It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer - Official Theosophy Magazine.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Here are some links to the original Lucifer Theosophy magazine. All the good/bad bits are locked. Anyone have access to the originals?

books.google.com...
books.google.com...

Besides having a strange name (Lucifer), here are some of the strange articles

The uses of pain
Hypnotism
Lovers of lucifer
Genghis Khan, The romantic story of
Illumination

I Looked up lucifer on Books.google.com a few years ago and found article like "how to raise the devil" (Seriously). Some of the more controversial magazines have disappeared from Books.google.com completely.

I looked in the library and found some modern Theosophy magazines a few years ago and they were talking about "the blood sacrifice", and surrendering all power to "the master", and similar creepy wierd stuff. I looked again recently though and they seem to have changed their image, mostly just talking about yoga and crystals and other "spiritual" stuff.

Probably not long until this is all sweeped under the carpet completely, again has anyone read these original magazines? Let find out what we can before these references have dissapeared completely.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by StopComplaining]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by StopComplaining]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

Why not just join your local chapter/church of satan? I'm sure you'll get all the info you need from people who really don't know what they are doing or talking about to begin with. Lucifer and all other such names have been made up by humans with an active imagination and no shortage of hatred in their hearts. Anyone like that can come up with a story and sell it to weak minded individuals thoughout the world, just like every so called religion out there today.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe

Lucifer and all other such names have been made up by humans with an active imagination and no shortage of hatred in their hearts.

All words have been made up by humans. Lucifer is latin for morning star or bringer of light.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”--Albert Einstein

every human being has the capacity to have a bottomless pit of hatred or love or both.

fear is what leads eventually leads to hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

This need not be as the core of all fear, hatred, anger and ultimately war lies in that little missunderstood place called the mind.
Hence this place called the mind also chooses the beliefs that make it either a rudderless boat in an ocean of storms or a purposeful Schooner in a sea of tranquilty .
It is ones conscious choice of the state of ones mind which can choose either or.
Though ultimately we all may take a journey near or far, but alas we will all end up coming back to the centre of the being of the Universe of pure infinite love.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Why not just join your local chapter/church of satan? I'm sure you'll get all the info you need from people who really don't know what they are doing or talking about to begin with. Lucifer and all other such names have been made up by humans with an active imagination and no shortage of hatred in their hearts. Anyone like that can come up with a story and sell it to weak minded individuals thoughout the world, just like every so called religion out there today.

Sorry I should have clarified. I hate the Theosophical society and would never even consider joining. I am just worried because it has nowadays put out this Goody-Two-Shoes "Spiritual" Front. I just want to be able to show that the root of theosophy thing is Demented Luciferian NAZI Inspiring Witchcraft EVIL, In order to counter the fluffy nonsense that is served for public consumption.

I believe in the Bible but have not been prompted in spirit to join any Church or denomination. You will find Jesus is incredibly Anti-Religous if you read the Bible.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh and by the way Epsillion70 Mahattma Ghandi was involved in Theosophy.
The quote you have of him clearly demonstrates the subtlety of the original sin, which is doing right in your own eye, rather than doing that which God commands.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Theosophists have always been very prolific propagandists. I found an online archive of a few Lucifer back issues from the Canadian Theosophical Society; the current page is down (go figure!) but it is still available from Archive.org. Go here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080209203859/http://www.theosophical.ca/OnLineDocs.htm

Also available here, mirrored:

hpb.narod.ru...

So if you want to read them, this would be the place to start.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...

Product Description
The Lucifer Theosophical Magazine is designed to bring to light the hidden things of darkness. This volume contains the issues from March to August 1890. Sample contents: Astral in London; Ecclesiastical Christianity; Japanese Buddhism; Death of Subba Row; Egoity; The Atlanteans; Some of the Follies Connected with Spiritualism; Astrology as a Science; Mesmerism; Raising the Devil; Talismanic Magic; Vedantic Philosophy; Seven Eared Wheat; Pistis-Sophia; Letters of Lavater; Occult Side of Some Everyday Habits; Reincarnation; The True Brotherhood; and much more.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by StopComplaining]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Good link thanks Eleleth

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
www.amazon.com...

Raising the Devil

I quickly found that full issue for download from Google Books here:

Raising the Devil.

I HAD been looking in the crystal one evening for a long time without having a vision. Before I left off, I asked the spirit of the crystal, very earnestly, when I could have a vision, for it was so very wearisome to look and to anticipate, and then be disappointed. This message immediately came :—

" Procure a glass vessel a foot deep, flat inside, and six inches square ; fill it with water from a fish-pond ; let the neck of the vessel be sufficiently large to admit your three fingers. Cut the middle finger of your left hand, and having put a strip of paper round the outside of the middle of the bottle, write with the blood of the finger you have cut, this one name Paste this strip of paper round the bottle, and then insert the finger you have cut and two other fingers into the neck, and from it into the water let a drop of blood flow. If you do this, you will see and hear of that which will instruct you in spiritual knowledge, and aid you in all that you desire appertaining to the world."

