It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's not his job to force himself on his brother.

You’re right - it’s not his job. But apparently, Obama is all for using the Global Poverty Act to make it our job and “force” all of us to pay for his brother! It’s just that he doesn’t want to force his own hand into his own wallet to do so. What a great guy!

And by the way, Barack Obama has offered to help his half-brother…

Great. That’s like saying, “I stopped beating my wife…right after I got arrested for it”. What a noble soul, that only when exposed to shame, only then repents it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
You’re right - it’s not his job. But apparently, Obama is all for using the Global Poverty Act to make it our job and “force” all of us to pay for his brother!

So, you can shame Obama for not taking care of his brother, but you sure as hell don't want to do it... ? Okay...

I wonder what will Palin and McCain make us pay for?

What a noble soul, that only when exposed to shame, only then repents it.

No. he offered to help him many years ago. His brother hasn't taken him up on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So, you can shame Obama for not taking care of his brother, but you sure as hell don't want to do it... ? Okay...

Yes I can - because he’s not my brother! NO member of my immediate family lives in poverty or is homeless. Furthermore, I have allowed both my Mother and my Grandmother and my Aunt to live with me at various times when they couldn’t afford to survive independently. Furthermore, I have provided monetary aid to them and other members of my family to the extent that I could. But I don’t see where or why I should be forced through taxation to pay for someone else’s family. Why always with the collective guilt? I never had anything to do with Obama’s brother. What do I owe him at all?

I wonder what will Palin and McCain make us pay for?

God only knows. My only hope is that it’s not too much - whatever it is. Doesn’t mean I approve of their spending either. I am specifically attacking the connection between the GPA and Obama’s alleged disinterest in his brother’s welfare.

No. he offered to help him many years ago. His brother hasn't taken him up on it.

Is that what Obama claims or what his brother states? If you could provide something that shows his brother did refuse aid then I’ll gladly give you the point for that serve.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

He talked about it in his book. Here's a link

Like I have said 100 times: I didn't decide to vote for Obama until I did my own research. Everyone should do their own research and decide.

Can we get back to the topic now? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama! I'm thankful they got her! Now we can go forth and have a really exciting election!

Me too!

What I really am starting to love about this election is that it's turning into clear referendum on which direction the country will go. The choices are clear, and the people will speak.

AND... what's sort of cool is that Obama is 47 and Palin is 44. I'm guessing no matter what happens both will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I don't agree with either 100%, but I'm thankful we have two people who are leaders and represent their "sides" well.

God bless Barack Obama.
God bless Sarah Palin.

What each has that most lack is passion.

They differ entirely in their views, but they epitomize what makes this country great. Same with Biden and McCain.

Two of the above will be in office in a few months. Whoever it is, their story will be inspiring and extraordinary.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
jamie, that's the first time I've ever given you a star. Outstanding post!
I'm extremely impressed.

Originally posted by jamie83
The choices are clear, and the people will speak.

Yes! And that's what an election is about.

John McCain is speaking right now. I listened for a while, but where Palin and Obama are both great speakers, I found myself thinking, If John McCain does win, I hope he doesn't give too many speeches. He's a good guy, but I can barely get through a speech of his.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I can't blame you for trying to smear Obama.

WRONG. I responded to your husbands statements about him.
I responded with facts - in direct response - Not smear.

Nice try though.

it takes a bit of an open mind to see it objectively - backatchya.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

This is all I think of when I see her. Well, her and Tina Fey from SNL. I hope they bring her back she'd be a riot.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama! I'm thankful they got her! Now we can go forth and have a really exciting election!

Me too!

What I really am starting to love about this election is that it's turning into clear referendum on which direction the country will go. The choices are clear, and the people will speak.

AND... what's sort of cool is that Obama is 47 and Palin is 44. I'm guessing no matter what happens both will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I don't agree with either 100%, but I'm thankful we have two people who are leaders and represent their "sides" well.

God bless Barack Obama.
God bless Sarah Palin.

What each has that most lack is passion.

They differ entirely in their views, but they epitomize what makes this country great. Same with Biden and McCain.

Two of the above will be in office in a few months. Whoever it is, their story will be inspiring and extraordinary.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jamie83]

I agree with BH and you!

star from me as well

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama!"

in a way, yeah... but she exceeds this obama character in so many important ways...

for instance, her leadership experience towers over his, and she's only the vp nom!

ha ha ha!

do you find libs as entertaining as i do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join