It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the Scientific minded ones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Forget my views for a minute ok.And I am being serious here with this question.I am really trying hard to see where you Scientific minded ones are coming from .This is the logical me talking now .
Here is the question .
Can you explain to me as simple and as logical as possible where the souls of man came from?

I get that you think a big bang created the bodies of man .
I would just like to see what is your explanation of where the soul of man came from.

Mods if this isnt the place for this post I am sure you will let me know right

I didnt have a clue where to post a question like this.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
your soul is the energy that comes from the universe and embodies itself in you. It is your essence, your being.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

What you are going to find from any 'scientific' mind as an answer to this question is this:

There is NO scientific proof that a soul even exists so how can we know where it comes from. The soul is a religious/spiritual term, not a scientific one.

That's the answer you are more than likely to get. Even though one of the greatest scientific minds, Einstein, seemed to believe in the existence of the soul.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
why bother asking a scientist a spirtual question? you might as well ask a dog how to make coffee.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Ok good answers thank you

And with that I have another question then
Where did that energy come from (from your point of view)

I am trying to think logically here.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
energy was created in the big bang, or rather released.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

You are not on the wrong path.
Ask questions of everything and everyone.
Be aware of the smallest details.
And open every available door.
Then stop everything.

Enlightenment!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The universe is made of two distinct properties. Matter and energy. From this all the other laws of nature exist such as space, time, thermodynamics, gravity etc. There is a third force above both of these and that is "spirit". Spirit is in the universe but not the universe, and is not subject to the laws of the universe. The "Spirit" is intelligent and powerful, and willfull. We as humans and all life for that matter is made from matter and energy. If either of these is taken away the existence of the creature ceases to be. The third part of the creature is the "life force" or the "soul".
This life force gives intelligence and purpose to the creature so that the creature is then made of matter, energy, and spirit. The Spirit has complete dominance over matter and energy and existed before it's creation and will do so after it's existence. Our soul comes from the Spirit. We live and move in the universe. We sense the physical and need to consume energy, but we are much more than just that. We dream. We create. We desire.

Genesis:

"..and the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The life force that persists on and on and on is my soul and is what I worship. The ever evolving lifeforce is the spirit of us all. Life creates itself. It's amazing to be alive and conscious of being alive.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So let me get this straight

That energy has personality,intelligence etc ?
Where did that come from ?
Who gave that energy the knowledge ?

Please try to keep your answers as simply put as possible
I am not familar with the scientific words .
Thank you

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Can you explain to me as simple and as logical as possible where the souls of man came from?

As simply as I can understand it, the 'soul' is the abstract expression of the sum of whole which is greater than the sum of the parts

[edit on 4-9-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
LOL thats way over my head .

Just pretend that I am a child and your explaining it to them.Please
(I am really simple minded ) which is why I chose my nickname Simply
the noone part stems from me thinking I am really an insignificant person on this planet.

I am trying to wrap my mind around all of these Scientific explanations from your views.
To see if it makes sense to my logical thinking side .(I am trying to leave out my religious point of view just to see your points of view)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Ok good answers thank you

And with that I have another question then
Where did that energy come from (from your point of view)

I am trying to think logically here.

Well, it was already there. It simply resided in other forms of 'energy'. Most likely 'dark' matter and so on.

If you want my take on the soul (or God) and this energy well, this is a completely 'unscientific' answer and thus off topic.

Many ask, where did God come from. The typical answer that the established religions give you is that God has always been and always will be. Well, talk about a cop out.

My 'unscientific' take on God is that God IS this energy. The energy that connects everything in this universe along with everything in every other infinite number of universes. Both light and dark matter. In other words, both visible and invisible.

God always was because this energy, in whatever form it resided in has always been. Creation comes from conscious thought. This energy, at one point, simply became aware and thus the big 'I AM' moment or, what I'm sure is described as the 'big bang'.

Then again, I could be so off course on this that I'm simply wasting my own and your time by putting it down in words. Because when we break it all down, it simply is my own opinion.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
[Well, it was already there. It simply resided in other forms of 'energy'. Most likely 'dark' matter and so on.]

[Many ask, where did God come from. The typical answer that the established religions give you is that God has always been and always will be. Well, talk about a cop out. ]

You just said in the first sentence that you believe energy was always there
Then you said in the next sentence that it is a cop out to believe that God is and has been always there .
Isnt it also a cop out then to believe that energy is always there ?

Do you believe that God could be that energy ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

[Well, it was already there. It simply resided in other forms of 'energy'. Most likely 'dark' matter and so on.]

[Many ask, where did God come from. The typical answer that the established religions give you is that God has always been and always will be. Well, talk about a cop out. ]

You just said in the first sentence that you believe energy was always there
Then you said in the next sentence that it is a cop out to believe that God is and has been always there .
Isnt it also a cop out then to believe that energy is always there ?

Do you believe that God could be that energy ?

Yes, but their definition of God is that GOD has always BEEN. In other words, always how it is today. Which means there was no growing period. No learning. No development at all. It was all knowing all at once from before all existence. That's how the religions describe God.

I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. I hope you can see the distinct difference between what I have stated on where God or the 'soul' came from and how it developed.

*Edit to add*

Yes, as I stated, God IS that energy. The energy that has always existed in one form or the other. The only difference, as I also tried to explain, is that IT became aware and thus the big bang or the 'I AM' moment.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No one has got a soul.

It is a man made concept. A fabrication. Just like religion.

We all have a mind instead. It is made from neutrons and electricity.

Some of us choose to use our minds in a constructive way. Logically.

Others prefer to invoke supernatural hookum and hysteria to explain that which they cannot, or refuse to, understand.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrat

I predicted this would be the 'scientific' answer. Because seriously, there is no way to refute it as of yet. There are multiple universities that have departments dedicated to scientifically proving or disproving the soul. No results yet other than they cannot prove it exists. Period. That is the 'scientific' proof.

Since the OPs question could NOT have been answered scientifically other than the quick "no, it does not exist", I chose to try and open it up to conjecture.

Because when we come down to it, we are either not at the technological advancement yet to breach the 'supernatural hookum' or there simply is nothing to it.

But we must also take into consideration many of the great minds of science in our past. Quite a few of them believed in the existence of a soul. We cannot completely discount it. All we can say right now is that it is not proven to exist.

Calling people names will get this discussion nowhere fast.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Please lets try and keep this civil

Some more questions (Assuming that some do believe there is a soul and that it may be seperate from the body)
Can you explain then how more and more souls come to be in the wombs?(babies born)
Is this energy forever bursting forth new souls or what ?If so for what purpose ?
Are souls being passed down through dna ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
[We all have a mind instead. It is made from neutrons and electricity.]

Could you explain how you came to have a mind ?
Explain please how neutrons and electricity can think and rationalize etc without someone or something being the director of it ?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

[We all have a mind instead. It is made from neutrons and electricity.]

Could you explain how you came to have a mind ?
Explain please how neutrons and electricity can think and rationalize etc without someone or something being the director of it ?

Yes I can. With one word.

Evolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join