It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all going to die next Wednesday?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Are we all going to die next Wednesday?

www.dailymail.co.uk

Two nightmare scenarios, two ends of the world. In the first, there is little warning. For maybe a month there would be no sign that life was about to come to an abrupt and nasty end for all living things on Earth.
Then, earthquakes would start unexpectedly, alerting geologists that something terrible, unimaginable, was amiss.
After a few days, these seismic disturbances would reach catastrophic proportions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Is this just something new for the doomsayers to get their teeth into? Eight years ago the start of the new millennium had doomsayers wringing their hands and announcing that planes would crash from the skies because of some glitch in the computer programs, oh woe all would be chaos.
Nothing happened.
Then the doomsayers seized upon the Bird Flu and prophesied millions of deaths world wide and populations wiped out. Whole cities would be left empty and desolate. Well we're still waiting.

This is just another chance for the doomsayers to chant their gloom and doom messages - which should fall on deaf ears I hope... for those who have any sense.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I agree, more than likely nothing will happen on such a dramatic scale, but still..

we are playing around with something to advanced for us, id be scared if i were the one pushing the 'on' button.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
really, nothing from the daily mail shoudl ever be quoted in a serious news paper.

its probably the second worst garbage news paper in the uk (first being the daily sport).

Total scare mongering from the dumbest newspaper going, i wouldnt even take what they say with a pinch of weed!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The way i feel today, who cares.

But hey, at least we all go together.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No one was 100 percent knowing for sure what exactly might happen after the first atomic bomb was exploded.
The LHC makes me a tad nervous, but I think the likes of Hawkins and others pretty much are assured there will be no earth destroying process. Strangelets and mini black holes are worriesome tho. The sun is a huge atomic fusion reactor and it hasn't killed us....yet.
The science derived from this may even get us off the oil nipple.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here is a better more reputable link www.popularmechanics.com...

Next week could indeed be the turning point in our civilization. We could truly be on the dawn of a new age.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why is it that people who dare to think of negative consequences of tests like the L.H.C. are branded doomsayers? It is VERY possible that something horrible can happen with the L.H.C. test. Scientists aren't even sure what's gonna happen when they initiate the test, how will they know every possible outcome. Sure they assume everything is going to be safe, but is there any hard proof that nothing bad will happen? I think not, actually they are basing their assumption of safety off a theory. Theories have constantly been proven wrong, what's to say that this test is any different? Expect the unexpected, not expect the expected!

"Some say tragedy means it's over, but sometimes that tragedy means it's over"- Anonymous present-day musical artist

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well good day to keep the kids home and just sit around the table making crafts, something very positive.

If the fabric of space time does rip, then it will be up to us to redefine the energy which settles afterwards. Why not make it as far from fear based as possible? Something along the lines of creating a new reality.

I just do not think that it is going to make a difference on the surface level which is where 99.9% of people exist.

On the other hand if these crushed particles or blackholes go darting off in all directions, you again will never know it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ice1300
Here is a better more reputable link www.popularmechanics.com...

Next week could indeed be the turning point in our civilization. We could truly be on the dawn of a new age.

That was a good article. It almost made me feel better about the LHC until they said this-

The purpose of this test? “It’s, ‘Let’s see what happens,’ ” says Judy Jackson, head of the Office of Communications at Fermilab. “It’s a very complex machine. This is a step towards getting ready.”

I would feel better about this experiment if they knew a little more about what will happen. Then again, it wouldn't be an experiment then. I don't know, hopefully it all works out without any issues.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Nice article ice. Bravo. Just one thing thing tho. You know what 'assures' have the potential of making you and I. A smoking donkey.
Lol, ya, that did not sit hot with me either KaginD.
Like hey!? I wonder what this button does? Final last words of many a redneck.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well Bob Let’s flip the switch and see what happens.
Just sounds way to much like a Far Side Cartoon.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
The way i feel today, who cares.

But hey, at least we all go together.

He he, i'm with you on that one!!

I think the switch on of the LHC is happening next week, but the smashing of atoms doesn't begin for a while after that. I could be wrong but I think the only worries next week would be the electricity bill for the owners of the LHC

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This web site will be web casting the events of 10 Sept live. lhc-first-beam.web.cern.ch...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can totally feel you on that jehova620!!!!! We all have days, heck weeks, sometimes even months like that. Cheer up buddy.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hopefully the experiment causes a rip in the fabric of time and turns every Wed morning into a Friday afternoon. Finally achieving the two day work week.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well i gues i got to fallow the masses and say that this is all going to go Okay. The masses are always right

But what do we say IF it dont go the right way ehm
Just hope no one gets hurt ???

They are trying to produse like 40 billion smal Bigbangs a second. Hope it dosent end up in a huge big one

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Rofl! I was just thinking....if we all go at once, maybe I can slip into the pearly gates when St. Pete aint lookin'.
Ya, he's really busy.....shoop.
Probably have some kind of heavely red alert system for that tho. Worth a shot anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i am a little aprehensive about this, but hey, if aliens are real they will stop us from turning it on and destroying the universe :-D

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Maybe this is like in the matrix and neo has failed 4 previous times.
This time he knows what he must do!!!
Sorry watched the matrix last night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join