It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Before anyone quotes anymore lines from this woman...read this article and see for yourself which ones were lies.....

news.yahoo.com...

Oh, and it sickened me the way she exploited her family, (especially her baby with Down Syndrome) after saying how her family was "off limits." I guess they are off limits as long as she's not trying to make a sympathy ploy to gain votes by trying to appear as though her family's like everyone else in this nation.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by optimistic skeptic

Oh, and it sickened me the way she exploited her family, (especially her baby with Down Syndrome) after saying how her family was "off limits." I guess they are off limits as long as she's not trying to make a sympathy ploy to gain votes by trying to appear as though her family's like everyone else in this nation.

Give me a big fat break. She didnt exploit them...she INTRODUCED them. HUGE difference.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
She didnt exploit them...she INTRODUCED them. HUGE difference.

Yes those two are hugely different. Here's the exploitation part:

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.

I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

text

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Now appealing to a constituency-- of which you are a part-- is exploitation?

:shk:

Man, you are in deep.

E-X-P-L-O-I-T-A-T-I-O-N???

Really?

EDIT: ...because I just can't stop...

Mind telling me how these people are being used or abused? She pledged a promise to them. That's exploitation?

...to the families of special needs children all across this country, I have a message for you. For years, you've sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.

And I pledge to you that if we're elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House.

Do you have evidence that her pledge is a lie?

Just curious.

Really, BH, your logic is getting dangerously goofy.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Do you have evidence that her pledge is a lie?

Who said she lied?

Exploit

1 : to make productive use of
2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage

Don't worry about me, Loam. I'm fine. And I'm not the subject of the thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Don't worry about me, Loam. I'm fine.

Then why did you fail to focus upon the operative portion of the definition you chose to quote?

Exploit

How did Palin do that?

And I'm not the subject of the thread.

No, but the truthfulness and logic of your posts are.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow, 100x's more? Are you sure about that? Even though it's not my wont, I may get on my knees and pray - that this woman never meets vladamir putin face to face. Ay-yi-yi!

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Exploit

So based on this criteria, how many times did Obama "exploit" his daughters in Denver?

I counted at least twice. Then there's the time he had them interviewed.

Seriously, BH, this is utter partisan nonsense on your part. Palin didn't exploit her kids.

If you had a shred of integrity you would be deriding everybody who spread the rumors about Trig Palin as the people who REALLY attempted to exploit a 4 month old baby with Down Syndrome.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Hmmm. No need to feel sorry for me, but thanks. I actually realize that there are two sides to every issue, and that the world is not as simple as the neo-cons want you to believe. Many people like McDonalds, it's ok. Many people, specifically Republicans, re-elected the worst President in the History of our Country; many still even have the bumper stickers on their cars! Go for it! Many well intentioned people have not realized that their party has been hijacked - when the actions over an eight year period PROVE they are BIG gov't and very much into your personal life - well, this is not what the Republicans used to stand for. But now - what you are saying by arguing for the ticket and defending the party is: you want a massive debt, more war, higher gas prices, continued lying and destruction of the constitution, failures on most diplomatic fronts, cronyism, lobbyist rule, same old same old bs - you know your precious little puppet woman was picked for a reason - and it's not why you think!

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wow, 100x's more? Are you sure about that? Even though it's not my wont, I may get on my knees and pray - that this woman never meets vladamir putin face to face. Ay-yi-yi!

ColoradoJens

I have a pretty good feeling that Ms. Sara Palin would hand Mr. Putin his wrinkly nut sack if they were to met one day.

After all, that is exactly what she is doing to your two little boys.

edit for spelling

[edit on 4-9-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Tom Moe recalls looking through a pin hole in his cell door as Lt. Commander John McCain was led down the hallway by the guards day after day, and the story is told, when McCain shuffled back from torturous interrogations he would turn towards Moe’s door and flash a grin and a thumbs up as if to say “We’re gonna pull through this”

That's the largest piece a bull-tool since this whole fiasco started.
Give me a break.
If this doesn’t prove she’s a *Snow Blower* in more ways than one, I dunno what does.
Deee-am, and she says it like she means it.
Ugh!

Dang though, she’s Pro-Gun.

... Hardplace --->Me

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
All of you Republicans make me sick.

We are in the most critical time in the history of the US and you have the Republicans offering 4 more years of the same garbage.

All of the Republicans that have responded in this thread will regret their own ignorance.

The only thing, IMO, worse than a Republican in office, is the citizens who call themselves Republicans that eat up all the crap that the Republican Party squeezes out of the ass of America.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Societalgnorance]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

How did Palin do that?

She made productive use of ("meanly or unfairly" is a judgment call) her son's disability for her own advantage (to get votes).

Originally posted by jamie83
So based on this criteria, how many times did Obama "exploit" his daughters in Denver?

None that I know of. It's not exploitation to say "I have kids", it's exploitation to say that I have a child with a disability and if you vote for me, I'll take care of you.

Palin didn't exploit her kids.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not going to change mine.

If you had a shred of integrity you would be deriding everybody who spread the rumors about Trig Palin as the people who REALLY attempted to exploit a 4 month old baby with Down Syndrome.

I have said many times that her family is not an issue. The only exception is that Sarah Palin's daughter made the choice to keep her baby. Palin made the CHOICE to keep Trig, even though she knew he had Downs.

And yet, she would deny everyone else that choice.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme2
Well......
How many minorities were in the crowd?? I didn't spot ONE.
Says alot.

You didn't see one single woman at that convention?

I know. Women make up about 51% of the population, but they're still a "minority."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
All of you Republicans make me sick.

I'm not a Republican, but I'll be voting for McCain, just as I voted for GW twice and Bob Dole before him.

The only vote I've ever regretted casting was for Bill Clinton.

How does that make you feel?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

How did Palin do that?

She made productive use of ("meanly or unfairly" is a judgment call) her son's disability for her own advantage (to get votes).

That answer is the same caliber of slimy crap response I've come to expect from the neocons.

My opinion.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
She's gonna get torn to pieces by Joe Biden. The infomercial audience she had last night along with the smarmy comments won't be able to save her during the debates.

Peace

I disagree, she practically had to ablib that entire speech due to a faulty teleprompter and folded piece of paper and she did awesome. even the line about hocky moms and lipstick was an adlib and meant to point at her lips which is a sign to speed up the prompter.

I have a feeling she is going to stomp on old biden. people will see right through her straight talk and Biden's politicla double talk.

(BTW, when you say "smarmy comments" you mean all those true comments about Oby?)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
She delivered a speech with a faulty teleprompter and she called herself a pitbull with lipstick, so because of those reasons she's going to stomp a well seasoned debater? Forget about who's lying and who's telling the truth, 75% of any political debate is in the delivery. You want me to say Palin did great, fine, but she wasn't on the stage with Biden engaging in a back and forth.

And God forbid if Biden roughs her up too much, the backlash on Biden will be comical.

The more you build her up, the farther she's going to fall. Bet on it.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
I disagree, she practically had to ablib that entire speech due to a faulty teleprompter and folded piece of paper and she did awesome.

That's a huge exaggeration. Google it. Her teleprompter had some short glitches, but worked fine for most of the speech.

I have a feeling she is going to stomp on old biden.

Do they actually go head to head? I don't think so. Doesn't the moderator ask the questions and the candidates respond? I'm not sure how anyone is going to kick anyone's butt if they're not talking directly to each other...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hah... that was too funny

I read the title and thought it said

"WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SARAH PALIN LIE?"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join