It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin owes the American people an apology!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

What I'll never understand is the idea of an "undecided voter". What does that mean?
So I have no idea what makes these people "decide". Maybe it is a whole bunch of nothing and rah rah stuff. You tell me.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]
Then you will never understand being non partisan. Meaning, you have pre described notions that you won't let go of. You are either on this side or the other void of actual clear thought.

I did not mean to single you out, but this post gave me pause. Being an individual means having your own ideas rather than group think.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by jamie83

Jamie please, I don't even care about Palin or Obama right now.
Just call it wrong, no qualifiers, let's move on.
At least that's what I'm doing.

Guliani was wrong.
Palin was not.

That's how I see it if you want to keep things black and white.

If you want shades of gray, Palin should have found a way to make the same point and been more respectful to community organizers.

But what was REALLY REALLY wrong imo was the crowd's reaction to Guiliani's snarky comment. They made me cringe. Who are they to mock Obama being a community organizer?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Republicans do not want a strong government.
Republicans do not want higher taxes.
Republicans state they believe you should work for what ou have.
Republicans want a strong military

Did you know that MLK was a republican? You know, the one that had a dream. The one who wanted to continue to free the world jsut as the republicans did to end slavery. The left is scared and is taking shots everywhere they can.

Fact is, if Barack Obama was white, he would not be where he is right now. No way, no how. It would not have happened, because at the end of the day there is the race card to play, and to hide behind wiht each on of the 'bloggers' that Obama cannot control decides to attack a normal American family. One who works through difficulty and does not complain, blame and and for someone else to help....that is for the left.

Barack Obama owes the US an apology for putting down middle America, the ones who's sons and daughters made the surge he opposed work in Iraq. Maybe hge needs to head back to the streets and solve some issues there since this article reveals how well he has helped to run that city...

link

Palin opposed big oil.
She opposed pork spending
She cleaned up the corruption in her house.

I for one will cast my vote with a clear conscious. God Bless us....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tmbandt

You are inferring the wrong thing from what you quoted.
You are pointing to me as opposed to the situation I am pointing to.
Our choices in this election a slim, they always are in what is for all practical purposes a two party system. Most of us are too complex as individuals in our values, in our ideals, and in our hearts to fit into those restricted parameters. Thus we weigh issues, deliberate, and even debate, through the course of our lives. We all grow this way.

The "undecided voter" I am unfamiliar with is just a person who doesn't do that. That's all. I just don't relate to that and I was just pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Americans owe no apology to ameriKans.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I sincerely apologize If I misinterpreted your post, and I now understand what you meant.

If I were to wager, the folks you speak of as "undecided" are actually non political. They tend to stay away from this type of stuff. Their daily lives are what encompass their thoughts and the politics of this country are thousands of miles away.

Again, Sorry for misreading your post.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmbandt

I sincerely apologize If I misinterpreted your post, and I now understand what you meant.

If I were to wager, the folks you speak of as "undecided" are actually non political. They tend to stay away from this type of stuff. Their daily lives are what encompass their thoughts and the politics of this country are thousands of miles away.

Again, Sorry for misreading your post.

There's honestly no need to apologize. Much gets lost when I read as well cause we can't hear the tone of each other's voices.

And you are correct in what you say.

My problem is really with myself. I watch these people on tv talk to us like we're idiots and my frustration rises and I vent it here. I imagine that happens a lot of ATS.

Anyway, it's all good now.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Are you guys really serious?

Obamas experience is up for scrutiny, no different than Palins family, no?

Just FYI, if you ever worked as a community activist you would know this type of thing would not bother one, because there not there for themselves. Its about community, others the public and Palin just pushed the public behind the the small community activist by using the very same sensitivities displayed here.

So wine away...but I got no cheese for ya

[edit on 4-9-2008 by mhc_70]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
Palin owes the American people an apology!

----->>>> Hey Palin: Community building is a noble cause!!! Ever been to South Chicago? Anyone who graduates law school from an Ivy League institution and goes to somewhere like that to roll up sleeves and get to work doing good rather than take the cushy and plush well paying Wall street job is a true American hero, and a hero to me. I find your comments rather insulting to say the least and certainly not representative of "the people". What "people" is it you're talking about exactly? You owe the hundreds of thousands of social workers, psychologists and other community builders and workers one huge apology, but even more, you owe millions of Americans one!

Could it have anything to do with...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by skyshow]

So, in an attempt to figure out WTF you are saying, are you trying to imply that because she used the phrase "community organizer" that she's racist against blacks???

That's about ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
All you've got to do is turn on the TV machine and tune into the RNC and notice the basically all white republican party with the camera crew feverishly working to not show the same black person over and over again! Difficult I know!
But ofcourse they aren't racists or elitists just regular white folks!

I loved it yesterday when they played Sly and the Family Stone's "Everyday People" during one of the breaks.
They actually deleted:
There is the yellow one who won't accept the black one
That won't accept the red one that won't accept the white one etc etc...

Can you believe that??? Now why in the world would they delete those lyrics???

