It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Simply put, you just quoted (whoops)Fred Thompson. That is reason enough to question your knowledge regarding integrity.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

LiquidM, does your sig have anything to do with your dislike for Obama?
You have put it in the mix for all to wonder. Just curious.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well myself as an outside observer I'm Irish just so you know. I've watched coverage of both conventions being covered by both American and European news networks. I think the selection of someone so under qualified is very obviously a bit of a faux pas on the part of the republicans.

John McCain has spent the majority of his campaign repeatedly slating Obama as being under qualified for the role of president.....does it not go to show his irresponsibility to select someone even less qualified to take the reigns if he does die during office.

The substance of Palins acceptance speech was a little over cooked.
"This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting and never use the word "victory," except when he's talking about his own campaign.

For a mother who prays for her son every night she doesnt seem to want the war to end. I mean there is self service in every sentence she spoke and very little in the line of heart felt sincerity.

On another note i was watching skynews and they were talking about Obama and McCains differing opinions on continued dealings with the reconciliation. Take it from me there is little in the line of need for continued American involvement. Northern Ireland is a peaceful place, the I.R.A are all but gone.

I think Obamas position on this issue was complately correct, McCains attitude bangs of arrogance ,the little paddys cant deal with it themselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
She's gonna get torn to pieces by Joe Biden. The infomercial audience she had last night along with the smarmy comments won't be able to save her during the debates.

Peace

i'll put real money on palin

i hope she doesnt shred him too badly at first, theres gotta be enough of him left to last the rest of the campaign

she's a gun toting, hot momma...

biden would like to repeal the 2nd amendment... and get more hair plugs

this should be good, i hope i can take the carnage.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Simply put, you just quoted (whoops)Fred Thompson. That is reason enough to question your knowledge regarding integrity.

ColoradoJens

Perhaps you missed the first sentence of the post:

Though it wasn’t one of Palin’s remarks, I really love this remark about her from Fred Thompsons speech the other night:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
and these accomplishments on obama's part are, again? i'm drawing a blank, anyone?

Ask any and every "community organizer" in America this morning. She said they have no responsibilities. I'm sure they could tell you the accomplishments they've made. Not to stray off-topic, but since you asked about Obama:

In 1985, he moved to Chicago to work with local churches organizing job training and other programs for poor and working-class residents of Altgeld Gardens, a public housing project where 5,300 African-Americans tried to survive amid shuttered steel mills, a nearby landfill, a putrid sewage treatment plant, and a pervasive feeling that the white establishment of Chicago would never give them a fair shake.
But whether it was getting the city to fill potholes, provide summer jobs, or remove asbestos from the apartments or persuading the apartment managers to repair toilets, pipes, and ceilings, Obama encouraged residents to come up with their own priorities with the gentle admonition: "It's your community."
To accomplish his mission, Obama spent hours with Altgeld residents one on one, learning their problems and their dreams, and he resisted taking credit for success, preferring to give it to individuals in the community.

Source

filling potholes or running an entire city... hmmm....

repairing toilets to running an entire state....

and not even repairing them himself, but getting other people to repair the toilets!

well, you got me, that obama... quite a wealth of accomplishment and experience!

is this a joke? that can't be it, can it?

say it ain't so!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2

Well......
How many minorities were in the crowd?? I didn't spot ONE.
Says alot.

I saw several myself, you must not have been paying attention, but I'm sure it will be rebroadcast, and you can see for yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

No, they were saying they really liked what Fred Thompson had to say about her and that's what I said. He is not one who should be respected for many reasons. Do you know much about him? Do a google search and tell me what you think - more skeletons in that closest than Rob Lowe - (maybe an exagerration but you know what I mean!) Anyway, I started a new thread addressing Palin's contribution to women while in office - check it out. Just to make a hilaroius overstatement for the fun of it - as many have cried "Obama will take our guns!" I think I'll cry, "Palin will take my choice away, excepting when it relates to her own daughter personally." Palin was quoted as saying she was happy of her daughter's choice to have her child. Only when it applies to me. Familiar theme in politics today.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
drill baby drill!

now that's some forward-thinking "logic" ..

on the day news drops about a(nother) huge ice shelf the size of manhattan breaking loose, and the fact that for the first time in human history, the north pole is now an island, the republicans and their fellow fossil-fuel fanatics come up with "Drill, baby DRILL!" as their slogan. it tells it all right there.. do we really need another oil/fossil-fuel administration? we've wasted the past 8 years driving SUVs and burning oil at a record pace, only to see the temps keep rising, and the oil-rich nations mired in conflict after conflict.

my other favorite line, was easily "My husband Todd, is a world class snow-machine racer"

by-golly, that's mighty swell

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jazy510

Yea because the earth's climate never ever warmed up in the past right?

