It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bear is Back - Should We Be Afraid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As we continue to see Russia flex its muscles in the media, I wonder what lies in the near future, especially for Europeans situated squarely between the two playground bullies.

With Germany and Italy virtually dependent on Russian gas, will European countries start acting as apologists for an emboldening Russia, intent on reclaiming its place on the world stage and reliving the 'glory days'?

Of course, the world is a different place than back in the 1930's, and the wild card in the deck has to be China, now a financial and industrial powerhouse with hundreds of years of experience of international political intrigue and a future plan that makes the west look like we can't think beyond tomorrow.

I thought this was a nice summary of the Russian modus operandi, what do others think?

Russians have been doing variations of the same trick they are now pulling in Eastern Europe for almost a thousand years. In order to "protect Russian citizens", they will hand out Russian passports in regions that they want to control, or (as they did several centuries ago) they will make citizenship claims of the inhabitants of territories that they want. Then, they invade the regions that they wish to control to "defend their Russian countrymen".

After defending their countrymen, they conveniently forget to return the territory to its original owner. Instead, either setting up a puppet state, or annexing and controlling the territory directly.

Monty Guild and Tony Danaher
www.GuildInvestment.com

In light of the above, take a look at this map of the concentration of Russians living in various countries, some of which are now EU members:

map.primorye.ru...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think there is reason to be afraid because of the tensions that were created between the USA and Soviet Union during the Cold War. Even though there are different people manning the wheels these days it still looks as though they're taking the same approach to the relationship again.

On the other hand I think it is a good thing that Russia has been stirring from it's slumber. The USA, at least under the Bush administration, needs someone to keep them in check somehow, and Russia is one of the few countries who could be capable of doing it. Until now it seems like when the USA has wanted to do something that the international community probably didn't agree with but was afraid to say it, other countries either went along with it or kept silent (as far as we common folk are told). Having Russia being vocal about telling the USA to GTFO of Georgia instead of just tolerating American presence is hopefully going to make Bush & Company think twice about simply rolling through whichever territories they feel are evil enough to justify going after.

It will be interesting to see how the next president and cabinet handle that relationship with Russia. I'm thinking it will be more of the same, but who knows. I certainly don't want to see what happens when the gears of war in Russia, not to mention their friends, start to turn at full power. Definitely not a pleasant thought, and certainly one to be afraid of.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If one goes to Daniel 7:5, you will read that the 'Bear' represents the Medo-Persian Empire in Daniels' vision....

I don't feel that the later Daniel 'end times' commentary suddenly changes the 'Bear' to mean Russia in this modern era. the end times 'Bear' will also be a medo-persian entity...this time around it will be the unification of Iran-Iraq into a caliphate..

the 'bear=russia' meme became almost popculture-universal with the popularity of 'The Late Great Planet Earth' book. imho....

thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

They had passports in Russia a thousand years ago? Damn, and I thought we were advanced!

You know what? It can easily be turned around on the U.S., U.K., etc. They have a similar history. It's called the history of men. Russia will always be there. That is obvious after they survived the big collapse. However, I have fears that this country will not always be here (the U.S.). Why? Because this government continues to instigate many foreign conficts 'in the interest of America' which will eventually turn on us all. The world is a wary cat right now and you can only poke a cat so long before it sticks its claws into you. Let's just hope that we truly get a REAL regime change here before it comes to that.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am trying to stay positive about the whole Russia situation, but its not looking to good. Russia said that any attempt to help Georgia would be a declaration of war. We just gave them a billion dollars in aid. That worries me.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We don't necessarily have to be in an official recession for things to be bad. Regardless of what our current economic status is, its still not good.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
opps, sorry! I posted that last one in the wrong thread. Lol. sorry everyone

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well we should be afraid of the American gov IMO They are the one who has poked a big stick at the bear and now want to mount the bears head on the office wall ( Crazy i say )

And as another poster has said The American just gave them a billion dollars in aid ???
I find this hard to swallow The American Gov can find money to give a BILLION dollars not a mill a Billion to Georgia and they carn't look after the people in their own country

Just to point out i'm not American but your Gov needs to be stoped before they kill us all

new topics

top topics

join