It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Iraq Also About Oil??? You Gotta Be Kidding! ($2.05 a gallon)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, if the secondary mission in Iraq was supposedly to take control of their oil fields, as so many people and countries have claimed, then why the hell am I paying $2.05 a gallon at the pump???

Oil main reason for Oil in Iraq

If the mission in Iraq was for oil,(secondary to the supposed 'WMD's' that are buried out in the desert somewhere), then we are doing a crappy job at it. To me, the war was wrong. But, as long as we're there, we might as well grab as much 'black gold' as possible!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
True. However, they aren't immediately going to say, "Oh, by the way. Since we just confiscated almost all of the world's oil, gas is now 25 cents a gallon. YAY!!!" It won't happen like that.

Give it time. Everything will return to normal in time.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Actually, I think a global perspective on the issue of the price of oil is in order.

1. Just about every "major" country in oil production has DECREASED exports here recently.

2. Unlike any other time in the history of the oil industry, the majors are NOT increasing exploration or remedial work during a high oil price period. Contrary, they seem to have cut back as if it were low price times.

I'm very perplexed at what is going on in the world right now concerning oil. Absolutely no one has claimed that the increased oil prices is due to "shortages", but at the same time the reduction of exports and the decrease in activity toward increased production seems to be almost a concerted effort to force a shortage.

It's a bit bizarre.

P.S. As far as the "war for oil" - BULL HOCKEY.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
the iraq war may not be for control of oil fields but , control of oil line delivery ways. here is a link about afganistan and the balkans
there are to may coincidences in the 'war on terror' to be coincidences any more.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I thought we'd been over this multiple times on this board. Oil currency, not oil itself was the reason. However, the war would have never taken place if Iraq had no oil in the first place.

I certainly suggest you read this essay regarding Iraq oil currency and the reason for war.

www.ratical.org...

If there is one way to prove the Iraq war was over oil (currency), its the fact that the U.S. switched Iraq's petroeuro pricing back to petrodollars. Since the dollar is declining, Iraq would make more money had they been able to keep their oil priced in euros. Which would have promoted the quicker rebuilding of Iraq and given more money to the people. I'm sure beyond any shadow of a doubt that any "democratic" government allowed for Iraq will not be able to switch their oil pricing back to petroeuros, despite it being better for the electorate.

Fact is that if you run a country with a giant trade deficit, a bad economy, and huge debt load, you are going to start to see a decline in the value of your currency. The United States is such a country. While we can handle debt load, we cannot handle a decreased value currency. The U.S. dollar runs the world and to have it slip would spell disaster. This war was a desperation ploy to stop the world from using euros to price oil as its the number one determining factor in the value of currency worldwide.

Your gas prices weren't even in consideration for the invasion. The U.S. knew going into this war that fighting an OPEC nation over an OPEC issue like oil currency would cause retaliatory shortages and price increases on gasoline. Its an acceptable loss when U.S. hegemony of the world is at stake.

Enjoy your $2.05 gallon gas price. Its only going to get more expensive.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by heelstone]

new topics

top topics

join