It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Pleadges Measured Response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Putin pledges measured response to NATO warships in Black Sea

en.rian.ru...

MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti) - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday Russia will respond calmly to the presence of NATO warships in the Black Sea

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If Putin plans a measured response what exactly does that mean?

As many of my fellow members know this is not a forum I normally visit, yet reading a StevenQualyle thread this morning I discovered this piece and am very concerned about the wordage.

Are we heading towards WWIII? Will it be with Russia over the Black Sea and NATO?

Could someone please explain this to me? And just how serious is this situation to become, as I do not see US and NATO leaving do to this threat or promise.

I thank you in advance.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

NATO continues to build up naval presence in Black Sea

en.rian.ru...

Russian warships arrive in Abkhazia
en.rian.ru...

This is going to get very nasty I think.

www.cnn.com...

We don't understand what American ships are doing on the Georgian shores, but this is a question of taste, it's a decision by our American colleagues," agencies reported Putin as saying.

"The second question is why the humanitarian aid is being delivered on naval vessels armed with the newest rocket systems."

Earlier Tuesday Russian officials criticized the European Union for threatening to postpone talks on a new political and economic partnership deal.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by antar]

join