It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin owes the American people an apology!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In '06 if you made more than the median income, $43,460, that puts you in a group that paid 97% of all income tax revenue to the fed gov in '06.

The top 10% paid in 70%...I am fine with this...for now.

And the bottom 50% are complaining about the 3%?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by Evisscerator

1. Palin did not start hurling insults ... Obama and Biden did.

I watched both conventions. What insults are you referring to?

Last week, just as soon as McCain introduced Gov. Palin to the public as his running mate for the VP slot, Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden made statements to the press regarding her qualifications. It was all over the news all weekend long before the RNC on Monday.

For the record, I am an independent and I am a conservative. I won't be voting in this election because there is no one running that I am confortable using my vote on. However, the way the DNC and its surrogates treated Gov. Palin was immoral and irresponsible. That is how I see it.

And yes, Gov. Palin is HOT HOT HOT !!!!!

She is a breath of fresh air to these old eyes.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Evisscerator]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Commenting about her lack of experience is not an insult. This is what I've tried to explain. There is a stark difference between commenting with factual backed up information and then pulling it of a hat (not hat, but you get the picture)...or worse, belittling public service, something we could use a lot more of.

but anyway, what was the insult? Or was it just pointing out the obvious?

Has she came out of hiding yet? Talk about hit and run!

[edit on 7-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

her lack of experience? ha ha!

barack sure knows how to shoot himself in the foot...

he claims he has experience because he is running a pres campaign!

he has experience to be the president because he is running for president?

i'm tickled...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Did anyone see the Gibson interview with her? What a pony show. She didn't answer anything he asked...oh she answered, but it was just like listening to a rep from the public relations department. You know where they say a bunch of big words strung together and make a lot of noise, but in the end no deep meaning is present in anything said. Yep, that was the Palin interview. A lot of words, but no direct answers. And she has yet to apologise for her jades and slights of those who work to help others help themselves.

If you haven't left the Republican party yet, maybe it's time you considered doing so. I did back in the 90's and it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
... he claims he has experience because he is running a pres campaign!

he has experience to be the president because he is running for president? ...

Can he pull this off and fool 120 million voters?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Hey, if a said candidate doesn't possess certain qualifications that's fair game for discussion and belongs in the arena especially with McCain's history of cancer, and his age of 72, she could be thrust into office at any time and so this is definitely in the interest of the nation to talk about. I always thought an insult was to call someone a name, or to disrespect the person but to call someone out on something that they said that was false, or to point out deficiencies in someone's resume' isn't really an insult. However, I do think it was insulting for that woman and Guiliani to use the tone and body language to belittle Barack's work in the mostly black and poor inner city which is something we need more of and also speaks to his grass roots community oriented and down to the people's level resume' background and at the same time totally ignore his work in graduate school and his work as a constitutional lawyer, or his several terms as a State legislature and then a US senator (then to add insult to injury she goes on to say he didn't do anything; I think she said "nadda, ziltch" but I may be mistaken...when you do a search come to find out he did quite a lot so that's a bold face lie and rubs salt in the wound having just insulted his work with the poor)...to me, having done a lot of community service work, I can say this was incredibly insulting considering where it came from, how it was delivered, and received and used almost as if it were part of stand up comedy. So we have two different things here in my opinion, but then I’m bias, having gone to graduate school at University, worked in the community, and being progressive.

Finally I also wanted to comment on yours and other people's remarks on here that are blatantly sexist. Stop it! It wouldn't be appropriate on the job or in a professional setting (which is what she is running for) and it's crass on here...but typical I suppose. Will we as a people ever change? Women have come so far with the war on sexual harassment and sexism to have this stuff thrown in our faces...and even if it were a beauty pageant...never mind, it makes me sick to my stomach to even have to address this issue. It's 2008, you'd think we would have surpassed this sort of thing by now and matured a bit.

this election if you look at the map drips of sexism and racism and if one who looks at it (realclearpolitics.com for the electoral map) it's pretty obvious. The bible belt and the bubba vote as it is called. Human behavior and cognition sure is interesting; for that matter so is corruption and deception as it plays out...watch the map!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Edit: Because I got warned for "political trolling".

Moving on...

Let me re-phrase if I must?

Palin is just as unethical as Cheney. I think she needs to be held accountable for her lies and actions as does her party.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Palin is just as unethical as Cheney. I think she needs to be held accountable for her lies and actions as does her party.

You know, I was thinking that same thing this evening when I was driving home and heard on the radio that she is not going to cooperate with the investigation on her hiring and firing practices up at the Last Frontier. That's something that has always bothered me about Cheney, and well, Rove too, they don't cooperate, they refuse to show up when subpoenaed, they rarely talk to the press and thus the American people, and are very secretive. This is yet another thing that tells me if we get her (McCain who?) it's really going to be business as usual up there on the hill and we really do need a return to ethics (if there ever has been any in WDC) and openness.

Now what if you or I refused to cooperate with authorities in an investigation? I can't believe the arrogance that some of these folks have. They are servants of the people, but they act like zoo keepers and we're all a bunch of monkeys.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I agree with everything you said skyshow.

Now what if you or I refused to cooperate with authorities in an investigation?

People would probably be assuming we are guilty. The Palin defenders are now trying to paint this as a biased investigation, I think this is because there is quite the indication that she is guilty and they are coming up with some way to defend her already.

This is really disturbing to me. I don’t want someone in the White House who has implied desires to go to war with Iran to be not held accountable for her actions, and defended instinctively by people. We certainly don’t need that again and it is happening already.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join