It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite Sarah Palin line?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2
['How many minorities were in the crowd?? I didn't spot ONE.']

lol, not true, I saw one! Mind you, it was just ONE

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hey man, the sexy comments started way earlier - I'm just saying...

First, I'm not a man. I'm a woman
And even I find her absolutely beautiful. But the lack of anything else REAL to debate and being left with talking about her looks and bed performance is ridiculous.

Ok, that's good to know. Do you differentiate "success" or is it specifically, as it is in this case, political and monitary? What specific programs, policies, enactions as Governor of Alaska were you jumping up and down about? Was it the bridge to no-where? Is she a "successful" mother - according to her own church's beliefs? Have you ever riled against teen moms or their irresponsible parents? Have you seen her daughters MySpace page? Would YOU allow your pregnant teen daughter to behave like that? Strong as in weight-lifting strong? And again, we have a difference of opinion on beauty.

Success? She is WAY more successful in her role as a leader then the other candidate running for PRESIDENT. Seriously. *trying not to laugh*

The fact her daughter CHOOSE to have sex and got pregnant is IRRELEVANT in this presidential race....and as her role as a mother. What would you have suggested? Sarah P hold her daughter in a dungeon until she turned 18? What about all the previous presidents/VPs who's kids were out getting high and arrested - achemmm - Gore. Should they have stepped down?

Fact is. The BEST parents in the world, can have kids that make choices that may be against their parent's wishes. It does not mean the parents are necessarily bad. Her family seems quite well adjusted - even though one daughter is pregnant.

There are MANY MANY mothers out there who are exceptional members of society who got pregnant before getting married and at young ages.

Again, ridiculous.

I apologize to the OP for taking this off topic. Just wanted to address the comments made

[edit on 9/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

It takes time for the polls to reflect any bounce...

That my friend is the truest most incisive and intelligent comment you will ever post.

It is officially and simultaniously my new Mantra and Epitaph!

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It takes time for the polls to reflect any bounce, usually a 3-day minimum.

McCain picked Palin on Aug 30th if I recall correctly.. No bounce yet.

grasping for straws - the MSNBC and CNN websites have been unreachable for the last hour etc.

They have?
Worldwide??? Works fine here in S.E. U.S.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by justme2

And proof of this is where????
Definitely not the polls.

Yes, the liberal security blanket -polls.

I don't need polls to know that Palin ripped Obama to shreds tonight.

Here we go again. I'm not a liberal. And I sure as hell am not a Neo-Con either.
Do you take yourself this seriously all the time, or just on ATS? That's an honest question.. I'm just curious.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I suppose Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, and all the other Republican minorities were too busy with their ----->JOBS

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those — like John McCain — who use their careers to promote change."

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

Owned.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Nah, thats pretty accurate!

The exclamation point adds a nice touch of fervor, but someone clearly hasn't been paying attention.

American Government: Tenth Edition; page 408

Despite Bush's admiration for smaller, more efficient government, the federal bureaucracy, after shrinking by almost 3 percent in the previous decade, grew by 5 percent (79,000 jobs) during his first three years in office. Some of the growth was due to the war on terrorism - adding a new cabinet department and increasing defense appointments. But there was also some padding - or thickening - of the bureaucracy through the creation of new positions at the senior level in cabinet departments that have nothing to do with national security. The number of people at the highest pay level more than tripled during Bush's first three years. The significance of this thickening is that it adds layers of administration to cabinet departments at a time when the efficient upward and downward flow of information within the bureaucracy has become a major issue, even a life-and-death issue, as it was in the intelligence bureaucracy in 2001. A 2004 survey showed that the new Department of Homeland Security had jumped from three to twenty-one layers of administration and had 146 senior administrative positions two years after its creation.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by justme2
['How many minorities were in the crowd?? I didn't spot ONE.']

lol, not true, I saw one! Mind you, it was just ONE

I don't know what program you were watching but I clearly saw quite a bit.
I wasn't keeping track but there were many shots that clearly showed several Blacks, Hispanics and Asians.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf:
I suppose Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, and all the other Republican minorities were too busy with their ----->JOBS

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

You are trying to slant it. I never said government hasn't increased under Bush. I DO however believe that if Obama/Biden get elected, we will long for THESE days of smaller government.