Although I thought it could not be good, I did not desire anything evil, and I thought, foolishly, that I could hear, and see, and know what they said, without allowing them to influence me, or without for one moment surrendering myself to their possession. I would not do it again. It was not the power, but the knowledge that I sought. I was at the time in a house with a good many people in it, and, fearing that someone might interrupt me, I locked the door. Before I began I had been obliged to have the glass bottle made to the exact size, and I wrote the name on a vellum band and sealed it on. This I placed on the table, and very soon without any call—I used nothing more than the name on the bottle—the water began to change to a thick, dirty-red liquid, and from this there formed, as the water again became clearer, a spirit more like an animal than even a distorted human figure ;.it had a tail as long in proportion to its size as is the tail of a mouse to the rest of the animal, and it had peculiarly shaped horns. It increased in size so as to fill the entire bottle, the tips of the horns rising above the water in the neck of the bottle. When I saw its head coming above the water, I thought I should be able to prevent its getting any larger by putting a stopper on the top. I could not find anything to place over it at the moment but a book from the mantelpiece. The instant that I stepped across for the book, the horns of the spirit were visible to me above the bottle. Very quickly you may imagine I was back with the book. I am very strong—as strong, I believe, as most men—I can lift a couple of hundredweight, and now I had occasion to put my strength forth. I tried to press the book on the neck of the bottle with all my might, but I could not move it one inch. My hands and the book in them went up as easily as I could have lifted a baby's hands. I grew desperate. I tore the band off the bottle; I used exorcism. There was no fire in the room, and no light, or I would have immediately burned the band. I could not tear it, and I had no means of destroying it. The spirit all this time was gradually getting out of the bottle.

I could not think what to do. I took the bottle up, threw it down and broke it; the water of course ran all over the carpet, and I thought for a moment that I had got rid of the spirit, but I was mistaken, for from the water, as it lay on the floor, it rose again much larger than before.

I went to the door, but I was afraid to open it; then in an instant I thought he might be only visible to me and not to others, and that if I were with other people he would disappear from me, and I tried the door, but could not open it. I forgot that I had locked it. Again I used the form of dismissal and exorcism, but it was of no use. Having done this, I asked him what he wanted. He asked me to test his power by naming anything I desired, and said that if I found that he gave it me and if I would promise him obedience, he would do the same in all other things.

I resolutely told him that I would not—that had I known he was evil and could escape from the bottle I would not have called him; still he did not leave, and I then felt the place to be insufferable, so oppressive as to be almost suffocating. My eyes seemed to burn, I was getting giddy, and appeared to see instead of the one figure a thousand of all shapes and sizes. I still remained with my hand on the lock; the room became confused and dark for one instant only, then all was light, The evil spirit was gone, and I noticed that every drop of water was gone from the surface of the carpet, and that on the white ground which surrounded the pattern was a single red spot. Although unnerved whilst the spirit was present, I was not the least so the moment it was gone, and, on stooping to pick up the small pieces of bottle, I observed round the red spot a circle containing words. Even then, by an impulse I could not control, I was all on fire to know what those words were, and down on my knee,s I deciphered with much difficulty, " returns blood which is too white for a sacrifice". The red spot rose above the carpet, the words disappeared, and there only remained a little piece of cold congealed blood : this I removed. In an adjoining room I burnt the band which had been round the bottle, threw away the pieces of bottle, and determined to be more cautious in future.

F. Hockley, (in the Spiritualist of July 2, 1880).

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How can you say that Lucifer is the Morning Star when the Bible says this......

Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."?????

Maybe because of this in the Bible......

# Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

To me it sounds like in the end Jesus is the Morning star because Revelations is after Isaiah.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

just want to be able to show that the root of theosophy thing is Demented Luciferian NAZI Inspiring Witchcraft EVIL,

Actually, its root is in the overly-symbolic waffling of Blavatsky.
It's like trying to wade through a pea-soup fog for a long time, only to find that when the fog blows away, nothing of substance is left.

You won't find any real Luciferian magick within Theosophy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think the moral of the story is no one should mess around with Luciferian Magick.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar

How can you say that Lucifer is the Morning Star when the Bible says this......

Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."?????

Maybe because of this in the Bible......

# Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

To me it sounds like in the end Jesus is the Morning star because Revelations is after Isaiah.

Lucifer is actually the Son of the Morning in that verse. The NIV is a twisted, dilluted, inacurate account of scripture.

The KJV is the authoritive version of the Bible.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

My great uncle was a pretty big deal in Theosophy, and believe me, it has nothing to do with the garbage marketed as "Modern Satanism." Theosophy is far more nuanced and, in many ways, more sinister, than anything Lavey crapped out to meet a publishing deadline. It draws from innumerable influences, from sinister Western secret societies to ancient mystery cults to gnosticism to Persian sects that more/less overtly worshiped Devils.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

In the King James Bible it says as follows........

I Jesus have sent mine angle to testify unto these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.

Which is pretty much saying the same thing Jesus is the morning star.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by King Seesar]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar

Both verses i read to you were from the King James Bible tho.

