It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But you're tying popularity to success as if they were the same thing. While it's true that popularity is one measure of success it's not the end all marker.

No no! That I agree with you completely.
I was just answering the question "from who's point of view?".
But they/we are the ones voting so I believe that's a valid though not comforting response.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is America's Margaret Thatcher.

Her speech was pure Thatcherite in the way she swept away her critics and dealt with the media. Prime Minister Thatcher was famous for the ability to repress all criticism from the media - Maggie dealt very well with the anti-female smear against her. Mrs Palin governs in a similar method: tearing up the norm and governing in her way.

From listening to her speech, you wouldn't argue or disagree with Palin. Biden is in danger of underestimating her and could be in for a surprise at the debate.

Has Palin been reading up on Thatcher? Most likely.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

This is what makes the McCain/Palin ticket stronger. Instead of having two Senators, it's a Senator and a Governor. It's no secret that Governors are better equipped to be President. Everyone knows it. Just look at history.

Holy s*&t dbates! Have the Palin supporters gone so rabid that they are now claiming that Palin is "better equiped" to be president than McCain.

This is getting crazy desperate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

She's not MY Margaret Thatcher!

But you do have a good point. A very sound strategy.

So, you think she's the GOP's Margaret Thatcher instead of the GOP's Obama?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thatcher?

Terrific, we're off to invade Tristan da Cunha then.

Pack you sweaters.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Obama and Palin aren't the first politicians to have "celebrity", but they have both honed it to an art! Congratulations, USA! The presidential and VP candidates just might join the popularity of Paris Hilton and American Idol!

Celebrity Media Hits the Trail

Gov. Palin's only major interview since joining the Republican ticket so far went to People magazine, which accompanied the candidate and her family backstage at the Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio, on the day of the announcement. The magazine noted her "ruby-red peep toe platform heels that showed off a pink, French-style pedicure." It asked whether Gov. Palin's husband would become a "full-time Mr. Mom." People had eased the way for its exclusive by sending a team to Alaska a month before to do a piece on how the governor juggles career and family.
This year isn't the first time politicians have taken advantage of the softer side of the press.

"Four years ago, we were in the White House with Laura Bush, doing an interview. The Bushes quickly saw the value of a celebrity newsmagazine in an election year," said Linda Bell Blue, the executive producer of CBS'"Entertainment Tonight" and "The Insider." "We were doing a story on the dog."

And whoever loses might just start their own Reality TV show!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
"She's their Goddess", her critics say.

Actually, the only person I have heard that term from is YOU.

Not on TV. Not in the news. Not on the radio. Not in the papers.
Not on the internet. Not in chat rooms. Not at chat sites.

Just you.

And it's not catching on, no matter how much you wish it would.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

History seems to indicate that this might be true. I think she has the potential, but needs a little bit more seasoning. Being the V.P. is just that. Did you notice in her speech last night that she said McCain is what we needed for the next 4 years. Read into it what you want, but the possibility is there.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have seen it here on ATS and other places. Google it.

Sarah Palin: Sex Goddess
Sarah Palin is a Goddess
Is Sarah Palin a Goddess or What?

I can't remember ever being so excited and inspired by a political speech!

Sound familiar? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just making a comparison. An observation.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I have seen it here on ATS and other places. Google it.

You quickly did a google and came up with three obscure sites
in order to back up your claim of this -

"She's their Goddess", her critics say. "

That's not even remotely the same as the cult following of
Obama. She doesn't get the halo treatment. She gets the
sexist treatment.

Sorry, but you ran it up the flag pole and no one is saluting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
The fact is, Obama has a shady past and lots of shady friends.

I keep seeing this claim, with no evidence to back it up. All I ever see is the same tired names, over and over... Ayers, Rezko and Wright.

Ayers was a member of The Weathermen, a rather nasty group from the 60's, but he is clearly no longer a fugitive (if indeed he ever was), as he is a professor and anyone that wants him can find him. Obama's "link" to him is VERY tenuous, and I've seen no evidence that Ayers has any current 'terrist' leanings, nor that Obama is particularly influenced by Ayers' past such.

