It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Heck is My Stimulus Check?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hello My Dear and Wonderful ATSers!

Hope I am posting this in the right place, but a check of the topics leaves me with the "Stimulus Check" reimbursement as a PROJECT, however misguided, of the GWB administration.

I am having a really hard time trying to get info on the status of my "stimulus" check.

I received a notice dated 6/30/08 saying I would get it by July 5 and to call or go online if I had not received it after six weeks from the date of the notice, but nothing so far.

Every time I go online I get a message that the system is down and to try again later. When I call the phone number I get a message saying that the volume of calls is too great and to try again.

What is going on here? I think the whole thing is a bunch of crap but I can use the $600 bucks.

Has anyone else experienced my problem? Any advice or want to share your experience?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My fiancé and I both didn't receive our stimulus packages. We technically should have qualified for these, so I'm not sure why we didn't receive anything. My sister in Chicago also has the same problem.

So it's pretty clear that the government's books are a bit off. I tell you, when it comes to taking my money every pay check, they account for every cent but when it comes to giving back to the people, they don't seem to care about being precise.

The best part is that when I went online to look at the status of my package, it said that it didn't have my social security number on record. So perhaps I'm a tax anomaly?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi

Sometimes they apply it to past tax years if you still owe on them,

also, a neighbor's son had his applied to past due child support,

sooo, either they're just running late with it, or they think you owe them in some way,

Hope it's not either of the first two above and it arrives soon,

STM

[edit on 9/4/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Thanks STM!

But I have already consulted my tax accountant and he said I should frame my letter from the IRS stating my account balance with them is zero.

In spite of all this, I thought the so-called stimulus was to go to all tax-payers who filed a return, regardless of anything else.

Maybe my big bad mistake.

Choke choke and puke-- they"ve got me by the throat again.

The Happy Taxpayer

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sylph hugger

Go here to see if you've received automatic payment...

sa1.www4.irs.gov...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I asked the same thing TODAY from my accountant.
He said I had to make more than I make, which is nothing.
I think you have to make/declare 10K minimum.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylph hugger
I am having a really hard time trying to get info on the status of my "stimulus" check.

I received a notice dated 6/30/08 saying I would get it by July 5 and to call or go online if I had not received it after six weeks from the date of the notice, but nothing so far.

Very scary. I just got my letter yesterday I'd be getting my stimulus check in 4 days. Now, I wonder if I will, or not. If you owe State taxes, they automatically apply it to that ... but, you'd think they'd tell us, at least, if they did that.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Muchas Gracias Gateway,

(BTW, love your avatar),

But I have aready tried this and get no reply other than to try again later.

Just can't believe I am the only ATSer with this problem!

Thanks so much for your response Gateway!

sylph

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sylph hugger

No problem...

And thank you, and as the man in the Avatar would probably say...

Don't ever thank the IRS for giving you back money they stole from you in the first place...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks SD, but I qualify for all the requirements for getting my 600 bucks. This whole thing just sucks. As does the whole GWB administartion...

sylph

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Hey Gateway,

All I can say is this:

And bless you for your replies!

Love,
sylph

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies! I regret that I need to go to bed now, will check back with you all later!

Still can't believe I am the only one on this site experiencing this...

Big hugs from sylph!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
ours was unbelievably late also and well, you said that the phone just had a message about the volume being too great.
unless you owe child support or income tax or whatever else they can hold onto it for, more than likely, you'll be getting it...sooner or later.
it's just like everything else the government does....a good idea (at least to some) that well......just wasn't thought through enough to realize just what kind of trouble would result while trying to carry it out.
heck for awhile our bank was about three days late posting everyday transactions. I kind of get the feeling that was because of the extra workload on the banking industry from all these checks.

then again.....they're republicans, are you democrat, can you think of anything you have done that might have ticked them off? could they have put your name on their blacklist? if so, then maybe your check went to one of their black ops projects and is now being used to murder innocent natives in brazil!! (only kidding, but well, this is ATS!! )

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks SD, but I qualify for all the requirements for getting my 600 bucks. This whole thing just sucks. As does the whole GWB administartion...

sylph

Well that just wonderful!

Glad I could help.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
its wonderful to help people aye

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

[...] I thought the so-called stimulus was to go to all tax-payers who filed a return, regardless of anything else.

the gov't is fast & loose with words... the impression they wanted to make is the $$ is a 'Stimulus' check, but it is only another
(early) Rebate of next years taxes you are expected to have withheld.

it must be 'earned income' not dividend income or rent income and such.

so all those layers of confusing BS which told the masses that portions of Social Security income/pensioners & disabled vets compensations (@ $300. max.) counts toward the rebate check ammount... was all bs, with the main intentionto just get the population hyped at the onset, knowing full well their disappointment would fade into one's memory hole just as the voting process got into full swing.

top topics

join