It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is going to end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have been on ATS (which I love) for sometime and I have recently discovered that everyone seems to think that the world is going to end at some point near 2012 or heck even in September. I haven't seen this much doomsday talk in a very long time. Personally if I constantly worried that the world was going to end, the NWO will take control tomorrow, giant asteroids falling to earth, ManBearPig being used by Iran to invade the US, blalala I can go on and on but I would probably be extremely depressed. Now I don't consider myself a pure skeptic but some stuff just sounds silly. All I know is that if the world is going to end I am going out balls to the wall, guns blazing, explosions everywhere, ect.

But why is it that when a single person says something is going to happen everyone rides the bandwagon but when it passes nothing happens? Take example the Matrix movies. They were good movies but apparently a lot of people believe that we in the Matrix. Sure...beacuse some creative writers came up with a decent script everyone believes this? I remember back in 04 there was a giant thread on here about some Australian astronomer guy who thought a asteroid was going to hit the earth a year or two later. I enjoyed the findings and it made me think but it never happened. If someone presented findings about ManBearPig invading the US I am sure that everyone would ride the bandwagon

If this is in the wrong place then someone could move it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
No, not everyone things the world is going to end in 2012. I doubt even the majority of users here on ATS believe that. Those that do believe it are a small minority that have no evidence that it will in fact happen.

How many times have we heard over the last 100 years that the world was going to end on such and such a date? Plenty. The fact that we are here still alive should tell you something.

The world will end one day, but not for a long long long time. Long after you or I are gone.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
When it ends, we will be gone. And if it is by a giant asteroid, planet (Niburu), or even the dreaded manbearpig (who is half man, half bear, and half pig) we won't be able to change it, so as for my input, I think we have invented the idea that we only have limited time to get ourselves right (spiritually) to kind of stick a cattle prod on the bum to be better. After all, if you believed it would all end tomorrow, wouldn't you do a little praying today? Enjoy life as it is short.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This world needs to end. or atleast remodeled. The avrage human is just too evil. the masses and a ordinary civy here in America that is...OR this generation of kids/people.They lol at anyone in pain...wether it be mental or Physical...they have partys over others pain! they kill/harm/w/e just for fun. this seems its not gonig to change.....and it probley never will. just a matter of time before we kill eachother. Suicides and crimes are at a all time high. will keep rasing. not many seem to care....they onley seem to care what the mainstrem masses thinks of them......if the main stream thinks death is funny as hell! then so will thos who follow. and thats about everyone...need to remold this place to make it liveable again

new topics

top topics

join