It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We,come from Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Have anyone thought that we're the progeny of Marsman?Their planet destroyed,and flow to Earth.Maybe UFO is theirs spaceship

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
why not say it about venus? venus has an atmosphere, it's just the severe end of the greenhouse effect. plus it's in the lifezone of the solar system. i think it would make more sense to have come from there, and we destroyed the planet with smog and all that crap.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Yeah people are so tunnel visioned about life on mars they forgot venus. I mean venus is much more similar to earth than mars. We should be investigating venus not mars in my opinion. Also were not aliens from mars or venus we're all descendents from bacteria on a comet

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure how many of you out there are familiar with the works of Aleister Crowley, but I've been reading through a bunch of his writings (I've been downloading them), and the one(s) in which he speaks about the sunken city of Atlantis deal with just this same subject.

If anyone's interested in actually reading the document, I'd be happy to post most/all of it, or send it via email or AIM, let me know.

But... In the Atlantis document, Crowley explains that the Atlanteans approach to religion was that they believed that it was their duty to master the elements and environment of the planet that they were on; at which time they would be able to progress to the next-closest planet to the sun.

Another noteworthy element I recall from the doc was that Crowley claimed the Atlanteans kept a huge pit that was full of man-sized reptiles, in which any of the weak or infirm were cast down into.

* Aleister Crowley, at the beginning of the document, claimed that he had 'channeled' back into that time, and in the document he addresses nearly every aspect of Atlantean life-- from day to day activities, to descriptions of the land, to their caste structure and Priests, etc.

Gah, I just realized that I don't have the document here on my system ATM, but if anyone displays some interest, I'd be glad to hunt it down and attempt to quote it...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess whats funny about Atlantis, is it is only mentioned once by Platu (sorry for the spelling) and all of a sudden people know how they lived. I guess a few thosand years of Mystery will do that

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
ShiftTrio - You are correct, Plato did start the entire thing-- and even then, if you read that text, the conversation in which he and his friends spoke on the subject, Atlantis appears as a theoretical society; a near-perfect society with few flaws (granted they must have been major flaws)-- Plato spoke of it in highly hypothetical sense.

Now, getting to what I originally made this post for, quoting "Atlantis" by Aleister Crowley :

Others thought that the Lemurians had succeeded in their magical task, and broken their temple. In any case, it was the secret Lemurian tradition that they themselves represented the survivals of a yet earlier race who lived on ice, and they of yet another who lived in fire, and they again of earlier colonists from Mars.
The theory, in fine, was that the aim of man is to attain the Sun, whence, according to one school of cosmology, he was exiled in the cosmic catastrophe which resulted in the formation of Neptune. His task on any given planet was therefore to overturn
the laws of Nature on that planet, thus mastering it sufficiently to enable him to make the leap to the next planet inward. Exactly how and in what sense the leap was made remains obscure, even to the heirs of Atlantis.*

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cappa
Another noteworthy element I recall from the doc was that Crowley claimed the Atlanteans kept a huge pit that was full of man-sized reptiles, in which any of the weak or infirm were cast down into.

I saw an old gator pit at 'Possum Kingdom Lake when I was a kid. Probably illegal to put undproductive people down there though.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Yeah people are so tunnel visioned about life on mars they forgot venus. I mean venus is much more similar to earth than mars. We should be investigating venus not mars in my opinion. Also were not aliens from mars or venus we're all descendents from bacteria on a comet

We were created by God!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
it's old (2002) but here's an article about possible life on venus

www.newscientist.com...

The acidic clouds of Venus could in fact be hiding life. Unlikely as it sounds, the presence of microbes could neatly explain several mysterious observations of the planet's atmosphere

Q

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have entertained the Mars origin notion. It does have a few things going for it, IMHO.

Say we populated the whole planet, at a high technological level. Used up the available resources (i.e. water, metals, etc.) and split because we wrecked the place. (True to human form!
) What would be left, milennia later? A dry planet with lots and lots of carbon dioxide and rust (from all the metals used by the technological society). Under these hostile conditions, all evidence of civilization would've been wiped pretty clean by now. They say Mars was definitely warmer and wetter, and likely with a thicker atmosphere to boot. Sounds pretty cozy. Of course, they say it was much longer ago, but who knows? We're just starting to learn about the place.

