It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote Palin speech? the former Bush speechwriter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You know what? I have know you for a long time in this boards Dbates and don't start just turning like the rest of the crowd that has joined this site lately to just bash anybody that do not fall on party lines.

That goes for both parties

That is one of the things that bothers me the most in ATS since the last election year.

That the bickering and propaganda behind some of the threads in this board has gotten out of hand.

At least I am neutral this time around and I thanks all those that has brought good post on addressing the issue of how our so call politician brilliant speeches are not of their creation.

Is always a brilliant writer behind the so call brilliant speeches.

And all the credit should not go to the politicians.

Plain and simple.

If that makes me a liberal to you so beat it

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Thanks for bringing the issue of beauty so far the "how hot she is and how pretty she is" is getting the best our of me as a voter.

It seems that it the whole issue of bringing her into McCain side was to get attention I imagine that Rove mind was brilliant as the rumors are that he was the one that suggested to bring her as VP.

(I have to research more on that one)

Because McCain is neither young, hot or pretty, and Obama was hugging all the attention.

That alone will be one of the reasons Palin was chosen, just to help McCain look pretty.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

I agree that we really don't know when was the last time that our "brilliant spoken politicians" actually wrote anything.

That would be a good issue, to find out who of them is actually a great writer.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

at the DNC get together, I watched the pundits talk about the fact that Bill Clinton's speech was a loose outline on a legal pad, and that he planned to deliver his speech rather impromptu and not using the teleprompters. Of course he's a long time professional politician and one of the best at delivering a speech. Still I found that rather impressive.

The result was that the speech reflected Bill Clinton as a person far more than if he would have read one line for line on the prompter. I wonder, and guess we will never know, what Palin would have truly reflected had she of delivered a genuine speech created by her herself? I know she had the opportunity to edit out some of the major faux pa we saw in the one she had (such as insulting the honor and noble efforts of community service workers all over the nation), but apparently didn't think it was important and went on with them, so maybe that's our hint and sneak preview at what she is really like?

She’s not just running for VP of the white, wealthy elites, she would be representing ALL of the people and just how do you do that by insulting a large portion of them? Wow, if she can’t pass the muster on speech editing, what does this tell us about her larger capabilities?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I am Canadian & have being following the american political process for some time now. Yes all the political "players" in this race have speech writers.

No doubt Sarah Palin has talent, as do all the "players". Giving the present world we live in, what it will come down to is not only experience but Knowledge..of the world, Vision, Emotional Intelligence, Creativity & Ability to bring people from different ideologies together. US citizen's belong to many different faiths, the policies the next government put into play should take into account ... the Real needs of the country..terrorism is not the #1 issue.

Who will best address the real issues, which candidate will bring together the best talent to put into play policies that will start to reverse the seeming downward spirale the country is caught in??

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I very much agree with you. If you want to gauge a politician's intellectual capacities, listen to how they speak extemporaneously, not what they say in set-piece speeches, which are rarely if ever their own words.

Clinton indeed is a master at off-the-cuff speaking, as was JFK. Also Tony Blair; whatever you think of his politics, he is very smart and extremely well-spoken.

As for the current final four--none of them is all that impressive. Biden is a windbag and loves to hear himself speak, Obama also likes the sound of his own voice, though I just don't get the giddy euphoria over his speeches, and McCain has been on autopilot for over a decade. Palin? Well, I just can't get past seeing Elaine on Seinfeld to actually listen to what she's saying, and it will doubtless stay that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Uh, give me a teleprompter,

a podium and

20 million people and I COULD DELIVER THE SAME.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I feel that to take the credit for something that is no original is deceiveing

You didn't really just go there...

Did you ever hear of Joe Biden?

Did you ever hear Barack Obama and Deval Patrick's speeches on "words matter" back to back?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know I'm late chiming in here, but I'm not surprised one bit it was Bush's speech writer.
Especially the part that she says -
Quote: “Here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion,” she said. “I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country.”

That is the part that scares me the most, but knowing who wrote it, it's the most telling.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
reply to post by skyshow

I very much agree with you. If you want to gauge a politician's intellectual capacities, listen to how they speak extemporaneously, not what they say in set-piece speeches, which are rarely if ever their own words.

Bingo!