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Shut the # up douchebag

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
They deleted the lyric because someone called the ACLU to complain and they had it removed.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

They talked about helping powerless people join forces to demand better schools and safer streets, often by working through churches.

Isnty this exactly how I described a "community organiser" earlier?

reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Why yes it was.

Originally posted by maybereal11

The GOP is a strong proponent of people "pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps" while portraying the Democratic party as a party that is looking for government handouts.

Well Obama worked as a community organizer trying to teach and help those impovershed americans "pull themselves up by their own bootstraps"..

Since when is getting people together to get money from the government "pulling oneself up by ones bootstraps"? The job of a community organiser ios to organise partisan voters and proterstors in order to force a government or corporation to give somehting of value to those organised. How is that in any way shape or form "self reliance"?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
They deleted the lyric because someone called the ACLU to complain and they had it removed.

I think there is a joke in there but I am not getting it...you're reaching???

Seriously do you think the Republican party represents the diversity of the US. Wait wait ofcourse you do what was I thinking duh.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hey guys I just posted an Obama vs McCain thread to be used like the georgia war thread for all the election debate

the entire forum is covered in the election and... it really is weak for ATS

Could you all please let these die and switch to using that thread instead of posting in 100 different ones?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by Bunch

Yes to say nothing about the folks who have fallen through the cracks and been shoved back to the back of line, and not just in South Chicago, but in major cities and all over the country everywhere!

It wasn't just a chance thing, I heard her say it at least twice in the speech. I tell you my jaw dropped, and my stomach got real sour. That was horribly insensitive, mean, and completely uncalled for. Definitely not Presidential or VP or whatever...you can't say things like that and be in charge of our Diverse nation. Such an insult, even if not intended, it was disgusting and very distasteful. To me it was arrogant and rubbes salt in the bleeding wound. Building communities is one of the most needed endeavor's in this nation, and she is so in over her head and out to lunch. She has no idea what the hell she is doing and that speech totally proves it. Any other politician worth their salt would have seen that stupid Rovian comment inserted in the script ahead of time and said "uh uh, no way" but not her, she obviously felt it was just fine because she has no clue about the real world or any of these communities in distress and need.

I'm still sick with the memories of that god awful speech.

Then you completely missed the point. But I am not surprised. Barack Obama, throughout his career has always been style over substance. He was a community organizer...who does not seem to remember much of what he was involved with. He was a state senator, when his favorite vote on any issue that might force him to take a position...was "present". Not yes, not no, but "Present". I would have rather seen John Dingell or John Conyers run over ole Barry.

When you compare "executive" qualities and experience, Sarah Palin outshines Barack Obama by far.

Race has nothing to do with it....get over the chip on your shoulder. If you TRULY want to help the people who "fall through" the cracks, then you will vote for someone who thinks that giving a hand up, rather than a handout, is a better way to help, and in this election, that would be John McCain and Sarah Palin. Sending more and more money to Washington DC, will only cause more people to fall through the cracks. Time and again, when you let the people keep their money (well at least for those of conservative beliefs), they give it to charities and organizations in their hometowns...to better take care of the people that need it. If I give 100 dollars to a food bank here, I know that 95 dollars of it will get to a person who needs help. If I give 100 dollars to the federal government, that same person, will be lucky to see 25 dollars of it, thats an unobjective fact.

Next time, when you see politicians release their tax returns, pay attention. Ninety five percent of the time, you will find its Republicans who give the most to charities. Liberals dont give to charity...they expect the bloated, inefficient federal government to take care of it.

Then come back and tell me, who really cares about the poor...those who would rather send off money to be sucked away into bureaucracy..or those who would rather ensure that the people who live in their state/town get taken care of and give locally.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sarcasm is a fantastic friend, as well as an open mind. I think the Democrats made a big mistake with Biden. This is a chess game and it is getting down to 'check' being called out for one side or the other.

The republican party was created to be anti establishment. Was Reagan an oil man????

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'm still an undecided voter - nothing has yet been monumental enough to sway me either way; and I'm a registered Republican.

I don't want to vote for McCain/Palin because I'm not a McCain supporter and Palin makes me ill on so many levels I can't begin to go into them all. On the other hand, I don't like Biden and Obama so far as just managed to leave me wanting more answers.

For a lot of people like me (and there are many), this is the toughest election I've ever had the privledge of voting in.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Artista

What is it that makes you ill? The fact that she is a successful woman? The fact that she's a member of the NRA? Or the fact that she believes that ALL children deserve a chance at life, no matter what the circumstances of their conception?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's been almost a year or two since I've last replied on ATSNN and have been watching this thread today. I'm probably going to vote for Obama for sure and don't appreciate what Palin and McCain are doing especially in light of that speech in particular.

Palin is being used as a puppet.

What most people are overlooking is the fact that Palin's husband works for BIG OIL.

That alone should be extremely obvious of Palin as a Trojan Horse for Big Oil to manipulate the White House through her husband.

That alone should get you all thinking twice before voting for the GOP for the 3rd straight time in a row. They're counting on bunch of Dumbos voting for the "Dumbo" party.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join