It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress is about to pour lighter fluid on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Congress is about to pour lighter fluid on Iran

www.startribune.com

The U.S. Congress may inadvertently lay the foundations for war against Iran when it reconvenes in Washington this month.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Two resolutions call for Bush to " increase the pressure on Iran to suspend its nuclear enrichment activities."

pd.startribune.com... U&siteIdType=2
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Achieving either goal would require a naval blockade -- a de facto act of war on the part of the United States, though paradoxically both resolutions explicitly exclude authorization for military action.

How on earth is that meant to be accomplished the way it is worded? Sit bloody fishing boats in the Gulf armed with slingshots saying in loud words "Thou shall not Pass". Or perhaps they plan to use harsh language....

"It is clear that despite carefully worded language in H. Con. Res. 362 that 'nothing in this resolution should be construed as an authorization of the use of force against Iran' that many Americans across the country continue to express real concerns that sections of this resolution will be interpreted by President Bush as 'a green light' to use force against Iran."

That's the scary part. It is worded in such a way that good 'ol Bushy-boy won't be able to make heads or tails of it. He'll simply look at the words 'dramatically' and 'nuclear' then set about his plan of turning Iran into a sheet of glass.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'd like to know why no one is demanding that the USA give up it's nuclear weapons capability. There is so much hypocrisy going on by the Bush administration. What gives them the right to tell Iran that they can't have nuclear power nor weapons, yet the USA has many nuclear power facilities and who knows how many nuclear warheads. And given the way Bush and his wonderful friends have approached foreign policy, it just shocks me that no countries are stepping forward and demanding an American nuclear disarmament.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I think Russia or China should take this job...

I actually agree with you on this..

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

That's a great idea - as long as Russia, China, and every other nuke possessing country give up theirs at the same time.

But of course that's not going to happen so it's all just rhetorical.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
H. CON. RES. 362 , the House version of the bill, has 261 cosponsors, more then half of all representatives in the House.

new topics

top topics

join