It seems she doesn't even know what the VP DOES!
Don't believe me? Here ya go:

This brings up a good question.... If she doesn't even know what the VP is supposed to do...How is she going to know what to do as President if something happens to McCain?

Very frightening thought.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 20 Eyes

Originally posted by 20 Eyes
I know I'm late chiming in here, but I'm not surprised one bit it was Bush's speech writer.
Quote: “Here’s a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I’m not going to Washington to seek their good opinion,” she said. “I’m going to Washington to serve the people of this country.”

That is the part that scares me the most, but knowing who wrote it, it's the most telling.

What exactly scares you? The fact that Sarah Palin intends to serve the public, or the fact that she refuses to pander to the liberal MSM?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by 20 Eyes

Originally posted by 20 Eyes

What exactly scares you? The fact that Sarah Palin intends to serve the public, or the fact that she refuses to pander to the liberal MSM?

I know you weren't addressing me..
BUT
What scares me the most, is she doesn't even know what the VP does.. The job she is running for......Palin said it, not me. Don't shoot the messenger.
See the video in my above post.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
So if you get the right guy to help you write a speech, you'll automatically be applauded by millions and cheered as being brilliant? I don't think so. Words are just ink on paper until someone brings them to life. That my friend takes quite a bit of natural talent and skill.

Do you think George Bush could have given that speech so well? I don't think so. She's gifted.

That is the VERY point. Everyone has their speeches written for them. However, often times they take an active role in what topics they wish to address, how they wish to address them, and how much detail they wish to delve into. A speech must not only be carefully crafted to fit the individual's natural speaking style, but the orator must also make certain that the speech leaves them comfortable presenting it.

Sarah Palin is EXTREMELY talented. She even added quips of her very own that were not written for her. She came off as natural, down-to-earth, kind, compassionate, yet tough, tenacious, and downright ready to throw punches. I was seriously stunned by her speaking, and even Obama, despite his great speaking abilities, does not win me over in that context.

As a side note, I am not sure how many of you knew this, but Sarah Palin DID NOT use the Teleprompter. They were malfunctioning, so she spoke straight from the hip. I saw her shuffle a paper or two, but I never even caught her taking a glance at her notes. How amazing is that?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Uh, give me a teleprompter,
a podium and
20 million people and I COULD DELIVER THE SAME.

Her teleprompter broke - NO teleprompter.
37 million people watched on 6 networks.
38 million people watched Obama on 10 networks.

Palin had 40% less networks carrying her then Obama had and she pulled in just about the same number of people.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I can't get the pic to show so here's the link
img366.imageshack.us...
This is all I think of when I see her. Well, her and Tina Fey from SNL. I hope they bring her back she'd be a riot.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I cant wait for the live Obama/McCain debates. Hopefully there wont be any teleprompters or earpieces =)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The teleprompter was broken. She spoke impromptu. She could do this because she has five kids, one with special needs. She is bigger, smarter, bolder than anyone can imagine. She may well be the next president. This is no ordinary housewife you are dealing with.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

so? did you ask all those people if they agree with her or not? why do you think that many poeple tuned in?

i would guess the curiosity factor. Dont get your hopes up

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The problem is JS that nobody this days can tell Who was the last politician in Washington that actually work of the people of this nation.

See I guess you are forgetting who rules Washington politicians.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Matthew Scully may have written Palin's acceptance speech, but when I was listening to it, I would have sworn it came from the pen of Peggy Noonan. I thought the speech too sarcastic and contrived and would have rather have had her use her own words., but then I feel that way about all politicians.

My assessment of Palin is that she is smart, sassy, bright, but definitely no where near ready for the White House, and though I know I am in the minority on this issue.. believe she is a loose canon that can and probably will pose a problem because of it...IF she ever reaches D.C. (and I do think she will reach D.C.) I have read a lot about Palin every since I heard on the nightly news last April that she finished giving a speech in Texas, AFTER HER WATER broke, THEN flew home (over 10,000 miles)to deliver...This was a VERY DANGEROUS and FOOLISH RISK to take when ready to deliver a baby, her actions left me with the very strong feeling at the time, that she was putting her political ambitions ahead of everything else. Oh yes...she went back to work only 3 days later...Those feeling I had about her burning political ambition..they have not changed,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join