It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all going to die next Wednesday?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, lets say the LHC did create just one mini black hole, how long would it take for us (the regular joe) to notice its effects on us??

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hi There,

Having already made a post on this issue, wanting to allay fears and concerns...you can see it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Rangersdad:

Out of curiosity, lets say the LHC did create just one mini black hole, how long would it take for us (the regular joe) to notice its effects on us??

You won't feel a thing, mankind will be obliterated faster than the nerves can transmit the signal. Slowing the process down, you will feel a tearing at the very fabric of your organic structure, which will be twisted, warped and stretched infinitely through all dimensions. As Pinhead might want to suggest...your soul will be torn apart, absolutely annihilated out of existence...no post-mortem consciousness, no life after death...no judgement day. Your atomic structure will be disassembled and scattered all around the 'event' horizon.

Best wishes and good luck

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
elysiumfire,
You won't feel a thing, mankind will be obliterated faster than the nerves can transmit the signal. Slowing the process down, you will feel a tearing at the very fabric of your organic structure, which will be twisted, warped and stretched infinitely through all dimensions. As Pinhead might want to suggest...your soul will be torn apart, absolutely annihilated out of existence...no post-mortem consciousness, no life after death...no judgement day. Your atomic structure will be disassembled and scattered all around the 'event' horizon.

I sure hope you are wrong on this....and how could a black hole tear apart a soul, since the soul is spirit????

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
elysiumfire,

I sure hope you are wrong on this....and how could a black hole tear apart a soul, since the soul is spirit????

I think it was just creative writing. But then again, when you get into spirit and dimensions and how those entwine, going through a blackhole could make you see God...

that would be trippy.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Everyone keeps talking about the date we're going to die:

The first beams of protons will be fired around the 17-mile tunnel to test the controlling strength of the world's largest superconducting magnets. It will still be about a month before beams traveling in opposite directions are brought together in collisions that some skeptics fear could create micro "black holes" and endanger the planet.

ap/newsday

Yet nobody checks the actual schedule.
Doomsday predictors I have noticed are surprisingly not very detail oriented.

So, do the math, and then tell us when we die.

I assume now it's a month from Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And when God sees those scientists who created the LHC, I wonder what he will say to them ???

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi There,

Rangersdad:

Reddupo:

when you get into spirit and dimensions and how those entwine..?

So do I RD, but then again, even spirit must operate on a foundational energy basis, how else could it interact with our dimensions?

Schrodinger:

So, do the math, and then tell us when we die. I assume now it's a month from Wednesday.

As I have pointed out on the link I provided, a chap says he has been informed that if everything goes okay Wednesday, the LHC may well reach the required energies of 10 TeV collisions by Friday. Hope not, I believe we need a little more time for informed debate.

Best wishes

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No such luck. There is no God or Gods and if so He/She/It/They enjoys this sewer, the Good and the Bad...it would have to be like some grand game for them where the good are stomped and repressed and the bad are rich and have theor way. They must love injustice and the tears; hell, I suppose it would be a bit boring if people were moral and good and happy all the time.

No, there is not end of the world coming..this crap is just going to churn on and on and on and ofver and over and over again. First this planet raises up conscious beings and them feeds them to the bugs..the bugs ruin and I don't just mean the 8 blegged ones. Civil War? A gotta be joking; this generation couldn't fight its way out of a pile of dirty dishes.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
And when God sees those scientists who created the LHC, I wonder what he will say to them ???

"So, you live in other people's imaginations and prey on their hopes, dreams and ignorance too?"

Oh, just for the record, I don't believe in God, and I don't believe the World will end due to the LHC.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It seems to me that after the 10th rolls around with out a hitch and were all still here, the self proclaimed preachers of ATS will just make up another doomsday to preach about how you need to believe in Jesus and God to save your immortal souls.. blah...blah...blah.. I say if you want to preach goto a religious site and preach there. If I thought preaching was entertaining I would go to church. What is so fun about the end of the world? Why is learning about science and furthering our scientific progress scary? I mean does everything have to be the end of the world?

"Dang I ran out of lucky Charms and my milk went sour, The world is going to end run for your lives!!!"

Sorry for my rant, I joined ATS for he out there theories and scientific discoveries that people report on and all I see are doomsday prophecies and people getting down right mean and nasty to others about there love for the bible and god and get really really mad when people don't conform to there opinion and blast ya like crazy for giving them yours.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
if we go we are taking the french with us

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think the projects pretty exciting to be honest- they make a pretty good music video, lets just hope they didnt spend all their time on this instead of the LHC :s

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Text Purple I think it was a complete waste of money building a machine that could destroy the entire universe!

How can these people risk there lives and the worlds lives just so they can make a new pllanet that wont even be usful beacause we will all be dead!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
hi just want to say that... well its a TINY chance that we could all die... and anyway....

They are creating the contitions of a TRILLIANTH of a second AFTER the big bang... SCARED OF BLACK HOLES?

if black holes did appear at this time... well... Time would not exist would it because all of the matter created in the big bang would have been sucked up and never would have existed EVER..

SO WHAT CREATED THE UNIVERSE? ...

ANSWER TO: HOW DO ELECTRONS KEEP GOING ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND?

the answer is UP THERE! ^^^^^^^ GOD...

Sorry if i offend anyone but its a little bit obvious...

the big bang has to of hand too many coinsidences... there are HUNDREDS of different temperatures and things that all would have had to be in existance and well... its kind of IMMPOSIBLLE that all of this could have happened... UNLESS......

There is a GOD!

so dont know about you but i will still be here THURSDAY to answer any questions...

WE WILL NOT ALL DIE!
c u on THURSDAY

LUVS XXXX

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The world is not going to end on Wednesday. Wednesday is when the first beam is passed through it but it wont be later in the year until the first actual collision is recorded.
So until "later in the year" let's all relax

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So hopeless. Must be a tough life to lead. I passed by Episcopal Academy today, a brand new 350 million dollar k-12 school. One of the top schools, ranked, year over year, in the whole Country. They are planning on having a good day at school on Wednesday. Get yourself together man. I sometimes hate this place because its so irrational it becomes tiring to even pay attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ffs. im 14. this whole thing is scaring the hell out ov me and practically everyone i know!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Scientists are far from big shots. Maybe you should read up on the average pay of a scientist.

I could scan in my paycheck to prove it too.
Course, perhaps I'm a little below the average.

I'm surprised more at the responses on this thread than the news itself. Lots of insults and blame-slinging from scientists (nerds) to "go jump off a bridge" which in my mind is a suggestion from very sick thinking. But, after all, it is ATS and should be used to it by now. Given the perspective of humanity based on this thread, is the end of the world such a bad thing?

Any day can be our last day individually. We need to be spending our moments helping one another out of love and selflessness, being kind and generous wherever we have the opportunity. We need to know God in the time that we have so that when it is His turn to speak, He'll have some good news about what is to come next.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I predict that all of the LHC experiments will apparently go off without a hitch.

Emphasis on apparently.....

-Euclid

[edit on 8-9-2008 by euclid]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join