It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the Scientific minded ones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Please lets try and keep this civil

Some more questions (Assuming that some do believe there is a soul and that it may be seperate from the body)
Can you explain then how more and more souls come to be in the wombs?(babies born)
Is this energy forever bursting forth new souls or what ?If so for what purpose ?
Are souls being passed down through dna ?

I'll bite.

Again, my thoughts only. It also comes back down to energy. I do believe science has it right. All the energy that exists now existed a trillion years ago and will exist a trillion years from now.

So how do more souls come forth? Well, the scientific theory of dark matter ranges on the thoughts that it makes up upwards of 90% of all matter/energy. Meaning, the majority of the energy in this universe is invisible.

There is so much that 6 billion plus souls (not to mention the trillions upon trillions of other beings on this planet) would be but a drop in the bucket. Now multiply these numbers times the infinite possible other planets that can harbor life and you would STILL see that it is only a drop in the vast bucket of energy that is the universe.

If energy is God or, to be put in a better way, God is energy, then it has a limitless amount to pull from. Essentially, thoughts are energy waves and each time this God wants to it can call up a new soul. Also, the theory that energy cannot be created nor destroyed tells us that, if our soul does exist and it is made up of this energy, that we are eternal. Thus we can be reincarnated in new carbon based lifeforms.

Not saying I believe in that, just trying to explain, for arguments sake, what could be a reason for the ever increasing numbers of humans.

Are there souls in waiting? I'm sure. But who can honestly say? Not one single person. Why? Because it cannot be 'scientifically' proven.

Then again, in the late 1800's flight was considered physically impossible. That was 'scientifically' proven too.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat

Yes I can. With one word.

Evolution.

Okay, in other words, humans (or humanoids) from half a million years ago did not have 'minds'? Then again, I guess we must distinguish between the 'mind' and the 'brain'. They are two very different things.

Evolution gave us the advanced 'brain'. It developed more rapidly when ancient man began to eat meat. So there is the evolution.

The mind is something completely different. The mind is the energy produced from thought or consciousness. There is a great debate that the majority of animals do NOT have minds. Well, the extremists say that ALL animals are like this even though monkeys, dolphins and whales have shown obvious signs of intelligence and thought beyond instinct.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Has anyone of you scientific minds ever considered that it could be that both sides have partial truth ?

For instance we all know that there are Extremists on both sides (God verses the no God theories)

Organized religions are Extreme in their views and do not even consider that Science may be able to add the pieces they are missing.

And Scientists are Extreme in their views and do not even consider that the religious point of view may have the pieces to the puzzles that they are missing?

I believe that the real truth is found between the two somewhere .(Pieces to the puzzle need to come from both sides to get to the whole of matter)
And added up using a mathimatical equation it should come out as a whole right ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

And what, per sa, do you think my post was pointing to?

It's a marriage of the two that will open the biggest and most fascinating doors. I have been saying this for 20 years now.

The thing is, it is already happening. There are many scientists that are trying to combine certain aspects of religion into their science. Quantum physics is a VERY good example.

It is also the reason that some very prestigious universities actually have entire departments committed to the science of the soul as I stated before. They are merging the two together and trying to remove the 'extreme' bias from each side. That is what science should be all about. Having an open mind. Unfortunately what we find in science is that most have set thoughts on subjects. Especially if they had any input on the theories. They don't like to be proven wrong so it usually takes a generation or two for new theories to come forth. In essence, once the ego is removed from both I believe we will see the greatest advancements of mankind on 'this' planet.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok good ty darius

I guess I need to do some digging into the Quantum stuff.
So I understand it.
Even though its more than likely way over my 9th grade educated (I am a drop out)head lol
But I will try and read between the lines so I understand it somewhat anyway.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In regards to your question i would like to say that i know your looking for a logical scientific answer to your question but you need to understand that science deals with those things can be proven or disproven through the scientific method. Applying logic to something as abstract as the belief in in incorporeal spirit body or soul if you will makes no sense. It does make sense that your mind wants to logically understand the unexplainable. You are not the first person who with any higher reason hasn't tried to understand this and you wont be the last. It is our nature to want to understand all the mysteries of the universe. Just keep in mind that the idea and belief in a soul is a concept created by man. Not something that has been observed. If your a person of faith then you believe that we came to this knowledge through a higher power or being but even the existence of said higher power or being has yet to be proven or else we could extrapolate the "proof" of god as evidence that the proof of his existence must by exstension proove everything he claims as "real"
Examine the scientific method for a second and you will see that based on its criteria that scientifically the existence of the soul cannot be logically proven or understood in any scientific way since it cannot be observed.

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

So thats a lengthy explanation to answer your question as i see it. Now if i was as you stated in another post, going to explain it to a child then i would use MY idea of what a soul is based upon what i had been taught from previous people and what they believed. remember there are many cultures and faiths around the world with varying ideas of what the soul is and that journey can be a wonderful one to undertake to learn and understand the many beliefs out there in trying to understand what your immortal soul is if you believe in it. The main thing is this. Stop trying to understand with your mind what you need to believe and understand with your heart. You will either decide it is or it isnt. Be silent in your mind and you will find the answer to your question within.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My belief goes like this.

The entire universe is composed of energy. The universe, though currently expanding, is a closed system meaning energy never enters or leaves the system.

The famous equation, E=mc^2, says that the matter is energy and energy is matter.

The force (or power or being) that organizes energy into matter is God.

The soul is the portion of God that organizes the energy in each of our beings into matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join