It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are we all going to die next Wednesday?

page: 9
8
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is the dawn of a new age. The problem is that the new age people expect is instant and immediate, which is just never the case when it comes to the natural order of things. September 10th is the day they start manufacturing black holes a cosmic footstep from my front door: that's all the information I need to know I live in an incredible new frontier.

Yeeeeeeehaw! Just kidding. Cowboys make me sick.




posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It could be the classic cried wolf scenario too. We don't believe because they have told us so many lies and BANG it happens and no one actually believes what's happening. Personally im not listening to this nonsense and getting on with my life, or at least the short period of time i have left...



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
one more day, then...



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is the benefit to being a naysayer:

1.) If you're right, you get to say "See? I told you so!" *puff puff* "How smart I am"

2.) If you're wrong, it won't matter anymore.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is there really any point in asking that question?
nothing I or you say or do will change anything...
If we die we die,if not so be it.


Spike

ps:sends waves of fear down peoples backs for nothing.



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have no control over what happens so I will just think positively...
Maybe this is like that Star Trek Next Generation movie when Earth finally get's knowledge of the Galaxy Federation because they hit warp speed.
If you believe in that kind of stuff this could be one of those steps to becoming a 1 planet.
I am not an expert nor do I have any idea what I am talking about, it just reminded me of the movie.
"That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind"
Neil Armstrong



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Is there really any point in asking that question?
nothing I or you say or do will change anything...
If we die we die,if not so be it.

Spike

ps:sends waves of fear down peoples backs for nothing.


Great picture from a great series...even sounds like Spike talking too. There is however, a concern for many of us as to what happens after we die. It's that which is feared and covered by many, not necessarily the brief moment of dying itself. If that fear motivates someone to do something about it, to come to terms with her/his Creator, then perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing after all. Personally, I'd prefer people come to know God out of love for Him, rather than fear for oneself, but if the end result is the same, who am I to fault it?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
All I can say is that the world would be a much better place if people were as concerned with what happened now rather than after they're dead.



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
All I can say is that the world would be a much better place if people were as concerned with what happened now rather than after they're dead.


The one affects the other. If you cease to exist when you die, then now doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the universe and infinity. If what you do now affects what happens afterwards, then surely we'd treat now with a lot more care and attention.

P.S. I like your signature line

[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

If you cease to exist when you die, then now doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the universe and infinity. If what you do now affects what happens afterwards, then surely we'd treat now with a lot more care and attention.


[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]


I feel that if one ceases to exist when one dies (which is what I believe, to be up front) then the now is all we have and thus it matters immensely....to us. I agree that we don't have any great impact on the Universe, thus all we have to go on is here, now (though I'm not a Lobsang Rampa fan, I will appropriate his words!).
I feel too many are concerned with the (imaginary or not) 'afterlife', when really the only control we have over that is in the 'now' and that is where I feel our attentions should be focused.

I have a greater chance of being abducted by a Harpagornis haastii than the world ending...today!!!!



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
I feel too many are concerned with the (imaginary or not) 'afterlife', when really the only control we have over that is in the 'now' and that is where I feel our attentions should be focused.


I agree that there are many people who are so focused on tomorrow or the afterlife that they complete miss that sliver of now time that can indeed be affected. Likewise there are people who live in the past, longing for a time that will never return that they can't see the wonders of the memories that today can make.

We're singing in chorus saying "do today, don't wait for tomorrow" though for perhaps different reasons. Thanks for clarifying, I was hoping this was the case.


[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I spent all my money on Alcohol, Whores and Gambling...
I better die tomorrow, or else...






posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
I spent all my money on Alcohol, Whores and Gambling...
I better die tomorrow, or else...





You GAMBLED? Sorry, that was dumb. If you win big and the world ends tomorrow you wont be able to spend the loot.

You shoulda bought some crack.



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   



posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I guess not... I don't know about you guys, but I'm still alive, sitting here playing guitar with my brother lol.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Nah, just kidding...
Thought the post was so stup...funny, that I had to reply...

Of course, the alcohol and whores part is real...just incase...


Got so drunk, I was only able to spend a couple of hundred Euros...well, maybe a thousand...have to check...damn whores, they ripped me off...


[edit on 10-9-2008 by NorthWolfe CND]



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Nah, just kidding...
Thought the post was so stup...funny, that I had to reply...

Of course, the alcohol and whores part is real...just incase...


Got so drunk, I was only able to spend a couple of hundred Euros...well, maybe a thousand...have to check...damn whores, they ripped me off...


Come ON!!

Now your trying to convince me whores aren't honest?????

What's next? George Bush is evil??




posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com...

There is our answer. Right there. I think it states what the naysayers were saying all the time.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com...

There is our answer. Right there. I think it states what the naysayers were saying all the time.


Considering that there have been no High Energy collisions yet - and will not be until next year - it is still far too early to tell if there is a danger or not.
All that was done today was a small & low-powred stream in one direction only to calibrate the magnets.
What bothers me is that there is an outside chance - and it does not matter how small that chance is - that when a full-scale High Energy collision is finally done that this could create a strangelet.
If that happens, we are screwed royally.
As we only have this one planet to stand on, it does strike me as a tad irresponsible to play around with this chance.



[edit on 10-9-2008 by neil wilkes]




top topics



 
8
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

log in

join