It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin owes the American people an apology!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Palin owes the American people an apology!

----->>>> Hey Palin: Community building is a noble cause!!! Ever been to South Chicago? Anyone who graduates law school from an Ivy League institution and goes to somewhere like that to roll up sleeves and get to work doing good rather than take the cushy and plush well paying Wall street job is a true American hero, and a hero to me. I find your comments rather insulting to say the least and certainly not representative of "the people". What "people" is it you're talking about exactly? You owe the hundreds of thousands of social workers, psychologists and other community builders and workers one huge apology, but even more, you owe millions of Americans one!

Could it have anything to do with...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I notice that comment too but at first didnt pay much attention to it, because I think she was using it the context of qualifications for president or VP.

But I do get your point on how the comment might not sit well with the men and women that perform those duties on a daily basis. Additionaly it detracts from the main point that she was trying to make that Obama is an elitist.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Yes to say nothing about the folks who have fallen through the cracks and been shoved back to the back of line, and not just in South Chicago, but in major cities and all over the country everywhere!

It wasn't just a chance thing, I heard her say it at least twice in the speech. I tell you my jaw dropped, and my stomach got real sour. That was horribly insensitive, mean, and completely uncalled for. Definitely not Presidential or VP or whatever...you can't say things like that and be in charge of our Diverse nation. Such an insult, even if not intended, it was disgusting and very distasteful. To me it was arrogant and rubbes salt in the bleeding wound. Building communities is one of the most needed endeavor's in this nation, and she is so in over her head and out to lunch. She has no idea what the hell she is doing and that speech totally proves it. Any other politician worth their salt would have seen that stupid Rovian comment inserted in the script ahead of time and said "uh uh, no way" but not her, she obviously felt it was just fine because she has no clue about the real world or any of these communities in distress and need.

I'm still sick with the memories of that god awful speech.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
No, no. Governor Palin isn't of the intelligence to have crafted such a poisonous barb on her own. New York City mayor Giuliani is responsible, however, for an apology to the people. His speech was the greatest display of arrogance out of a national leader to appear in public. It was disgusting to see a man of such reputability, one whose own domain is in the most important of American cities, to assemble such an invalidating affront.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by cognoscente]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

You know, the whole republican crew here are giddy in their forums tonight. They heard exactly what they wanted to hear, the hateful crap they spew on ATS everyday. They truly in their hearts believe that tonight nothing can stop them.

I suspect that when the cold reality of the morning rolls in, they will realize that most of the country feels like the OP. This was nothing more that a frat party with suits and prostates. The tone, the bitterness, the childishness, the high school putdowns. That is not good. It's like they used their inside voice on the outside. And not talking about any issue is beyond belief.

They're going to be very confused at the people's reaction tomorrow. Then they'll tell them why they're wrong.

Many many people will be put off by this.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Yeah, he took nastiness and negativity to a new level...heavy on the personality assasination and light on the issues.

Another sad part about when Palin insulted so many millions of us with her cheap shot was the clapping cheering her on while she leveled the insult! I can't believe somone running on the Presidential ticket in the year 2008 would say such a thing! Even worse is the minions who apparently agree with it. What a shame.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I couldnt agree more!! And I express this in another thread this way: How the GOP and McCain staff would allow Rudy Giuliani to give that HORRIBLE speech just before Gov.Palin gave hers?

Giuliani speech is the kind of speech that you put at 10 a.m. when no one is listening, but just imagine the amount of independants, moderates and undecided that just turn of the TV to watch Sarah Palin for the first time and they had to watch that abomination of a speech. Honestly he look like a drunk rambler at a bar.

They should have put former Gov. Huckabee instead.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Imagine watching the RNC tonight:

Imagine if you're a mother of a child in Iraq.
Imagine you are packing to move out of your foreclosed house.
Imagine (knock on wood) that you are seriously ill.
Imagine if you can't afford to fill up your car
Imagine if your kids are getting a poor education.
Imagine you are 16 and pregnant.
Imagine
Imagine, imagine...

And the people said:

"drill baby drill" and "usa usa usa"

It's actually making me angry now, on my bleeding birthday to boot.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You know, the whole republican crew here are giddy in their forums tonight. They heard exactly what they wanted to hear, the hateful crap they spew on ATS everyday. They truly in their hearts believe that tonight nothing can stop them.

I suspect that when the cold reality of the morning rolls in, they will realize that most of the country feels like the OP. This was nothing more that a frat party with suits and prostates. The tone, the bitterness, the childishness, the high school putdowns. That is not good. It's like they used their inside voice on the outside. And not talking about any issue is beyond belief.

They're going to be very confused at the people's reaction tomorrow. Then they'll tell them why they're wrong.

Many many people will be put off by this.

Agreed.
I was sickened by the crap the RNC spouted out. My jaw dropped so many times I think I need a dentist! Reminded me of a Hitler/Nazi Rally with all the minions of sheep clapping along.
I believe as you, and the OP do.. That Last night was nothing but hate filled and childish. My family feels the same. And we aren't even Dem or Rep!

