It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's RNC Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No specifics on policy at all, interestingly.

I thought she got off to a good start, and then trailed into partisan vitriol and BS...

This kind of stuff plays well to their hard-right base, but I expect it will lose then support among independents. All the Republicans were playing to the hard right tonight in general, not just Palin.

But most of the country isn't hard-right, and I don't think they really understand that.

IMO the Republicans lost the election tonight - not Palin's speech specifically, but the nasty chiding tone that typified all the speeches from Romney's onward...

[edit on 9/3/08 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
She did a good job. I was impressed because I thought she may come out robotic or tense considering the trashing she has taken in the press all week, but she held her head up and came across confident and even fired back some shots of her own.

Palin comes across as a genuinely decent human being. I hope politics do not get the best of her..

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
She performed as expected - rallied the troops and showed her stuff. An excellent first performance imho.

But regardless of the presentation, regardless of strength she is still an evangelical Protestant who opposes a woman's right to choose and has an expressed more than an interest in teaching creationism in the public schools.

Not a snowballs chance she will get my vote.

B.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Damn McCain may have to rethink about going back on CNN. They are singing praises for Palin speech. She must have done something right.

This might bring her some relief for a couple of days...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleys

Come on, McCain's wife holding Sarah's baby. Hockey Mom?

You got to have something in there that's warm and fuzzy. Daughter stroking the baby? Nothing?

It's all a show, no matter who you back.

She did her job. Very well I might add.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As a former resident of Alaska, who voted for her there and saw her speak often.....

She was absolutely fabulous!
and actually [finally] got me exicted about this election

She will debate Biden and put his booty in its place. I think she could totally hold her own against Obama too.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I was referring to the trojan horse thread, where some think she will be forced to resign. I only used the word "martyred" as a metaphor.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
She appealed to every segment that Obama has trash-talked - the Pennsylvania steelworker, the Minnesota small farmer, small businessmen all over America. And she won the hearts of families with special needs by saying they would have an advocate in the White House.

She laid out the groundwork for the exposure of Obama's plans to raise taxes and increase the size of gov't.

I loved her line about Obama's 300 advisors, and she said "He should'a just asked John McCain".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
reply to post by mhc_70

I was referring to the trojan horse thread, where some think she will be forced to resign. I only used the word "martyred" as a metaphor.

Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

My bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I dont really buy into the whole trojan horse theory to be honest.

From the looks of things she is doing a pretty good job of making a case for herself. I haven't seen neo-cons that boisterous and happy at an RNC since Reagan was around.

The people appear to like her, the people are the ones who vote. That is all that matters.

Pulling her at the last minute after all of this controversy and spin would make no sense. Karl Rove is a pretty evil genius, but a conspiracy of this magnitude would mean that he could basically predict the future.

And if that be the case, we are all screwed anyway .

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I watched it on BBC America.

After the speech, one analyst said that he was sure he'd just witnessed a political star being born; quite possibly a future candidate for the presidency, too.

The verdict was unanimous. Despite the pressures of recent controversy — not to mention the few days she's had to prepare — Palin was brilliant.

She was.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My admittedly biased opinion? For the last several days, all we've heard is that this was a desperate move, that John McCain had run out of options and thrown up a Hail Mary.

Well, that may be, but Sarah Palin hauled that Hail Mary in for a touchdown tonight. She did an outstanding job under an intense amount of pressure.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't buy the trojan horse theory either. I don't think this woman should be underestimated. The decision of choosing her is looking to me to be a challenging one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I loved it when Sarah Palin ripped into the mainstream media and the "doting" over Obama! I was listening to the speech on the radio in my kitchen and my kids were making noise, but what I heard was very impressive!

I too, think Joe Biden is going to crawl off the VP Debate Stage with his tail between his legs. She speaks very well and addresses issues directly (lay more pipe!line!). Its good to see they are using Obama's mantra against them. She represents a change from Washington politics more than the ObamaGod himself, not just Joe Biden!

Did anybody catch the ABC News radio broadcasts jab after the speech was over? (about Sarah reading from a teleprompter). How about NBC's after-speech comment about how there was a lot of media-bashing--especially from Rudy and Sarah! I really was hoping a light fixture would fall on Katie Couric's head. Gotta Love It!!!!

[edit on 3-9-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sarah Palin

[crack........ wwwwwhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeew......]

back back back back back back back back back back back back back....

It's out of the park.....

Un-f...ng-believable speech. It makes me laugh to think how Obama's main skill is speech giving, and Sarah Palin just schooled him on even that.

I haven't seen a combination of likability, toughness, humor, and being "real" since Ronald Reagan. For all the media types who characterized her selection as VP as "stunning" it's only because they didn't realize who Sarah Palin is. After hearing this speech, it is OBVIOUS, not stunning, why she was selected over all the other boring "safe" picks.

The millions of words written about her daughter's pregnancy seem even more incredibly idiotic now.

Soon-to-be VP Sarah Palin is the complete package. She came across just as powerful as Hillary Clinton but with personality. I have ZERO doubt that this was the most brilliant choice McCain could have possibly made.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You mean Gods help us all.
I frakin' concur.

Seriously that is creepy. sd, you got me wishing BSG was on right now. It would be much more exciting and worth my time.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
She will win McCain the election.

The real irony, of course, is that in retrospect if Obama had chosen Hillary, there would be no looking back on *his* way to the White House. So much for Obama's profound judgment and decision making.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

So if I understand you correctly, you are telling us you like her, right?
I though you would be more enthusiastic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join