It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The world is NOT going to end

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There seems to be a growing number of threads appearing, nearly all centreing on Nuclear war, the LHC,Niburu etc and prophecising the world will end soon. It wont.....

The simple fact is, hundreds if not thousands of people have predicted the apocolypse/ragnarok/revelations/nuclear holocaust/rapture etc within the last 2000 years. Not ONE has ever been right. Not ONE. We are still here and i expect us to be here for thousands of years to come. Hopefully by then we will have bloody grown up as a race, stopped all the senseless posturing, namecalling and religious ferver and will happily be spreading a human influence out to the stars.

Most of these fools claiming the end is nigh are either crackpots or con artists looking to milk a few quid from the gullible, the mentally unstable or the easily worried. If your religious, the bible suggests a code of ethics by which to live your life, its not 100% fact and it does not accurately predict the future. If your looking at nostradamus or similar, then its gibberish that can be twisted to match almost any event in the last 300 years. If its someone "channeling" info from venus or some such then its someone who has mental health issues and why listen to what they say? If someone told me they have voices in their head then i would suggest they need locking away from sharp pointy things, not believed and listened to.

I can almost feel the worry in some of the posts on here and its sad that peoples lifes are being affected by nonsense doom and gloom scaremongering. The world is not ending next wednesday. Its not ending in 2012. The only thing that matters in life is the most important passage from the whole bible, "do unto others as you would have done unto yourself" (not really religous so excuse any misquote) Relax, dont worry and just try to be nicer to people.

And if your that CONVINCED that the world is ending soon, sign your house over to me




posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite
 


It only takes one person to be right and BOOM goodbye life as we know it.

Do not be so hasty in your assumptions.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There is the world to come. So there is the world to leave, whether or not, you like it.

The world is you. The world is me. We each are our own world which can become different in a way.

So the next world to come you is not going to end, but the 'here and now' can end for another 'hereafter and then'.

Here = the planet, the universe with it's cosmos, and being with one another strangers to one another.

^^The here, in all it is to you, you can and shall detract yourself from.

Just my 6 cent.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Like any other Post requirements.... prove it. Yes.... it is highly unprobable that the world will end any time soon, but I am sick of how many threads pop up stating that it isn't the end of the world because there have been thousands of predictions and none of them came true.

Guess what.... it only takes one event coming true then it's all over. End of the world doesn't have second chances. People that bring end of world prediction onto ATS are usually debunked instantly and cause no harm. But the after affect is that people that actually have concerns on the topic can use this site to nullify their concerns.

As far as I'm concerned.... keep the scenarios coming. It's better to be open minded and prepared, than in denial that it's plausable. That and what would all the de-bunkers do with all the extra time??



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You must have to agree, the growing rhetoric between the US, Russia, Iran, Israel does not bode well. Big boys with big toys.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by expatwhite
 


It only takes one person to be right and BOOM goodbye life as we know it.

Do not be so hasty in your assumptions.


And you dont be so patronising eh?

And if one person is right and the world goes boom, who the hell will be here to care
"It only takes one person"
bet your a barrel of laughs at a party



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by airteck
Like any other Post requirements.... prove it. Yes.... it is highly unprobable that the world will end any time soon, but I am sick of how many threads pop up stating that it isn't the end of the world because there have been thousands of predictions and none of them came true.

Guess what.... it only takes one event coming true then it's all over. End of the world doesn't have second chances. People that bring end of world prediction onto ATS are usually debunked instantly and cause no harm. But the after affect is that people that actually have concerns on the topic can use this site to nullify their concerns.

As far as I'm concerned.... keep the scenarios coming. It's better to be open minded and prepared, than in denial that it's plausable. That and what would all the de-bunkers do with all the extra time??


You cant prove a negative
And if were still here next thurdsday i will take that as proof im right. If the world is destroyed next wednesday then i will hold my hand up and admit i made a mistake


i like the theories, they make me laugh but some people seem to be really concerned by current events and as i have said in a previous thread, i have lived through worse times with more worries than i have now



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite
 


My apologies, it was not meant to come across as patronising


I was only trying to make the point that yes, while the end of the world is unlikely to occur in many of the cases constantly conspired about here on ATS, it is not right to assume that they are totallly wrong either. That's where the "It only takes one person to be right" comes into it.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by expatwhite
 


My apologies, it was not meant to come across as patronising


I was only trying to make the point that yes, while the end of the world is unlikely to occur in many of the cases constantly conspired about here on ATS, it is not right to assume that they are totallly wrong either. That's where the "It only takes one person to be right" comes into it.


NP, probably me taking things the wrong way


I have a friend whos highly religeous and im very very worried about her as she seems convinced the end times are here. She wont even go out on a night as she wants to spend time with her cats whilst she can


Ive tried talking to her but its sadly no use



posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   



posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Now I am a believer in God and what really bothers me is that the religious people worry about the end make no sense. If they are truly where they need to be with their God or Gods, then what is their to worry
About all religions speak of a better place, and that earthly belongings mean nothing. The truth is if you are at one with you supreme being or beings you have nothing to worry about. So sit back, chill and watch the fire works. If it all ends tomorrow we will be alright. Even the atheist have no reason to worry if some thing that catastrophic is going to happen there is nothing we can do about. So peace, love and all that good stuff. Let’s just make the best of it while we are here.



posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As you stated, people have been saying the end is near for hundreds of years, but if your talking Biblical, the technology for all of the end times prophecies was not in place until recently...just my two cents...



posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
believe it or not, but those people who think the world is coming to an end are less stressed by the future than those who don't agree with it.
those who believe see an end to the story, while the rest can't see what is happening and stress about everything from the important to the trivial..

personally, I don't see the end of the world, yet don't feel the need to stress about anything, can't change the past, cant predict the future, the only thing I know is that I am here now, so what ever happens, happens whether I am here or not and worrying about it will not change it.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join