It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote Palin speech? the former Bush speechwriter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If Rove could whip up a speech, he would have put it together himself.

I tell you, she's an attack dog. I just know she's into world domination and the NWO- she's been programmed.

We (and the world) dont stand a chance if McCain and the barracuda make it to the White House.

I'm not even sure that Obama is suitable, but i'll take my chances!!! In this case, the case of Obama, i think we could have a slim chance of at least the hope of change. With McCain, ITS JUST MORE OF THE SAME.
GUARANTEED.

:shk:

This is a sad presidential race- a bunch of weaklings, just what the powers that be would want .

Hand picked old man, a woman nobody knows, a man of color who people are just not accepting, no matter whats in his heart, because racism is still very much alive, and a questionable running mate.

Incredible! All this in a time of world wars and talk of famine, pestilence, in short, the time we would most need someone(s) strong, and, its all a show- all for show.

None of these people have our best interest at heart.

That RNC looked like a rally sponsored by Michelle Malkin
-Just they're not fooling me.

Are they fooling you?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I feel that to take the credit for something that is no original is deceiveing and I think that at least any of our so call brillinat speakers that happen to be poltical candidates and gaining the admiration of their flock should at least be honest enough to give also credit for those that do all the job for them.

I applaud the brilliant work of Matthew Scully.
she just read good and look pretty.
Marg,

do you feel the same way about Obama's teleprompter tailored speeches as well? We've all seen him attempt to ad lib.. uh, uh, oh, er, um...

all these people have speech writers, so to criticize one for what they all do, is a bit hypocritical in my opinion. I thought her speech was great!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
"a man of color who people are just not accepting, no matter whats in his heart"

Because there are way too many unanswered questions about what's really in this man's heart. While it may be an issue of race for some, you are implying that everyone who doesn't accept Obama is racist, which is flatly false.

I don't accept Obama because of his questionable history, his ties to certain people and his stand on the issues. I would gladly welcome Condoleeza Rice or Colin Powell as a candidate for POTUS an day or any man or woman who isn't caucasian as long as I agreed with them on the issues and I felt they didn't have a questionable background. I imagine there are many, many others who feel the same way.

Now does that make me racist?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
BH, she did a great job and you two are so sour that you just can't admit it.

Excuse me? You must not have read my post very well.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She IS gifted! She did a great job! She's exciting and unifying for the party, something they sorely needed. No doubt about that.

She exceeded expectations. And I'm actually not at all sour about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe I did misread it:

she didn't write it. She read it real good, though! She IS gifted! She did a great job!

Sounded like sarcasm to me. Sometimes it's hard to tell in writing. If it wasn't meant to be, then I offer my apologies and will edit my other post.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I'm implying the truth. This country is not ready to be lead by someone of dark skin, i dont care what anyone says.
Me? I'm latin so you can just put to rest the notion that I have a problem with it.

There is a lot of racism left in this country- like it or NOT>

DOES IT MAKE YOU RACIST?

Only you know, babes.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

If Rove could whip up a speech, he would have put it together himself.

I tell you, she's an attack dog. I just know she's into world domination and the NWO- she's been programmed.
So, what do you consder Biden? He praised John McCain publicly and called him a friend, now he is all about criticizing him.. What's up with that? Was he lying when he praised him, or is he lying now when he criticizes him? With friends like Joe Biden, who needs enemies?

We (and the world) dont stand a chance if McCain and the barracuda make it to the White House.
How could they be any worse than a candidate for the Presidency that you know absolutely nothing about? As for Joe Biden, how is he change? He's been in the game for 35 years, and represents nothing but more of the same.

I'm not even sure that Obama is suitable, but i'll take my chances!!! In this case, the case of Obama, i think we could have a slim chance of at least the hope of change. With McCain, ITS JUST MORE OF THE SAME.
GUARANTEED.
Ditto for Biden and Barack. How is changing your position constantly considered change? Maybe you mean changing his mind..

Hand picked old man, a woman nobody knows, a man of color who people are just not accepting, no matter whats in his heart, because racism is still very much alive, and a questionable running mate.
It must be racism if you don't like Obama. It's not like nobody knows much about him accept his radical associations or his inability to stand firm on any issue.

Incredible! All this in a time of world wars and talk of famine, pestilence, in short, the time we would most need someone(s) strong, and, its all a show- all for show.

None of these people have our best interest at heart.

I'll agree with you there, they're all self-serving in one way or another.

