It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOBILE ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How about it? Can ATS become accesible for pda, mobile phone users? I have a wireless pda with AvantGo access and internet access.

That way we (pda users) never miss a BEAT!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
...a true ATS Addict...

I don't know whether to Applaud you or suggest counselling...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I thought I was an ATS addict

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Heh, on christmas day I spent a drunken half hour trying to find out whether Beagle had landed safely on Mars by connecting to the internet via my Phone. In the end I had to give up and use an old-fashioned TV

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
you read my mind! i was wondering about that yesterday myself, just out of curiousity... but lacking both cellphone and pda, i couldn't just try the website anyway. i think that that would be an awesome addition though, for those addicts with the capabilities to do that.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I've done some level of research into this, and for the board, it's rather difficult to create a mobile-compliant website with all features. Among the most difficult things to manage are the complex URLs used by the board's core codebase. However... ATSNN.com and TerrorAnalysis.com now both feature XML RSS news feeds. Most devices either come with an RSS reader, or one is easily obtained. Also, one of the major items in the future of ATS is conversion to simple URL's, for example: This URL .... /forum/viewthread.php?tid=38560&page=3 Would become ... /forum/thread/38560/page/3.html The technique of simple URL's that contain the needed variables for displaying posts is already being used on ATSNN.com and TerrorAnalysis.com, but the process is much more complex for ATS. Once we move to simple URL's, a text-only version of the board would be compliant with all mobile browsers. So... uh... shortening the long-rambling answer... a version of ATS compliant with mobile browsers is certainly an item you'll see in the future.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
That is a great idea!!! I think that would be outstanding. Something like this would increase the effectiveness of ATS ten fold. Say something were to pop up, right? Instead of running to a computer to post, just post through your cell phone or palm pilot!!! Definitely a brilliant idea.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
yea!

Yes I admit! I am an addict!
No therapy needed though.

I can access the website on my pocket pc phone edition
but it takes a minute to load.

So kudos to your response SkpO!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
heh at this speed ATS can be classified as a dangerous cult...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Someone could write an ASP.NET Mobile application to display certain things from the site, like recent posts, ATSNN headlines...and so forth. That would probably work out alright.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maybe a version could be made for Palm's and what-not that is just topics without all the features? Eliminate all the stuff that would cause problems and have just topic-text. Maybe even eliminate the ability to post if that's one thing that makes it not work, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a compatible one sort of.

Edit: Also, I think it's a good idea, but I wouldn't make it a priority.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hope this happens soon. Then i can use it with my new cell phone that i am getting this summer.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Limited search as I'm on my iPhone, but is there a mobile ATS site? Something more easily navigated than the full site?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Limited search as I'm on my iPhone, but is there a mobile ATS site? Something more easily navigated than the full site?

Well.. Sort of

From our CEO and developer
Just use our mobile site optimized for wireless devices: m.abovetopsecret.com

It makes little sense to spend money developing an app for one device in order to browse a freely accessible website with a mobile version.

** for the ATSLive radio show**
Get us on your 'Droid or IPhone - Look for the ATS Live App in the development marketplace, OR, find us via the TuneIn Radio App (install the app and look for ATS Radio)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Perfect...thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Checked it out. Will U2U. I develop software for mobile devices...and love this site.

new topics

top topics

join