The earth's climate has been stable and unchanging since the dawn of time up until mankind drove an SUV, right?

Drilling for oil, creating technology for better refinement of shale oil, creating clean coal burning technology(the U.S. has 25 % of the world's coal reserves), developing liquid coal technology which has been done before, creating nuclear power plants is the best solution so we have time to perfect the greener solar and fusion power generation.

Until solar, wind, and fusion can supply America it's needs, we need to drill and we need to burn fossil fuels or else the economy will crash and millions will starve. Then again, the starvation and death of large chunk of humanity is one of the ultimate goals of the human created global warming religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is the "Total Package"

Every line in she spoke was golden.

She's got the libs on the run...they don't know how to react to her....

What a great day to be a Conservative - Republican!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Another classic line was the one where Palin was describing all the hard working middle class people in her family and around the country, and ended it by saying something like "these are the kind of people that have always been proud of their country..."

Crack.... out of the ballpark...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I actually have to rethink my answer.

These are my top two favorites:

"No one expects us all to agree on everything, but we are expected to govern with integrity and good will and clear convictions and a servant's heart. And I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States."

and...

"And though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they're always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely. There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you."

The second quote is pure political brilliance and was delivered flawlessly.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
I liked what she said about the Alaskan Governors personal luxury plane when she got into office...

It was over the top...I put it on Ebay!

YES! And, not to derail this thread, Nancy Pelosi (the liberal) wanted a bigger, more expensive plane to haul her azz back and forth between San Fransisco and Washington.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I believe, as of this afternoon, Obama had shown an 8 point lead.

drudgerport.com

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No. Try again:

The presidential race between Barack Obama and John McCain is now even at 42 percent, according to a new CBS News poll conducted Monday-Wednesday of this week. Twelve percent are undecided according to the poll, and one percent said they wouldn't vote.

This is in contrast to a poll conducted last weekend, where the Obama-Biden ticket led McCain-Palin by eight points, 48 percent to 40 percent.

The DrudgeReport Link.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

ColoradoJens

Perhaps you missed the first sentence of the post:

Though it wasn’t one of Palin’s remarks, I really love this remark about her from Fred Thompsons speech the other night:

Go easy on him Jsobecky. Liberals are simply unable to see past there irrational, intolerable hateful ideology. I really do pity people like that.

Thanks for your support Jsobecky

[edit on 4-9-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Fathom
I liked what she said about the Alaskan Governors personal luxury plane when she got into office...

It was over the top...I put it on Ebay!

YES! And, not to derail this thread, Nancy Pelosi (the liberal) wanted a bigger, more expensive plane to haul her azz back and forth between San Fransisco and Washington.

In her defense she needed one big enough to carry all of those kids in case there was a need for an emergency "I'm a family woman" photo op at some point between D.C. and CA.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Personally, I did enjoy her jest regarding the difference between "hockey moms" and pit bulls being the lipstick. I got a good chuckle outta that one. She definitely proved that she, much like Obama & Biden, can speak quite well with a teleprompter.

McCain still strugles a bit but I've come to the conclusion that that's why he leans on his P.O.W. experience so heavily; it's definitely one topic that he can speak quite lucidly about, and rightly so since it was such an influential period in his life.

As to this thread, I do find it interesting, and a bit disappointing, that most people's favorite line involved some form of slimy politics. On one hand, people from both sides of the aisle tend to agree that they're tired of the old model of "mudslinging campaigns"; however, when given a chance to actually pick their favorite line most seem to pick some snide remark made about the opponent. I'm not sure if that says more about her lack of impactful substance in the speech, or if it says more about what party members really want and that she's merely catering to such base desires.

[edit on 9/4/08 by redmage]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join