As far as I can tell, this is a non-issue that keeps coming up as a distraction and is thus another Obamyth and can be safely ignored.

And Rezko? Yeah, he's been convicted of some crimes... so what? Is there any documented evidence that Obama's interactions with him were in any way criminal? Yeah, they did some real estate deals together... were those deals in any way illegal?

So, pending credible evidence that Obama's property deal with Rezko was illegal, another Obamyth to be ignored.

As far as Wright goes, having seen the infamous videos myself, I think he is a somewhat angry man, and given his generation, color and background, understandably so. He's a bit of a clown, IMO, and I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with him, but that hardly means much.

And because Obama went to this guy's church and may adhere to some or many of his philosophies does not mean he (Obama) adheres to or is influenced by all of them. Hell, I am diametrically opposed to some of the philosophies of my own father, who raised me. People make their own judgments. And I have seen no credible evidence that Obama is a racist.

So, another Obamyth. Ignore.

So, to bring all this jibber-jabber around to the topic here (sorry for the digression, BH!
), Palin has some questionable items in her background as well. Quite possibly, just as much nothing as Obama's.

The point is, these people are both celebrities in today's cultural climate and are being served with the best and worst that that status brings.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So, you think she's the GOP's Margaret Thatcher instead of the GOP's Obama?

Yes and Obama is frighteningly similar to Tony Blair before he was elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Style, policy, arrogance and the ability to charm anyone.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That's not even remotely the same as the cult following of
Obama. She doesn't get the halo treatment. She gets the
sexist treatment.

Is it really all that different? Obama got the Muslim treatment. Not to mention other treatments. And give it time. She is the GOP's sweetheart. She's going to get the halo treatment!

Some press is going to be bad and some good, but people will stand and defend her no matter the questionable associations of her past. She's under investigation for abuse of power, but according to her "followers", she can do no wrong.

I understand you can't see the similarities, but it takes a bit of an open mind to see it objectively.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

according to her "followers", she can do no wrong.

She doens't have 'followers'. You are confusing her with Obama.

I understand you can't see the similarities, but it takes a bit of an open mind to see it objectively.

I see objectively just fine.
Can you ??? -

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
All I ever see is the same tired names, over and over... Ayers, Rezko and Wright.

They aren’t ‘tired names’. They are the shady, and/or criminal, friends and associates.

Ayers was a member of The Weathermen, a rather nasty group from the 60's,

“I didn’t do enough” Ayers regrets not bombing and killing more innocent people.

he is clearly no longer a fugitive (if indeed he ever was),

His police photo

and -

Bernardine Dohrn is the wife of Bill Ayers and friend to Obama – 10 Most Wanted by the FBI poster. Scroll down to see the FBI Wanted poster for Ayers as well. He was DEFINITELY a fugitive.

Ayers bombed the Pentagon and set off 30 other bombs against Americas defense and infrastructure.

- Leader of the 1960s and 70s domestic terrorist group Weatherman
- "Kill all the rich people. ... Bring the revolution home. Kill your parents."
- Participated in the bombings of New York City Police Headquarters in 1970, of the Capitol building in 1971, and the Pentagon in 1972

Obama's "link" to him is VERY tenuous,

It’s a LINK – no little quotations needed around the word.
They worked together. They lived near each other.
They recreated together.
Ayers hosted the kick off for Obama for the State Senate – at Ayers home.
Ayers contributed to the campaign.
They definitely ‘discussed ideas’ even though Obama lied and said they didn’t.

And Rezko? Yeah, he's been convicted of some crimes... so what?

You are kidding, right? So when Cheney has friends and business associates that are convicted of crimes we can all sit here and say ‘so what?’

So, pending credible evidence that Obama's property deal with Rezko was illegal, another Obamyth to be ignored.

Is that you BH? Making up another phrase hoping it will catch on?
Or is Open_Minded Skeptic more like you then we thought?

Recently unsealed court documents article taken from the Chicago-Sun Times – link to original Sun Times article provided at the site. Obama heavily embroiled in REZKO case.

