It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Wolf Bounty Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Defenders of Wildlife Asks Judge to Shut Down Palin's Wolf Bounty Program

Bounty Law Repealed in 1984 – Alaska Does Not Have Regulatory Authority to Impose New Incentives

Anchorage, AK -- Today Defenders of Wildlife, the Alaska Wildlife Alliance and the Alaska Chapter of the Sierra Club asked the Alaska Superior Court to shut down Governor Palin's $150-per-wolf bounty program citing the fact that Alaska's bounty laws were repealed in 1984 and the State has no current legal authority to implement the bounties.

"The Governor is overstepping her legal authority by offering cash payments for each wolf killed by aerial gunners," stated Tom Banks, Defenders of Wildlife's Alaska Associate. "That's a bounty by anyone's standards regardless of what they call it."

Wolf Bounty Program

[edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

Love the topic, it is near and dear to my heart.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Palin's track record in the animal rights community leaves alot to be desired.

I hear alot of talk about how "tough" this woman is and how "beautiful" she is. Well, I offer an alternative opinion in that I think the only part of her that is "tough" is her heart and that the "beautiful" parts of her are only skin deep.

I believe you can tell alot about people by their connection with nature and their relationship with animals. This woman has a track record that is less than stellar when it comes to animals. Please do yourself a favor and goole "Palin animal rights" if you would like more information on what she's been involved in.

Wolves are one of the most beautiful and family oriented creatures on the planet in my opinion and I cherish and adore them as a species. I can't, in all good conscience, vote for someone as cold-hearted as this person in regards to such wonderful creatures.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

My apologies my friend, I did a search but did not realize this was already being discussed.

This place still confuses me... tis why I spend most of my time reading and not posting. This is an issue I feel strongly about however. Would a MOD be so kind as to merge my thoughts posted here into the existing thread?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

You are absolutely correct.
Heart of Darkness comes to mind.
Wolves are the most dignified of species but all the others should be safe from us as well.
Read the thread I included and please join us. A lot of people agree with you.
Or I can just sit here and talk wolf all day.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join