It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepieness on seventh floor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So, to start with, I'm not one to believe in ghosts... but something is causing me to see and hear things here in my apartment complex, and I'm not the only one.

Firstly, I noticed when I first moved here, that at the other end of the hall, I often see a woman in a night gown run across the hall into another apartment.

At first, I assumed it was some girl quietly scurrying back to her apartment after seeing whoever it is in the apartment she came from.

But then I saw the same thing... and again... different days, and always the same girl in the same night gown running across from one apartment, directly across the hall and into another apartment.
It's happened while our neighbors (who are REALLY friendly people) are present. I said to one of my neighbors as I was heading to her place to repair her internet connection "Did you see that? That girl again."
She simply said, "Oh, her in the night gown? Yeah. That's our pet ghost, heh."
I of course not listening detected her sarcasm at first and began chuckling as if it were a joke... then noticed she said "Her in the night gown"... so I said "Wait, you saw her too?"

Apparently its just a couple of college guys living in the apartment the girl runs to, and a pregnant woman and husband in the apartment she runs from. The girl in the night gown is most definitely NOT pregnant. The pregnant mother in that apartment is REALLY pregnant if you catch my drift, she's expecting to give birth soon.
The girl we keep seeing run across the hall doesn't live here.

I managed to see her do the same thing when I was pretty close as well... I rushed up to the doors to see if I can catch them closing... only, the doors never moved. It certainly looked like she reached for it, but the doors definitely didn't move, and there was no sound of a door closing.
If she had closed the door quick enough for me not to see it closing, it would have made quite the bang as it shut.

Now when I see her, I just chuckle and murmur to myself "There she goes again."

But that's not where it stops.
At first my fiance started asking me quite often if I had just said something... when I say I didn't, she swears I did. She also started hearing knocks at the door... when we open it, there's no-one there, not even anyone in the hall. Of course, I just figured she was hearing things.

Well, tonight, I decided to relax and have a bath. I've got some fluid left in my lungs from the cold I just got rid of, and a hot bath usually loosens it up nicely.
Once I was done in the bath, drying myself off, I heard a knock at the bathroom door. A very clear, Knock Knock. And it definitely came from the bathroom door, my hearing is excellent. And I never "hear things".
Well, as soon as I heard the two knocks, still naked, I just pulled the door open, and said "Yes?".
I assumed it was my fiance.
But my fiance was in the bedroom, two doors down from the bathroom, reading her book.
There was literally no time for her to run back to the room as if it were a prank, I heard her say "Yes, what?"... she looked at me kind of puzzled. I just told her someone was knocking at the bathroom door. She just kept looking at me funny.

Whatever it is, it's creepy. I'm not afraid of the events, just curious, creepy curious.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you have some activity going on. When you see the woman, is she transparent or does she look like a normal person?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The woman you described seems to be a "residual" haunting. It's a ghost that isn't really aware of it's environment and keeps doing the same action over and over again. An "intelligent" haunting is more like what you are experiencing with the door knocking. The being/entity can observe and interact with you.

I've got at least one being in my house, maybe more. If it isn't harming or bothering or scaring you, I'd say let it be; it may have been there alot longer than you. If it does start esclating what it's doing, you have the right to tell it to stop.

But, hopefully you can get along with it. The main one here knocks. It will also occasionally(gently) give a tug on my earring.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Great post.

It sounds as if the knocking and the Ghost Girl are two separate things, which makes me wonder about the history of the building you live in.

An online or library search could potentionally uncover futher information. If you find anything interesting, please come back and share!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well with me its the opposite, I aswell live on the 7th floor of our flats. Around the 1970's somebody was evicted from that flat that I currently reside in, he broke back into the flat a few days later and set it on fire then jumped from the window to his death on the car park below. Then the person who lived here directly before me went to a local hotel and took a overdose and killed himself, we still get the odd letter here addressed to him. But still I have lived here for over 5 years and other than an incident not connected to my home nothing has ever happened, and considering the misery that has happened here you would think there would have been atleast a few knocks and bangs.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
Sounds like you have some activity going on. When you see the woman, is she transparent or does she look like a normal person?

Problem is, the wall behind her has no real detail, plain white wall, so if she was transparent, it would be hard to tell anyhow.

From all events, she looks like a normal girl in a night gown. Nothing more, nothing less. Which is why I thought at first, that it was someone's wife scurrying home before he gets home... or at least, that was my first guess.

But there is no girl living there... just two college guys. The other apartment has a pregnant woman, and her husband, they only recently moved in, just before I did actually. And the pregnant woman is way too short and, well, round to be mistaken for the girl in the night gown.

Funny enough, now that I think of it... I can't figure out what color the girls hair was. You'd think I would have noticed that.

And she does the exact same thing every time. No door movement, no noise.

I considered the fact that perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me... I've often known my mind to confuse the sound of my piano enough to hear a phone ringing in the background, but that's only when I'm playing the piano loudly, and the reverberations can easily be mistaken for other noises.

But I've never had any visual tricks... and considering my neighbors have all seen her... means it's not just me.

I'd also consider the idea that hallucinogens have made their way into the water table here... but considering we all see the same thing... well, in reality, everyone should hallucinate differently, right?

... lol... the college students are pretty intelligent guys, I wouldn't put it past them to be playing a prank with a projector in the ceiling tiles.

... but the knocking...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If you see her so regularly, could you try and take a picture of her?

It does sound like two different entities, but who knows, could be the same one.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Would you be able to put something on the white wall in the area behind where you see the ghost? Perhaps a large piece of poster board that is red or blue or green or some other non-white color? This would help you to determine if the ghost is at all transparent. I know some apartment complexes are pretty picky about stuff like that, so you may want to check with the management first. Heck, the management folks might even be able to shed some light on the history of the building as well.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is a really interesting thread. But if it happens alot then set a video camera up or something. I mean the reason most of us are on here is because we believe in the paranormal and all weird things so its not like we dont believe you. But i mean some hard proof can surely do your claims no harm!! I look forward to seeng it

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I might try some EVP sessions. I've heard some people say that you shouldn't do them where you live, but I think if you already have activity then you're not really attracting anything that isn't already there.

I would at least try to nail down whether her appearance is sporadic or has some kind of schedule. If it seems to happen around the same of day, then keep a camera handy or even point it at that area for a few hours a day. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Keep us posted. Interesting stuff.

top topics

join