In the year 400AD or so, the Pope commanded Jerome to make a translation of the bible into Latin, which would then be used as the only bible in churches (there were many translations at the time, and many things were getting MIStranslated, etc)

So Jerome did so. The translation he made became the Latin Vulgate bible, which was used for centuries in catholic churches.

In his translating of the old testament, in the Isaiah 14 passage, where you see the words (in other translations) O Morning Star..." he inserted the word Lucifer.

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Why he did this is unknown. But he did NOT do the same "lucifer" translation for the verse in 2 peter, which is talking blatantly about Christ.

2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Same wording, yet he translated the Isaiah one as Lucifer, giving it proper name status, and thus birthing a myth of a being named "Lucifer" who later became synonymous with Satan in the minds of the masses.

The king james 1611 version of the bible is translated FROM the latin vulgate.. and thus keeps the wordings that Jerome used. However, all other translations of the bible correct the error he inserted, and translate it properly.

So... in essence.. .there IS no being named "Lucifer" which is a demonic entity bent on destroying mankind, and ANY arguments which use him in their backing are moot to begin with.

Does that mean there is no Satan? Different argument for a different thread, but it certainly is obvious that Lucifer is NOT him, and it's all been a myth born of a mistranslation (intentional or not), creating a being for which there was no previous knowledge of before the ca. 400AD Jerome translation, the Latin Vulgate.

I guess that pretty much destroys ANYTHING the Theosophical Society has to say on the subject, hmm? As well as negating anyone who claims someone is putting forward a "Luciferian Agenda".

Edit : By the way, anyone who wishes to find proofs and more evidence regarding this situation, simply do a Google search for "Lucifer mistranslation". I dare you to shift your paradigm!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Jomina]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It is hard to judge Theosophy without having studied it, its doctrines and its prolific members. If you did that you will see a philosophy, with its thinkers and organizations, that went through different stages of evolution. The original Theosophy got blemished quite soon by Leadbeaterian theosophy, and his and (after a while also gone astray) Annie Besants shoving forward of Krishnamurti as the new messiah. But by then, in the 30s, the main goal of Theosophy had been reached: to bridge Western and Eastern thought. You could view Theosophy as dead after the 20s or 30s, some would see even the whole of 1900s. HPB's works gave a boost to spiritual and esoteric thinking in the West, and all spirituality of these days find their roots in her, and Alice Bailey's, work.
Yes, it's a shame tha nazis went and hijacked those ancient doctrines, revived by Theos. Society.

Olcott's and HPB's Theosophy originated in spiritism, something highly popular in those days (Theos. Soc. was established in 1875). The two even met while studying spiritistic cases, that of the Eddy's.

Lucifer was one of the first magazines of Theosophy, still quite focussed on and intruiged by spiritism. As you can see by the story with that odd title mentioned... Yes, it's a spiritistic story, and highly doubtful it's a really happened event.
Theosophy soon abolished the whole spiritistic stuff, and went more scientific, more philosophical. Studying the afterlife was the first stage in building a doctrine focussed on studying Life and its hidden laws in general. Sure some people still were indulging in the afterlife stuff, but should you judge a whole school of thought by some individuals in it?

There's nothing Satanic in Theosophy, no 'Luciferian Magick' as someone called it. About that name Lucifer, which Lucifer Trust because of the name's suggestion changed to Lucis Trust and is a NGO for the UN, maybe you should read the passages by HPB in The Secret Doctrine on that issue. You'll see there's nothing satanic suggested by Theosophy, and they treat Lucifer just as the 'fallen angel' he is. That 'devil' stuff is all made up by Christianity to scare you, you know that don't you? Lucifer or Sanat Kumara is the inhabiting life of our material planet. Father Nature so to speak, giving its consciousness to this globe, while Mother Earth is its elemental counterpart, just as our physical body can be viewed as one entity, and our consciousness as an other. You might call Lucifer 'evil' because its the wrong evolutionary way to go. But why judge about it? Where would you be without flesh to develop through?

So don't be to hasty with conclusions and judgements about something you don't know much about. And don't fall for titles of articles, or single words, without investigating how it's meant, and how it originated in what moment in time, in culture.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Richardus]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Richardus]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yea i reedited the one verse with the proper King James version of it.

The thing says it's Davids star but it came from the root of Jesus which means it stemed from him, i beleave Lucifer is Satan but the Morning Star is not the star of Lucifer it's at no worse the star of David but because Jesus was the root you could make the case it was the star of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lucifer is simply Latin for Venus or the morning star

The term Lucifer in fourth century Latin was a name for Venus, especially as the morning star. The Latin word Lucifer is composed of two words: lux, or in the genitive form used lucis, (meaning "light") and ferre, which means "to bear" or "to bring." So, the word Lucifer means bearer of light. The same word is used in other places in the Latin Vulgate to translate Hebrew terms that mean "bright," especially associated with the sky:

source

Satan is identified with Saturn in mythology.

From 'The Secret History of the World' by Mark Booth

While the result of the influence of Satan is that life is often hard to bear, it is as a result of the influence of Venus that life is often hard to understand...

In other words, delusion entered the world. Lucifer endowed matter with a glamour that would dazzle humankind and blind people to higher truths.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join