It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to communicate with a deity using a person as a vessel through hypnosis or talk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm curious... like could you talk to someone in such a way and awaken a deity within them? Like would you be able to do it through hypnosis? I know there are claims that people can call forth unbelievable powers when they do hypnosis but like is it possible to use hypnosis to bring deities into people and communicate with them directly? And-- can you just do it by talking to any ordinary person (like talk to them in such a way to awaken this deity)?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
No.

In order to communicate with a deity, you have to first show that there is one, i.e. detect it in some way.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Anyways,

Here is a serious answer.

You cannot use channeling, etc to talk to God. However, you can use it to talk to dead people, I.E. "spirits", it's called "Necromancy".

It is possible, but it is also absolutely forbidden.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay but that wouldn't stop me from talking to the God, or in my case, the Goddess in another way would it? I am following the Hindu religion right now and I believe it believes that God/the Goddess speaks through us.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Okay but that wouldn't stop me from talking to the God

Christians call talking to God "prayer".

or in my case, the Goddess in another way would it?

There is no "GodESS" in Christianity.

I am following the Hindu religion right now and I believe it believes that God/the Goddess speaks through us.

ahhh...

I don't know about hypnosis and Hinduism.

I only know about the Bible.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay but that wouldn't stop me from talking to the God, or in my case, the Goddess in another way would it? I am following the Hindu religion right now and I believe it believes that God/the Goddess speaks through us.

You'll be talking to a demon, the spirit of a fallen angel. A liar, and a deceiver.

God has forbidden it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

When God talks to you we call it Paranoid Schizophrenia.

What deity are you trying to communicate with??

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

What deity are you trying to communicate with??

Has there been any other time in recorded history where Paranoid Schizophrenia dealing with the same "alter ego" has been experienced by 40 some people over a span of 1,500 years?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Do you mean channelling?

There is so many books written by people who share 'channelled' information from their guides, spirit beings. If the amount of literature is anything to go by, I would tend to think there is something to it.

I have just finished reading a book about Crowley and much of his work relied upon him being used as the vessel.

It is interesting but I tend to take it with a pinch of salt. So much channelled information is at best, heretic.

cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Anyways,

LOL, that made my day, thanks!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentGem

Anyways,

LOL, that made my day, thanks!

You're quite the master of appeal to ridicule fallacies huh?

Stop trolling.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Stop trolling.

Ridiculous statements deserve nothing more than ridicule.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm curious... like could you talk to someone in such a way and awaken a deity within them? Like would you be able to do it through hypnosis? I know there are claims that people can call forth unbelievable powers when they do hypnosis but like is it possible to use hypnosis to bring deities into people and communicate with them directly? And-- can you just do it by talking to any ordinary person (like talk to them in such a way to awaken this deity)?

Bad bad idea. If you are that bored, try volunteering one day a week at a homeless shelter or some weekend time with groups who help disabled and senior citizens with home cleanup and minor repair. It will be a lot more satisfying and you won't end up hearing voices. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentGem

Stop trolling.

Ridiculous statements deserve nothing more than ridicule.

Now you're using an appeal to authority fallacy.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
P.S. SilentGem:

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith. Are Christians required to keep all of the 10 Commandments including the Sabbath day? Are the teachings of Mohammed peaceful, a beneficial for people today? Do Mormons really believe in polygamy? Do all Buddhist monks have flashbacks before battle? We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not.

If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being. Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

"ALL MEMBERS READ" (including you...member)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

[edit on 9/5/0808 by Dirty Vegas]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Anyways,

You cannot use channeling, etc to talk to God. However, you can use it to talk to dead people, I.E. "spirits", it's called "Necromancy".

It is possible, but it is also absolutely forbidden.

Good answer and I agree .

top topics

join