It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rense.com Now Under Severe, Routine Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
but what puts me off is that this is often the thin end of the wedge for some pretty scary white supremicist talk.

With all due respect, Johnny;
I KNOW white supremacy theology and I have NEVER seen it there.
I haven't linked to a white pride site from there either.

Where are you talking about?

I HAVE seen anti-goyim rhetoric many times, even when I was researching for the U.S.S. Liberty

Draconius Says:
August 18, 2008 at 4:15 am
They should feel proud that they gave their lives in service to the Chosen Ones. Israel must and does come first in America, to hell with the people. The people of Israel are superior to the rest of humanity, who were put on this Earth to serve them.

What???

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by jaamaan

I used to be a regular reader of sense until I found ATS. I just resonated more with this site than rense because they give us all the information whereas rense wanted money for his best stuff.

They also separate themselves from the members and readers and here we are intertwined with the staff. Rense is not approachable, our owners are very interactive.

What really got me was that this site is so much more user friendly, and the links and verification and moderation can not be beat. I do not have to wonder if its true or not here on ATS, at least to the best of our staffs ability, the truth is what we work towards and I can trust that, (except skunkworks sometimes).

The difference between rense.com and ats is that ats is user generated and rense.com is rense generated i think.
I like these differences.

On ats i get many many angles on stories from many people.
On rense.com i get it kind of from one perspective, the one of rense.
Thats why i dont compare the two sites, the both give me different things with some common themes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We've had a couple of run-ins with Rense.com... on several occasions they lifted entire posts from ATS with out credit or attribution of any type. When we finally got in contact to request a link back to ATS, they simply removed the material and didn't give proper attribution.

I really don't think these "attacks" are from anything other than a mischievous person who took issue with Rense over some point. If the attacks really were from "highest level ops," the site would never return.

Are you sure your "run-ins with Rense.com" are not blinding you in your judgement of the article on the rense website?

You might be right on both points but i dont see a connection here realy.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
I think the government has more things to worry about and do with its time than to be trying to shunt out some website.

It is probably just some hackers with nothing better to do...as usual.

I suggest they go practice their guitar hero some more and air guitar their way to success.

Cheers!!!

Really? I don't.

I think they are running scared of the Internet. Orwell did not foresee the Internet, and therefore they had not planned for its appearance in the scheme of things. (Reading or rereading 1984 is chilling these days...)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Rense posts a lot of trash, including the claim you quoted, OP, about the hackers being high-level government operatives. Where's the proof? They can't even trace the point of origin? Run the IP through WhoIS, that will at least give you one of the computers being used.

Good job hackers, hopefully Rense will be destroyed and other respectable alternative news sites with a sense of objectivity and proof will get the attention that Rense routinely steals.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I guess if Rense.com is being attacked due to its content and editorial stance....The Onion is sure to be silenced soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
Rense posts a lot of trash, including the claim you quoted, OP, about the hackers being high-level government operatives. Where's the proof? They can't even trace the point of origin? Run the IP through WhoIS, that will at least give you one of the computers being used.

Good job hackers, hopefully Rense will be destroyed and other respectable alternative news sites with a sense of objectivity and proof will get the attention that Rense routinely steals.

There is a lot of trash posted on this website to, doesnt mean it is all trash.
And i am sure that the webmassters at rense know how to run a whois.

Maybe you could show me these "other respectable alternative news sites" you are talking about, than i could have a look there to.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

Maybe you could show me these "other respectable alternative news sites" you are talking about, than i could have a look there to.

IMHO, rawstory is the best. They do the scutwork of checking that rense can't be bothered with. They're mostly politics, though.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

You're right, there is a lot of trash, however ATS does not advertise itself as a new site and claim that everything on it is true.

Rense has a horrible quality control policy and will publish just about everything. They're more likely under attack by a few hackers who feel like they are a disgrace than the government.

And I'll ask again, where's the proof it's a government op?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I read rense just about everyday, mind you, I don't read everything, just what I want to read or what is believable.
They don't ask you to believe everything (content from other sources mostly).
I run everything through my personal s**t filter upstairs, I read enough sources to know what to ignore, to believe, or to ponder.

