gangster movies when the big boss would light his cigar with a $100 bill. Cindy's outfit strikes much the same chord with me. There is no way any outfit could actually be worth $300,000 - it's just an in-your-face statement that "I'm richer than you", and it's offensive.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by total_slacker

Oh I agree totally. I think that if I had a point in any of that it simply was that I would have hoped that Mrs. McCain would have found out that the outfit was $300K, and then said "Oh that's obscene - I'm not wearing that."

I don't think the woman needs to shop at Wal-Mart by any means, but a little sensitivity to folks who aren't as well-off would have been nice.

There is an application written for the iPhone called "I am rich". All it does is flash a little red glowing gem on your phone's screen. It costs $1000 and it's sole purpose is so that people with money can show off how insignificant $1000 is to them. Kind of like in the old gangster movies when the big boss would light his cigar with a $100 bill. Cindy's outfit strikes much the same chord with me. There is no way any outfit could actually be worth $300,000 - it's just an in-your-face statement that "I'm richer than you", and it's offensive.

Yes but at least it's not as bad as the vanity plates in some oil rich arab countries. I think the last one with the number -------1-------- sold for like 65 million dollars....That is outrageous

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Dr Love
You know, I don't really blame her for the money she spends on clothes, I blame her for having horrible taste!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

**Badge01 has awarded Dr Love 1000 style points**

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Michelle obama dress

Michelle Obama's dress for hubbys acceptance speech was $1250.00

Not exactly cheap.

Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama both make a ton of money.

It's theirs to do with as they please.

In America we reward those who earn a lot by letting them spend it as they wish. It's capitalism at it's best.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600

This was the actual outfit. A $3,000 dress and supposedly a pair of $600 shoes. Considering that the magazine didn't know the name of the designer, I doubt they could actually know the cost of the shoes.

Her outfit was, allegedly, $3,600.

Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000

This is JEWLERY. The diamonds and pearls are most likely for investment and/ or heirlooms. They aren't part of the 'outfit'. They are worn WITh the outfit, but are not part of it. Accessories.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All you whiners are driving me crazy. So you all want to take a vow of poverty and join a commune, go for it. This is the land of opportunity, and if a person can't make enough money to be able to buy some nice things without you all crying foul, then I say go over to China and you can have all the government will give you, a bowl of rice a day and all the fun sweatshop work you can stomach.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama both make a ton of money.

And one of them went to Bangladesh and adopted a baby. The other didn't. Why aren't people talking about this little detail instead of her outfit?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
And .. Oprah's Mom is being sued for not paying her $130,000 bill for an outfit she got at a store in Wisconsin.

At least Cindy pays for her things.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Sounds suspiciously like a comment from someone who has never been to China. Overall the life of the average Chinese citizen, at least in the cities, is not so miserable as you imagine.

Perhaps you'd care to reexamine the facts and choose another developing nation to bash.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by total_slacker

It was mainly in reference to the communistic tendencies of the governing body, but you might think so if you could.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the how people like to gripe when they hear about how much fat cat CEO's earn on a yearly basis.

Whatever happened to the school of hard knocks?

Bottom line, if you want to make what a CEO earns, then get up off your arse and become a CEO.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you really want to feel good about it...

We paid for it... and we will pay for it again....

We should be disgusted that we do this, yes we do this...

The question is, how do we stop it. Are you happy you are paying for someone else to live better than you??????

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join