Then you look back at the origins of 'modern' man. True, the primate fossil record is pretty compelling, but there's still always the 'missing link' that we can't find. So many cultures have legends of a superior 'other' race preceeding us. We find ancient works that we can't fully explain how such 'primitives' could've constructed. A funny analogy is Doulas Adams' bit about the Golgafrinchians crashing on ancient Earth
). Mankind has been around for so many thousands of years...yet we only 'got smart' in the last couple centuries? (That last one really bugs me--Mars theory notwithstanding. Topic for another thread, however...)

Venus too is interesting. Most Earthlike...except for whatever big calamity screwed things up so bad. Something HUGE hit that thing sometime in the past and made the whole planet FUBAR. Knocked it hard enough to make the whole planet spin backwards on it's axis...so much so that it's not even righted itself yet. The entire surface has been REsurfaced. A 'nuclear winter' looks like a spring shower compared to the aftereffects that are still going on there. Boiling clouds, liquid metallic rain...Venus is certainly no place to be now. But who knows way back when? The hypothesis on the possible airborne bacterial life is pretty good as well. If anything were to survive a calamity like that, what would it be forced to evolve into? (Again, see Douglas Adams' bit about the planet Frogstar 4(?), where all the people evolved into birds so their feet would never touch the ground again after the "shoe event horizon"
)

Interesting speculation, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

We were created by God!

That's one view, but not the only one, to be sure.

I'm sure that many of us have different takes, but considering the information we have now, it would be difficult to trace the origins of humanity with any real certainty. Clear-cut, black-and-white answers are few and far between in pre-history. I'm sure that as we travel throughout the solar system and possibly even eventually the galaxy, we'll unravel more and more of the mysteries of the world.

Perhaps the truth lies on Mars or Venus, or perhaps it will be found in the new-found object that lies beyond Pluto.

I suppose that only time will tell.

JD

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q

Say we populated the whole planet, at a high technological level. Used up the available resources (i.e. water, metals, etc.) and split because we wrecked the place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your post is exactly what I have thought since as long as I could remember. To me it made perfect sense to explain the lifeless planets arounds us.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

We were created by God!

You can't prove that.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've thought a few times what if our ancestors came from Mars? For one thing if NASA discovered real structures on Mars, I believe they would censor it from public view since they are required by US law to do so if the government insists. I guess if people got the live data back uncensored we could trust that info.

Let's see if I remember correctly someone stated that the human cycle biorythym or whatever is 24.6 hours like a martian day not Earth's 24 hour cycle.

If humans did live on Mars we probably decimated the planet in true human fashion leaving almost nothing but dust, hazardous substances, microbes, and other deadly dangerous artifacts. How would you like to be an astronaut going to an extremely advanced war zone with primitive equipment? How would you like this material being brought back to Earth? This has probably already happened through meteorite or asteroid impacts though. Some scientists I believe even stated that life could have started on Mars (microbes etc.), then an asteroid could have hit Mars and landed the material on Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I forgot to mention if NASA discovered real signs of structures or "buildings or ruins" on Mars, then I believe it would likely be censored so that the US would not have to share any intelligence of whatever is up there. It makes perfectly logical sense to keep secrets to yourself if you're paying the bill and not paying the bill for the advancement of all.

Comment: We can always hope that an alien martian will come out to play with a rover live and uncensored but after such a display of martian nudity, I'm sure live data will get tape delayed and censored.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

We were created by God!

You can't prove that.

I can

Read the bible

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We could've always come from earth. I've read of Ancient Hindu stories that talk about flying vehicles called vahimas (I think) that could travel outside the earths atmosphere. Maybe they had some sort of massive mining operation there that destroyed the environment completely. Mars I don't know about. Maybe something happened there that ripped the atmosphere away, and it could'nt recover fast enough leaving nothing behind to replenish it.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe there were cities/civilizations on Mars, but it might take a different twist than some have speculated:

arwensoracle.tripod.com...

top topics

join