It's really up to you do decide for yourself what is truth, with any information.

I miss rense when it's down.

PS, just because I used to read the 'weekly world news' don't mean nothin'.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Of course, the idea that this is completely made up to drive traffic to their web site is unthinkable.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Absolutely!
Although, the thought did cross my mind.

I already visit it anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I AM of jewish descent and have been monitoring Rense.com com daily for years (along with BBC, Al Jazeera, Crooks & Liars, Rawstory and others). Filter out the anti Obama, anti semitism and UFOlogy and you'll often find extremely interesting content there a month or more ahead of its eventual appearance in the MSM.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Free Speech Is Not
Freedom
To Lie, Slander, Defame

Congress
About To Pour Lighter Fluid On Iran

Africans
Root For Obama

US
Forces Czech Radar Plans Despite Opposition

Ukraine
Turmoil Bad News For Debt Market

Israel
Arms Sales Stopped Week Before War

Cheney
Hails 'Courageous' Georgia, Condemns Russia

Cheney
- Making Deals They Can't Refuse

Evidence
Of Georgian War Crimes Surfacing

Cheney
- US Supports NATO Status For Georgia

Russian
Media Covers Ron Paul Rally

Russia
Closes Its Embassy In Georgia

Rense.com
Now Under
Severe, Routine Attack

Berg
Vs Obama - Barky To Be Served On Thursday

Palin's
AK Reaps Windfall Profits McCain Decries

Who Wants
To Be CEO
Of A Kakistocracy?

Gardasil
Safety In Doubt (How Many Dead Girls?)

Gardasil
Jab Now REQUIRED For All Immigrants!

Palin
Country

Bush
To Give $1 Billion To Georgia

Hanna
Hammers Haiti - Eyes US East Coast -
Vid

Obama
Phone Chats With Saakashvili

Palin's
Convention Speech - Text And Vid

Another
Alternative
Energy Inventor Killed?

The
Beauty Queen Packs A
Gun

Sinclair
Makes His Case At The RNC

Abu
Ghraib Museum - Only Of Saddam Atrocities!

Brokers Accused Of $1B Subprime Fraud

Obama's
War On Women

Obama's
BOGUS Health Plan

Better
A Depression Than Hyperinflating

Buchanan -
Johnny's Got a New
Girl

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Nonsense, this post related to rense and the nature of its postings vis-a-vis both its credability and relevance...especially in terms of its threat to the 'powers that be' This is not outside of the discussion in this thread, and further, was in answer to a query from another poster. Bad call from the mod, and if you didn't like the 'n-word' being used (subjectively and in context), then you should have edited it alone.

I'd like to see this post restored, or an open discussion on why it is off-topic.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

Is the time started where goverments silence alternative news sources ?

Maybe show our supo\port by visiting rense even more.

Lol, what?

Rense is full of crap...its probably some hackers up to no good again. Once again rense has reeled in the gullible

Seriously, if it were high level ops, the entire site wouldve been removed from the web...sounds a bit more realistic doesnt it?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

but what puts me off is that this is often the thin end of the wedge for some pretty scary white supremicist talk.

With all due respect, Johnny;
I KNOW white supremacy theology and I have NEVER seen it there.
I haven't linked to a white pride site from there either.

Where are you talking about?

Sorry, buddy. I posted an example of how rense is linking to white supremacist blogs, and my respose to it...in order to answer your question...but one of the mods, maria_stardust, decided that it was off topic and she discarded it. You could u2u me, I suppose, and I could provide the offending examples.

Too bad the lid is being kept on it, though.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm not a 'Buddy'.
That was my Dad's name!
I'm 'Mrs' to you!

I'll U2U you!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm not a 'Buddy'.
That was my Dad's name!
I'm 'Mrs' to you!

I'll U2U you!

Now I feel properly chastened! Sorry about that. Going off-line now...send you the info tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join