It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Sure:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sourced from the FY budgets.

I was wrong, it was 60%, not 80%.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha

Originally posted by pteridine
I would choose a line but I don't know if any of them were actually hers. She said them but, don't forget , she has just spent a week being "briefed" by party confidantes so that she wouldn't say anything that the dems could go after and she had a jazzy speech to read full of quotable one-liners.

yes, not at all like barack or biden, eh?

so, you suppose those two simply 'winged it'?

how is careful preparation suddenly a sign of insincerity?

the campaigns are a very big deal and communication is no accident, it must be skillfully crafted, whether genuine or not.

the gop's communications were superb and the dem's speeches really can't compare, they're all available for anyone to freely review, look 'em up.

I didn't suggest any insincerity, I said that the "favorite lines" you are looking for were not hers. Many are gushing over Sarah and "her" speech but the public does not know Sarah, only what she was told to read. As to the others, including Sen McCain, I believe that they had much more input into their speeches than Sarah. Sarah is still a complete rookie who was thrust onto the national stage and barely had time to put lipstick on her pit bull.

I would take issue with the concept that the GOP's communications were superb. That is your biased opinion. I found their communications to be much like a cheer [Go Sarah, Fight Fight Fight] and their convention a total disappointment. Ron Paul was ignored and no real platform was proposed. I was hoping for a strong GOP VP candidate, a coherent platform, and distance from Cowboy George so I could consider voting for Sen. McCain.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

I'm not so sure on that one. It's my understanding that the special needs funding was previously grouped with other funding, and under Palin she divided the sum into separate lines on the budget; so while it appears that the former budget line was slashed by 62%, there was a new category added where the funding was still allocated.

Basically it went from...

Line X: approx. 8k

To..

Line X: approx 3k
Line Y: approx 5k

[edit on 9/8/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by justme2

I'm not so sure on that one. It's my understanding that the special needs funding was previously grouped with other funding, and under Palin she divided the sum into separate lines on the budget; so while it appears that the former budget line was slashed by 62%, there was a new category added where the funding was still allocated.

Basically it went from...

Line X: approx. 8k

To..

Line X: approx 3k
Line Y: approx 5k

[edit on 9/8/08 by redmage]

Thanks Redmage.
I will look over the Fiscal Year budgets again in the next couple days.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have not really had much to do with Palin but I just saw an interview with her, where she was asked what she knew about the Russian Georgian conflict.
She quite proudly announced that you could see Russia from an Alaskan Island.
When the initial question was repeated she went on about how that was important because you need to have good relatons with your global neighbours blah blah blah..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Obama may not have fought in the Vietnam War and neither did I, but many of my friends came home in boxes or not right in their minds and I fought as hard as I could here to end the senseless carnage and the waste of young men's lives. John McCain is a short man with an even shorter temper, plus a hell of a Napoleon complex. I sympathize with him that he was a prisoner, but he hardly stands alone. He only picked Palin in a fit of pique against the RNC, is this the man you want controlling our military? Are you ready for armed conflict with Iran, possibly Russia? I think Obama has the guts to go to war if he has to, the difference is, he wouldn't want to.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"we will find efficiencies"... she just when on and on and on about "efficiencies" with her interview the other night...clearly she's been coached. Then Gibson talks about you haven't discussed the 18 percent in discresionarry...the rest being the entitlement, and she just acts like a stage act at hypnosis show going on and on about how they've seen ineficiencies in other agencies though...

Wow...this is scary.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join