That RNC looked like a rally sponsored by Michelle Malkin
-Just they're not fooling me.

Are they fooling you?
No more than the Democrats are..

[edit on 4-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

If you look at my other posts on her speech, you'll see I'm not being sarcastic. I don't like her and will never vote for her, I think her attacks on Obama were below the belt, and that a lot of the content of her speech was nasty, but she did exactly what she needed to do and excited the Republican party. IMO, she was comparable to Obama in the delivery of her speech. That doesn't mean I agree with anything she said. But she hit it out of the park. I agree.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Of course she didn't write it.

She'll be a wonderful little puppet.

So let me get this straight. She's a "puppet" because she used a speech writer?

Are you serious?

You really have lost all objectivity.

:shk:

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

reply to post by sos37

I'm implying the truth. This country is not ready to be lead by someone of dark skin, i dont care what anyone says.
[edit on 4-9-2008 by dgtempe]

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I think this election has shown that the country is finally willing to accept people of different gender AND race leading the country. The only thing I think is still questionable is religion, hence Mitt Romney being shunned for being a Mormon, a religion that I think the American majority wasn't comfortable with, mostly because of ignorance.

But since you brought up racism, do you believe racism exists among African Americans? Do you believe it shows racism on their part because they are voting for a man because of his dark skin color?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Edited, with my apologies.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What's the use of threads like this? Do any of us really think we are going to convince anyone from the other side of the aisle to switch their vote. I just don't see the point. Enlighten me please....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

I always keep open the possibility that I might be persuaded by something....or that I might persuade someone else.

You never know, either way.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
So let me get this straight. She's a "puppet" because she used a speech writer?

You took the first and last sentences out of a three-paragraph post and merged them together to make it sound like I made that statement? Loam, is that you? WHo has taken over your username? Or did I never really know you?

That's like me doing this with your post:

Originally posted by loam
So get this straight. She's lost all objectivity.

Far, far below the belt and I'm surprised you engaged in such tactics.

And no. I didn't say she's a "puppet" because she used a speech writer. That's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks Loam, I'm glad to hear that. But don't you think I could start a similar thread asking why most people around here just cut and paste other peoples words instead of their own to describe their feelings? It's sort of like pasting your car with bumper stickers! I guess I'm frustrated because I love to debate politics but can't stand it when people cut and past an article and I'm supposed to infer that it is the way they feel instead of just coming out saying it!

It just occured to me....who am I speaking to? You or the Mod?

Thanks for letting me vent! LOL!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Palin will use up the worlds supply of botox if she keeps using as much as she stuffed in her face yesterday.

I was just watching clips of that speech. My god she could hardly move her face.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Word on the street is that her Doctor was a referral from Nancy Pelosi. So what's you point? You got something against Botox? That is a good point though....wonder how many of our illustrious Senators and Representatives use Botox? Dick Cheney referred me to his doctor......ahem......

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Everyone uses speech writers. Even Obama.

Yep. And don't forget about JOE BIDEN and his speech writing capabilities. He was forced to drop out of his last presidential run due to PLAGIARIZED speeches.

Of course she didn't write it. She read it real good, though!

Actually, the teleprompter broke mid-speech (and it broke for Guiliani as well) so she really didn't 'read it good'. She spoke from memory for the second half of the speech.

She'll take her charm and good looks and lilting laughter

And EXECUTIVE experience as Governor and Mayor, as well as her position on issues ...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
broken teleprompter information

And what would Obama have done with a broken teleprompter on the night of the biggest speech of his life???

answer - uh, oh, uh, um, uh, um, oh ....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Oh, please, BH. You act like I'm purposely trying to distort your post.

What precisely was in the middle of your post that might change my question?

The thread topic is "Who wrote Palin speech? the former Bush speechwriter".

You write: "Of course she didn't write it. She read it real good, though!", which I read as a belittling of the woman and as an implication she's incapable of anything substantive. You then proceed to how she "gives a good speech", but continue with "...[she'll] take her charm and good looks and lilting laughter and go in there and do whatever the party tells her to do. She'll be a wonderful little puppet."

Again, how did you arrive at that? Because she used a speech writer?

It's a fair assumption about your post in the context of this thread and a fair question.

It's you I'm wondering about never knowing. I think my posting history makes pretty clear that I'm against distortion, lies and abuse of power-- wherever they may be found.

Those convictions of mine have never been contingent upon party affiliation.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join