It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Triangle Formation Gilliland Ranch 01-09-08

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Apparently, NOSS satellites are separated by dozens of kilometers, at least. They appear closer together than they really are. They also orbit at different altitudes.

This is a puzzler. Differing orbital altitudes require differing orbital velocities (basic orbital mechanics; lower faster, higher slower). If they are at differing altitudes wouldn't they disperse? Presumably they have some maneuvering capability. I wonder what they use for propulsion. First generation has been up for over 20 years, second for over 10. I doubt they carried enough fuel for that period of time.
Very interesting!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage....IF they are TS satellites, then their maneuvering capabilities would be classified, of course. Best not to open that particular can of worms, I would think, lest you want MIBs knocking on your door.

I still maintain a possible, real sighting, of various man-made satellites that co-incidentally formed a triangle....and we must consider their height, and the angle of the Sun at the time of the sighting....the Lat/Long of the sighting, the time and the three satelites in question.

Were they, or were they not, in the 'umbra' (the shadow) of the Earth at the time, or were they high enough to still be illuminated by the Sun, and be observed by Humans on the nightside?

These are important points to consider.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

In addition, there are cases of individual satellites lagging behind its mates and falling out of formation. It has even been observed by amateur satellite hunters where a satellite has been thrusted back into position after falling out. Pretty neat.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

I've gotta see these guys!
How are they designated on Heavens Above? NOSS something or other?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This is a puzzler. Differing orbital altitudes require differing orbital velocities (basic orbital mechanics; lower faster, higher slower). If they are at differing altitudes wouldn't they disperse? Presumably they have some maneuvering capability. I wonder what they use for propulsion. First generation has been up for over 20 years, second for over 10. I doubt they carried enough fuel for that period of time.
Very interesting!

Well, the actual altitude differences aren't very great. I'm sure the eggheads can figure out all the orbital mechanics to keep it all together, most of the time anyway!

It's a couple years old but check out this chart to see orbital data for NOSS groups: calgary.rasc.ca...

Take a look at the NOSS 3 tables near the bottom. In these formations only two objects are satellites having nearly identical orbits, with the third object being the delivery vehicle still in formation in a different orbit.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I've gotta see these guys!
How are they designated on Heavens Above? NOSS something or other?

Yes. If you go to Heavens Above and do the "Select a satellite from the database" link on the front page and enter NOSS% into the Satellite Name field you will get a list of what they have.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Got it. Thanks!
Very dim. I'm not seeing any brighter than +6 for a while

I'll keep checking.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The most effective way to keep track of satellites is to get the daily orbital data published under the auspices of NORAD. You can find out more by going to the Space-Track Website.

You must register and await a couple of days for approval and a password.

Once you are in the loop, you can get information on around 8,000 satellites and space debris in Earth orbit. To plot the track of any particular object, the NORAD data must be used in a tracker program, which does the calculations and plots the orbit against the night sky or as a 3D Earth projection. Tracker programs will download the orbits automatically. You then just decide what to look for from the thousands available. The NOSS type multiple platforms are all there (except the secret ones).

There is a FREE tracker download available from the Yahoo Groups: Satellite-Tracker. You have to register and be confirmed as a member. I dare say there are other software packages available, but this is the one I use to drive my Meade LX200.
These trackers enable a GoTo telescope to follow any satellite in real time, so you can get enhanced viws of objects fainter then the eye can see.

The trio seen in the video is almost certainly of the military reconnaissance type and easily video'd using a tracker program. The camera in this particular movie appears to be manually controlled but it definitely not hand held. All the satellites in the NORAD listings are visible by eye or telescopically and are illuminated by reflected sunlight. Most are at several hundred miles altitude, so fade away as they move into the Earth's shadow. Many of them are tumbling out of control and flare in unpredicatable ways.
Many amateurs watch them to generate possible flare patterns.

Because they must be sunlit to see them, satellites in low orbits (up to a few hundred miles) are only visible between certain hours. When the sun is directly opposite your location (i.e. at local midnight) no satellites are visible. Any moving star-like object seen around midnight cannot be a satellite. This is an important thing to remember when looking out for UFOs.

WG3

[edit on 5-9-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I try to go to the link to see the video and it has been removed by the user already.
Does anyone know where else you can see it, because I can't find it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Gaaaaah
When did this thread started -_- the Video isn't available anymore

I am interested in UFO's now after I read some article here

its all politics CRAP >.<

I think most of the people in here knows about it

Article

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join