It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
libs is the funniest peoples... down syndrome needs attention brought to it, dont you agree? no?

"Needs attention brought to it"? Why? It's not like it's a curable condition such as cancer or A.I.D.S.. People are well aware that D.S. exists, and it's not something contagious that would need an awareness of precautions to prevent you from "catching it".

My friends and I don't really treat our buddy Mike any different, nor do we actively attempt to "bring attention" to his condition. I mean sure, we give him more hugs than our other friends, but Mike likes to initiate hugs and it's not like we're gonna shove him away when he does.

Why try to "bring attention" to Mike, or any other person with D.S., over any other segment of society?

Perhaps you could elaborate, because I'm having a hard time following your reasoning here.

[edit on 9/5/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
"Gee, if a Barbie doll could only talk, then, why, oh my god, lions and tigers and bears -- I just realized, I'M BARBIE! oh goodie goodie goodie -- that's why I entered those beauty contests, to save the world!

It's not that I'm vain and will do anything in front of a camera, it's just that any stupid fool can be vice president or president, didn't ya know, dude?

They're just masks, y'know ... like, really. The NWO tells us what to do, anyway, duh!"

[edit on 5-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I would choose a line but I don't know if any of them were actually hers. She said them but, don't forget , she has just spent a week being "briefed" by party confidantes so that she wouldn't say anything that the dems could go after and she had a jazzy speech to read full of quotable one-liners. What did she really say other than her pit bull wears lipstick and the dems are no good? Not much.
I stand by my previous statement that she is a "deer caught in the headlights" and is merely a tactical ploy by McCain that may backfire. I do not believe that the vetting process was as extensive as claimed. McCain is a stubborn hip-shooter and "decider" just like Cowboy George so I expect that the party weenies are now rationalizing after the fact while praying that they can stall off any investigations until after the election. My guess is that the vetting was making sure she was not a felon and had no big skeletons in her closet. She wasn't in power long enough to do much of anything that coulld get her into trouble, other than the ex-brother-in-law affair and he seems to be playing nice, now.
I did find it amusing that her extensive experience and responsibilities as mayor of Mayberry was brought up.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by pteridine]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
"Needs attention brought to it"? Why? It's not like it's a curable condition such as cancer or A.I.D.S.. People are well aware that D.S. exists, and it's not something contagious that would need an awareness of precautions to prevent you from "catching it".

cancer curable? aids curable?

what was the last virus any cure was found for? care to share your research papers with the rest of us?

you cant catch a spinal cord injury, either... curable? maybe... certainly treatable, as with down syndrome... you're only guessing that its not curable and the same with those other 'curable' suggestions

and the awareness is not only about the curability of d.s.

My friends and I don't really treat our buddy Mike any different, nor do we actively attempt to "bring attention" to his condition. I mean sure, we give him more hugs than our other friends, but Mike likes to initiate hugs and it's not like we're gonna shove him away when he does.

thats very fine, of course, but your social relationship is not a campaign for awareness of d.s., is it? how do you regard the special olympics?

Why try to "bring attention" to Mike, or any other person with D.S., over any other segment of society?

why would m.j. fox focus only on parkinsons? or c. reeves focus only on spinal cord injury? because we cant focus on every malady is reason to ignore them all?

Perhaps you could elaborate, because I'm having a hard time following your reasoning here.

i dont doubt that at all... that fact is very clear.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
I would choose a line but I don't know if any of them were actually hers. She said them but, don't forget , she has just spent a week being "briefed" by party confidantes so that she wouldn't say anything that the dems could go after and she had a jazzy speech to read full of quotable one-liners.

yes, not at all like barack or biden, eh?

so, you suppose those two simply 'winged it'?

how is careful preparation suddenly a sign of insincerity?

the campaigns are a very big deal and communication is no accident, it must be skillfully crafted, whether genuine or not.

the gop's communications were superb and the dem's speeches really can't compare, they're all available for anyone to freely review, look 'em up.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

the gop's communications were superb and the dem's speeches really can't compare, they're all available for anyone to freely review, look 'em up.

Absolutely true!

Here's Obama's speech in Denver.

Reading through it again it is poor in terms of emotional impact. The only emotions it elicited were negative emotions towards Bush with an attempt to tie McCain and Bush together.

See, the problem with this type of approach is it's hard to get the audience to switch their emotions back and forth between anger and hope, excitement, etc.

On the other hand, the Republican's attacks on Obama were all done as punch lines that people laughed about. It's a big difference in terms of the emotional state people were put into.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

cancer curable? aids curable?

Well, my grandmother was "cured" of cancer 18 years ago. It was actually a pretty rare form where the odds of a 5 year survival rate were stacked against her by >80%. She's still alive and kicking with no signs that she was ever ill.

As to A.I.D.S., yes, I believe there's a treatment out there that will kill the virus. Whether or not it will be found/released is another story. As we all know, there's far more profit potential in treatments than in cures, and drug companies' primary motivation is profit (as with any corporation).

you cant catch a spinal cord injury, either... curable? maybe... certainly treatable, as with down syndrome... you're only guessing that its not curable and the same with those other 'curable' suggestions

You're comparing apples with oranges. D.S. is a chromosomal disorder; not an injury, or an illness.

The only "cure" for a chromosomal disorder would be "tailor made DNA" (a.k.a. ordering your baby's genetic traits out of a catalogue).