Sara Palin on Obama in her speech tonight:

"Government is too big. He wants to grow it.

Congress spends too much money. He promises more. Taxes are too high, and he wants to raise them.

His tax increase are the fine print in his economic plan. And let me be specific. The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes and raise payroll taxes and raise investment income taxes".

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election: In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers, and then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change

Best line in her speech by far, ironically, it can be use against her too, something that make this race more interesting for sure. But the line above was the best jab because it was fair, honest and very smart, she didn't wrote it but it was well delivered.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Wrong. The announcement of Sarah Palin almost totally wiped out the bounce that Obama/Biden got from the DNC.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by justme2

Are you my ex-wife? She used to put words in my mouth too and had that "all or nothing" attitude.

Just asking.....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Wrong. The announcement of Sarah Palin almost totally wiped out the bounce that Obama/Biden got from the DNC.

Wrong.....Again please source your statements with proof.
Here is a current listing of all the polls. McCain's numbers remain the same. Obama continues to lead by 6 points... Take a look at the graph. These are all the polls averaged.
Latest Polls

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by justme2

Are you my ex-wife?

I'm a guy.......what's that have to do with anything anyway..

Geez......I smell desperation. When you don't like what I write, instead of attacking the message you attack me? Not cool.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You are trying to slant it. I never said government hasn't increased under Bush. I DO however believe that if Obama/Biden get elected, we will long for THESE days of smaller government.

No, you are the one trying to "slant it". "These days" are larger government, and federal bureaucracy was reduced under democratic office.

I heard Palin's speech and know what she said regarding Obama; however, it was all run-of-the-mill Dem. vs. Rep. talking points that don't hold up when you actually research Obama's plans.

"His tax increase are the fine print in his economic plan. And let me be specific. The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes and raise payroll taxes and raise investment income taxes".

If you make over 250k a year then she's definitely talking to you. If not then I hope you realize that she's not actually taking you into consideration, and your taxes would actually decrease under Obama's plan.

Personally, I'm not really an Obama fan, but I do hate when either party misrepresents their opponent in order to fool the weak minded, or those who don't have the time to actually do the research. I'd much rather hear candidates put forth and support their own plans instead of focusing on misrepresenting their opponent's.

[edit on 9/4/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My favorite Sarah Palin line?

Well by far it has to be the one that was the most telling of her experience and understanding of her potential role as VP long before all the current hype:

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?"

Sarah Palin quoted from CNBC's "Kudlow & Co."
Youtube

Priceless.

I think I'll make that my new signature.
Thanks for reminding me of it.

- Lee

[edit on 4-9-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ok, here's the thing. I am bad at getting my point across this evening. I have had posts pulled by the mods on other forums for the first time. I am not myself...anyway, I am not the first to bring up her looks, nor will I be the last. Biden has openly said she is good looking and I have seen several articles that reference her looks as a positive attribute (ex-beauty queen!) To me, this is offensive to women. The simple fact that your party chose this woman in desperation to capitalize on the "Hillary" vote should make you, as a woman, ashamed. As a parent, I can tell you having gangsta signs and drinking pics on MySpace IS news because not all teens, actually still only a fraction, post this type of behavior - usually those that do end up pregnant or in trouble - I was not a saint at that age I understand (a little) what kids go though today - as a parent and an educator I see great kids (mostly) everyday - life is life and this happens - my point is that if this person is "supposedly" the modicum of religious faith (of course fundamentalist pentacostal - OUCH!) and is such community pillar (hmmm, I see$$$ in the bridge to no where and while we are it, let's fire a state employee without cause all while getting more earmarks than we could ever spend!!) that she doesn't even have time to check her daugter's my space. I know a lot of parents don't regulate computer usage, but in my opinion, in this day and age, that is not only ignorant but wilfully exposing your child to probable encounters with felionious minded folks. That is bad parenting in my book. Couldn't she have had the person who probably raised her kids while she was at work done it for her? Still, to be fair, it does happen and many kids go bad no matter what parents do. I work as hard as I can to balance my work ambitions with my family - and I make sure family takes priority. just my two cents:

ColoradoJens

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

2nd favorite line:

I hate Alaska, and I'm half Alaskan! And I hate irony!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join