It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British soldier refused access to hotel cause hes a soldier.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by manson_322

And if they were to refuse you because you are Indian what would your reaction be?

don't worry that will be good news ...... with evidence , I could sue them for thousands of euros and make moolah

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

What a credit to your race you appear to be.

The majority of Indians or people of Indian origin I know would be disgusted with your disrespect shown to British servicemen, (many Indians have, and continue to, serve with great distinction in the British Armed Forces) and your willingness to exploit a situation for your own personal benefit.

You advocate willingness to use the law when suits then support breaking the law, (as Bud has clearly shown), when suits.

That's hypocrisy in my book.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Well said.

Most soldiers want to do good for their country, but find themselves under the control of evil men instead. It's important that people understand this, and don't bark up the wrong tree.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
And Manson shows up yet again to give another of his obtuse anti-western posts.It must get old carrying around all that hate all day long Manson.You are a perfect example of the hateful people the world needs to shake off. I'll bet if he was to get banned from this site for being Indian he would feel discriminated against...because he would not be able to spew forth his constant anti-western propaganda BS day in and day out.
What a joke.

This has to do with this soldiers country of origin discriminating him because of his job. Regardless of how you feel about current world events it should not be reflected upon the solders who come home to be with their friends and family.Attack the politicians that make the laws and policies not the everyday soldier that is doing what he was trained to do.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

By your definition then should we ban all Muslim people from hotels then.Because the radical Muslims that commit atrocities are in plain cloths and mix in with the general population. So since you can not tell the difference between a radical Muslim and a good hard working Muslim then we should ban them all from hotels then right?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ok here's the obvious question, and apologies go out now if someone did already bring this up, but WHY oh WHY did he show his military ID at a hotel ?

This doesn't make any sense unless this particular hotel was indeed a military-friendly place that offers a discount or such.
Due to the reception he received it certainly does not appear to be a hotel that offers any sort of discount for military personnel and family so again, I would love to know why he would offer up his military ID ? Why not his license ? passport ?

I'm sorry, as unnerved as I am at hearing this just like most of you, just seems like an avoidable incident to me.
I mean let's face it, it will probably happen, be smart or deal with it.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Probably because the majority of hotels do offer service men and women discounts on rooms.It was probably out of habit that he showed a military ID.
If the hotel did not want to have military personel not stay at their hotel then they should have put a sign up or advertised as such...oh but they wont do that because they know they will loose the majority of their customers.Like I said earlier... they would have no problem giving a room to the politicians that sent this guy to war....it is not the service men and womens fault for the failed policies.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Correction: British soldier refused access to hotel because the manager doesn't understand their policies on military personel staying in the hotel.

That's all that happened - the hotel has a policy stating no uniformed military personel can stay, which was common after the IRA started to attack uniformed soldiers. The manager obviously didn't realise that caveat. I'm pretty sure he does now.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You're right magicmushroom. It's "Not one", it's actually thousands of citizens from the US and UK, that have been killed serving their countries.

magicmushroom said:

"they do not deserve the respect of no one."

I totally agree with your double negative

StellarX said:

"Maybe now the soldier will get some idea of how it feels for British citizens to pay his salary and for him to ignore their wishes so completely?
Maybe this will give him some perspective as to why he should do what's right instead of what his told next time around?"

"he should do what's right". He is doing what's right. He is a soldier who has taken an oath to serve 'Queen and Country'.
He is serving his country and obeying orders. This is what a soldier does! Soldiers serve the military, which inturn serves government.

StellarX said:

"Once you can get past this type of nationalistic arrogance we may be enabled to discuss the 'facts' of this war as you seem to wish to defend them.....
They have held referendums and polls just this question and Iraqi's have voted overwhelmingly for soldiers to leave."

I am glad that you are big on "facts". Please show us this "referendum" you are referring to.

"There are plenty of countries that desperately need armed intervention to prevent mass starvation or further bloodshed; Iraq only required the lifting of the genocidal sanctions to recover from most of the hardships it's people were suffering."
On this point, I agree with you totally.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This kinda trash really p***es me off. I just recently got out of the USMC so I'm speaking from experience when I say you'd be surprised to see just how often this kinda stuff happens. Like not being able to buy a pack of smokes cause you pull out your military id, or not being able to get to work cause so group of jackasses are protesting out side of your base. Do you know how horrible it feels to walk down the street in your uniform and get called a baby killer by some punk who's willing to let you die to keep them free but wouldn't give you the time of day if you needed help?