Also, steps can be taken to prevent spinal cord injuries. Ever heard of the advancements made in protective gear (such as football pads)?

thats very fine, of course, but your social relationship is not a campaign for awareness of d.s., is it?

Not at all. Do you feel it shoud be?

how do you regard the special olympics?

I'm not a huge athletics fan, but I'm all for the idea of fair competition in any form. If participants are having fun, then more power to them.

why would m.j. fox focus only on parkinsons? or c. reeves focus only on spinal cord injury? because we cant focus on every malady is reason to ignore them all?

You've really got a knack for completely avoiding giving a straight answer to a simple question.

I asked "Why try to "bring attention" to Mike, or any other person with D.S., over any other segment of society?", and I'm still waiting for an answer...

As to Fox and Reeves, you're again comparing apples to oranges. Injuries and degenerative disorders that happen/develop over a persons lifetime are quite different from a chromosomal disorder that one is born with on a genetic level.

As to the notion of "ignoring them all", that's a straw man fallacy and no one has suggested such.

[edit on 9/5/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

you missed the point, some public figures have the opportunity to focus awareness on their personal interest in a particular malady, others do it, but palin cannot?

thats ridiculous... why should we give her a platform? why not? you suggest that since she isnt also covering aids and cancer, that she should shut her trap about d.s.

i'm sure if she had a kid with cancer, and that was brought up, your sort would level similar baseless criticism her way as well

am i right?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
anyone ever wonder why the country is such a mess? ever notice most people dont trust Lawyers unless they need one then why do we elect so many Lawyers to office? Obama Is right its time for a change and that change is Palin.

In my opinion I would prefer to see some one with less polical experiance running this country.

I know alot of people are talking crap about the fact her daughter is knocked up so what, did you do everything your parents ever told you? A parent can only guide a child they can't make there choices for them. you can teach your children not to have sex or use drugs but the choice is not yours to make it is their's.

I don't know about all of you but at 17 I was fairly rebelous if my parents said don't do this I did it, and I paid the consiquises for it as will Her daughter.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You do realize the line in your sig - it's supposed to sound like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

am i right?

No, you're not right. Do you suffer from A.D.D.? Why can't you simply answer a basic question?

Show me where I ever said that Palin couldn't discuss her child.

Show me where I ever suggested that "since she isnt also covering aids and cancer, that she should shut her trap about d.s."

I'll give you a clue, you can't because I've never suggested anything of the sort.

You're throwing around baseless strawman arguments, making vast overgeneralizations, and completely avoiding very simple questions.

What I asked was; why does D.S. "need attention brought to it"?

You obviously feel that it does; so why?

Can you can reign in your attention span long enough to actually answer the question?

[edit on 9/6/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

My opinion on my favorite line.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Show me where I ever said that Palin couldn't discuss her child.

Show me where I ever suggested that "since she isnt also covering aids and cancer, that she should shut her trap about d.s."

I'll give you a clue, you can't because I've never suggested anything of the sort.

what other conclusion can be drawn for your post at the top of this page?

add it up: why should anyone talk about d.s. at all? she should just shut up...

if thats not the point of your post, then pray tell, what was it?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

what other conclusion can be drawn for your post at the top of this page?

It's really not that complicated.

Here's the logical conclusion that could be drawn; "He doesn't understand why I feel that D.S. 'needs attention drawn to it'; so he asked."

If you had no supporting evidence for holding such an opinion then all you had to do was say so; however, your baseless strawman arguments, vast overgeneralizations, and complete avoidance of a very simple question does absolutely nothing to further anything resembling a worthwhile discussion.

Being that this is the third time you've shown yourself incapable of answering a very simple question, or carrying on a rational discussion, I'll simply leave you to your own devices.

Better luck next time.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No comment on my post? I thought it made a clear point of her hypocrisy.

Also, did you know Sarah Palin is NOT the Gov. of all Alaska? The Inuit people don't listen to her, vote for her, or follow any laws she passes. So she's not even the Gov. of 600,000 people, less then that because some of those people outright ignore her.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

i must present evidence to agree with the opinion that d.s. should have attention drawn to it?

very simple, really? perhaps with the aid of powerful narcotics...

your silliness knows few bounds.

its no surprise that public figures are able to draw national attention to causes of their choosing, why you're up in arms about palins agenda is beyond me (riiight)

did you direct anything similar towards mj fox for parkinsons? or chris reeves for spinal injury? or bill clinton for sex addiction?

i'm putting my money on "no"

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Joe Biden might be a "well seasoned" debater, but he's also got one hell of a history of putting his foot in his mouth. I think when he goes up against Sarah Palin in the VP debates he is going to come off as the pompous, arrogant, snobby Washington Insider Elitist he is.

The fact that she can "ad-lib" and keep her speeches pace and coherence without following the teleprompter does say a lot. Obama, on the other hand, sounds like George W. when hes trying to "speak freely".

[edit on 7-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"For all the parents of special needs children, you will have a friend in the white house".

(But forgets to ALSO mention that she cut funds well over 60% to special needs children in Alaska).

[edit on 9/7/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2
"For all the parents of special needs children, you will have a friend in the white house".

(But forgets to ALSO mention that she cut funds well over 80% to special needs children in Alaska).

Do you have a source for this "fact."

Just curious how this was arrived at.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join