More to Rezko and Obama relationship then just a land deal. And if everything was on the up and up, then Obama wouldn’t be saying that it was a ‘boneheaded’ thing to be involved with Rezko since 1990. REZKO also has ties to Iraq. Read the Obama friends thread.

Some of the REZKO/Obama bagman donations

Sun-Times writer with more information on the connection and how deep it goes into the political machine in Chicago.

FANTASTIC article detailing the Obama/Rezko/Auchi connection. Iraqi Nadhmi Auchi is an international illegal arms dealer and was one of Saddam Husseins principal financial intermediaries in the West. He’s also the largest stakeholder in BNP Paribas, the SOLE bank managing the UN Oil-for-food program in Iraq. He loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before the day the sale of the house and lot closed in June 2005. In April 2004, Auchi attended a dinner party in his honor at Rezko's Chicago home. Barack Obama also attended. Obama initiated a raised glass toast to Auchi.

IF Obama is not elected, then perhaps the truth may come out. If he is elected (and I think he will be) then his Chicago-Mob Politician training will come in handy to cover this up.

Rezko Watch

As far as Wright goes, … Obama went to this guy's church and may adhere to some or many of his philosophies does not mean he (Obama) adheres to or is influenced by all of them.

Read and learn
‘by ALL of them’. How political.
- He was influenced ENOUGH to name his book after Wright’s speech.
- He was influenced ENOUGH to stay and listen to the crap that spewed from the pulpit.
- He was influenced ENOUGH to stay for 20 years and not get up and leave when the racist bigotry and anti-Americanism garbage was spewed.

I have seen no credible evidence that Obama is a racist.

There has been plenty of ‘credible evidence’. You just don’t WANT to see it.

Obama’s friends - read and learn Open_Minded Skeptic. (or BH)

TYRING TO EDIT LINKS - be patient

[edit on 9/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 9/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Speaking of the Halo treatment:

Sarah Palin... An Angel from Heaven

Sarah Palin, the new Republican vice-presidential candidate, almost seems like an “angel sent down from Heaven,” especially when compared to the Democratic candidate Barack Obama, who in my opinion, is a tool of the devil.

Conservatives HYPED over Palin (I'm sure we've all seen that word used about Obama.)

They erupted at every mention of her name before she took the stage. And they gave her a thunderous welcome when she emerged.
"An outstanding choice," praised Focus on the Family founder James Dobson.
"Grand slam home run," gushed former presidential candidate Gary Bauer.
"Ecstatic," said Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention.
And, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch added, "I had tears in my eyes."

You know Chris Matthews is going to talk about "thrills going up his legs" about her any moment.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
HA! Forgot one - Khalid al-Mansour . Obama buddy and top advisor to billionaire Saudis.

When Govenor Palin has tea with Khalid al-Mansour, and has political kick-off events with Weather Underground terrorists, and raises a toast to Saddam Hussiens Oil-For-Food money thief, then we can discuss her being the GOP version of Obama.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I can't blame you for trying to smear Obama. People are continuing to try to smear Palin, too. You help prove my point. Fierce defense of the "golden girl" by attacking the "golden boy".

It's all so perfect!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow BH ...That Youtube video "is no longer available". That was fast!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
While both Obama and Palin have their adoring fans, there is a difference.

Obama needed a fawning media. Obama needed people like Oprah to hype him up. Obama is a creation of the media and democrat elite. Obama has done nothing but vote along with his party.

Palin on the other hands wins it with her supporters because she seems genuine. Palin got no halo's, Time covers, or crying rappers. Palin has a record of doing what she thinks is in the interest of those that she governs. She is a leader and she deserves the fanfare for it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Interestingly, the media had NO EFFECT on my opinion of Obama. I thought it was all a little stupid. It wasn't until I started doing my OWN research on him, read his books, etc that I "fell" for him.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not sure what you say is true, I didn't even know Oprah supported him until after I did. Not that her support would influence me one way or the other.

The only person that "hyped" Obama to me is me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join