We may not be in the middle east for the right reasons but thats no excuse to treat another human being with such disrespect especially if he's a service man.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Cap, by my defintition if Muslim fanatics make themselves know to others then yes they should be banned, but why are they fanatics in the first place, is it because the superior white men want to eradicate all none whites.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

It pisses me off that something like this happens. Soldiers who served their country are being disrespectful by the people at home who depend on them to protect them when they do not volunteer to do what they do.

Or is it possible that soldiers have the tendency to destroy property than non-combatants do at hotels?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's not about "serving" their country, in my opinion... anyone that joins the army or any similar cult is consciously making a decision to play god, by being responsible for taking lives... I choose to stand against that and so my soul is in peace. It's not because i'm scared, it's because i'm making a harder stand and changing the way the world is. This is my contribution... and i sure hope more would stand their grounds and stop all this war BS.... no one winds other then the minority in power!

ps. They're NOT "protecting" home, they are "invading" other countries. See the bigger picture, not some patriotic crap we have been fed by the media.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Jonny C, most of the service men and women fighting these wars are volunters so yes that do play an active role in being the puppets of corrupt regimes, they do it by choice no one made them kill innocent people, they did it and do it because they wanted to.

And don't give me that following orders crap, like what the Germans and all the other murderers who call themselves soldiers did. There is a big difference fighting for ones country when it has been invaded or its aliies but this is not the case in the ME. Its 2 illegal wars aided and abetted by all participants in mass murder and the destruction of said countries plus the exploitation of the natural wealth of these nations

No doubt these brave hero's will be killing innocent Iranians soon wont they, I'm sure you will be cheering them on as they decimate your fellow man. And not all Muslims are fanatics just as not all Americans or Brits fanatics either.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

ps. They're NOT "protecting" home, they are "invading" other countries. See the bigger picture, not some patriotic crap we have been fed by the media.

What do you think would happen if America did not have a standing military?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So being a white man and not in the military..what do you think would happen if say I was to go straight into the heart of Palestine and try and get a hotel room? I'll bet I would be refused simply because 1) I am white or2) I am an American.

If I could make it more than 5 minutes with out being kidnapped,beaten,and held for our government to remove all forces from blah,blah,blah...then have my head cut off.Yet this would probably happen even though I don't support our governments policies abroad. Funny thing is they will claim I am still an enemy because 1)I am a infidel and 2) I am a westerner.So would I deserve that because of western policies that you think supposedly created these radicals?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lodg, And just why does American need to spend trillions on war and weapons when no one has attacked it, have you asked yourself that. Whilst all that money and death is going on Americans are suffering in many ways yet do you think its fine that whilst the perps get rich on illegal wars thousands of Americans are losing their homes every day and tens of thousands are dying for it, meaning innocent Iraqi's and Afgani's.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I love how they can adamantly state that it is their policy to deny the guy a room because he's in the military and then when it gets some press it is referred to as "a mistake".
What is up with this whole making things up as you go garbage?

Not unlike the bobbies running around and harassing people with cameras in public(and even their own private property in some cases). And this is in a country where THEY can film YOU anywhere you go. Big brother indeed.
What's next? Soylent green?

It gets pretty absurd when you feel like you need approval from some authority figure to live your own life even if you are not affecting others in any way.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For those morons (and that is an attack) who think it is okay to treat soldiers like scum, let me pose this question.

What if the soldier this post was supposed to be about was wounded while saving the lives of civilians from a mob of extremist who beleieved they were helping the"infidels". Would you still try and justify your comments about him fighting for the military idustrial complex.

What if this soldier had just gotten into Afganistan and was wounded by his own people while defending civilians from being the victim of an illegal order. I guess he would still deserve to be treated with disdain just for the simple act of enlisting in the first place. Your "logic" is rediculous and your contempt of your own troops is unwarranted.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Good, They should ban all soldiers from everywhere. Then they might stop fighting with each other. The soldiers dont seem to realise, if they said NO to thier masters, there would be no war. I dont like military people much, the just seem hell bent on controlling every situation, much like the police do.
I feel the world is becomming more and more like a primary school play ground, with the bullies taking control.

I just dont understand how anyone can be nasty to anyone else.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

Man u guys just dont get it. STAY HOME AND STOP FIGHTING.

If the so called INFADELS come to your home state I will be the first to support you and stand by your side in a war. But if two planes are flown into 2 big building in your home town, and your not REALLY SURE who did it. I think you shoud not goto afganastan and start killing.

Here is a question for ya, Do you think more military have been hurt in the current conflict? or innocent young children?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join