The Republicans messed up on so many different levels, it's not even funny.

Again, I'm neither Rep or Dem.. But last night shows how evil republicans can be. And how they are basically running a campaign on the basis of "Mob Mentality".

It's night and day the difference between the two conventions. The dems convention talked about their platform - and provided substance. And only minimally threw out "attacks".. Whilst the Reps did the opposite -- almost all attacks with VERY LITTLE substance. As an impartial observer, with no agenda (no ties to either party), it was crystal clear to me what was going on! What do you think the majority of Americans think about it? I guarantee it's not going to be pretty for the republicans.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

What are you talking about? This quote?

I guess, I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities.”

So a "community organizer" is responsible to him or her self and his employer. The small town mayor is responsible for all the citizens of the town, in this case Wasilla. That seems like a big difference. How could you get upset about that? Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
You know, I've been on ATS for just a few months. I read through some of the conspiracy or UFO threads and they are fascinating to me. I learn a lot about people by observing that way, that I normally never would, because my own brain doesn't reason that way. And there's some far out stuff flying around.

What I'll never understand is the idea of an "undecided voter". What does that mean?
So I have no idea what makes these people "decide". Maybe it is a whole bunch of nothing and rah rah stuff. You tell me.

Can anyone watch this thing tonight and say: "That clinched it for me! I wasn't sure till Guliani spoke, Hooo I like the teacher and the desk story by Huckabee, Haaaa did you see how she zinged Obama and social workers ?"

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Oh come on!!!! Give me a break. She used that multiple times, and the voice inflection and body languange and response by the croud meant one thing...Slur...insult...jab...diggs...put down... it was dirty and disgusting, and insulting to everyone who works in places like South Chicago wich is what she was refering to as Obama whent to work there following graduating from law school at an Ivy league rather than going directly to work the cash cow on Wall street like all good rich elite folks do...it insults the work, the desire to improve America, and the good folks who endure living in a world passed by the wealthy elites...he and all who do this work need to be honored not spit on and used as props for her GOP headlining speech for VP.

Are you kidding me? You didn't notice? Hell every time she said it everyone roared and cheered in support of such biggotry. Totally disgusting and not at all Presidential. Then she says she will work for us and represents "the people". What "people" is she talking about here?

God, it's so transparent. Groomed for the oil guys so they can get at untapped profits from protected federal lands...she flips everyone else the proverbial middle finger...There's no way in hell McCain picked this woman and if by chance he did, it's more confirmation he ain't fit to lead--clearly she aint either.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

HERE HERE the pompous Giuliani was a vile and UNAMERICAN spectacle if I have ever seen one.

The hypocrisy of that man is criminal. A putrid opportunist man without morality
or compunction.

And Palins high school attacks...

It seems she has tapped into to what is wrong with AMERICA if anything.
If BUSH is the decider Palin is the DIVIDER.

The worst part is that there is a market for this, I fear our country may be torn to pieces.

While OBAMA speaks of unity and cooperation.

The GOP slithers on divide and conquer,

Shame on them!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The One is so amazing, his Divintity so self evident, that now he can cannonise prefessions by association. Lo and hear me fellow mortals, the Great One himself once organisaed the communities of man, and by his holy writ, from this day henceforth, all those who organise a community shall share in the divintity of the One.

A "community organiser" is nothing but a low level cog in a political machine. Nothing more, nothing less. Its not some sanctified secular preisthood, or some great and noble profession. A community organiser gets people together to demand free crap from the government, or bitch about crap they dont like. Why am I not surprised however that liberals find this profession to be the epitomy and apotheosis of public service and nobility.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

I suggest for the purpose of discussion we ignore this person.
ITS goal is not to discuss, ITS goal is to bully and troll.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Skyshow, are you an Obama supporter? Just curious as I see your passion showing through on this. I am a non party voter, but I am curious as your inflections speak deeper.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Agreed.....
Plus, it's giving me flashbacks from last nights horrid RNC "presentation"
My jaw is STILL sore.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Palin seems to lie when near a mic.

She lied about her own record and about Obama in that speech.

btw - The mayors before her actually did the job themselves. She had to hire a City Manager full time to do the job for her. That had never happened before her.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by justme2

Agreed.....
Plus, it's giving me flashbacks from last nights horrid RNC "presentation"
My jaw is STILL sore.

Ignoring the people whose arguments you find inconvenient is such an old trick.
Would either of you likie to disagree that a "community organiser" is nothing more than a low level operative of a political machine? You know those cheery young people who knock on your door and ask if they can talk to you about your vote? Well the slightly older people who drive them to where the will knock are "community organisers" Now, what exactly about this poistion makes it so exalted?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Trolling and drilling, I think there's a chant in there somewhere?
Plus I assume when all your points are negative you don't physically exist.

I'm going through some of the reactions to Palin's speech on the web, two kinds of people: Orgasmic schoolgirls and a lot of people pissed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join