It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's RNC Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, what do y'all think so far?

She's gotten some digs in on Obama, some on the press....and those folks in that crowd seem to love her.

She's funny, engaging, seemingly witty....but not too many specifics as of yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is conventioneering there will be no policy statements! True for both parties. These things are designed to rouse the vested (both sides bases) and rah rah the candidates. I don't think we will hear a lot of policy. But again that was the case in the Dem convo too. Policy is not the point with these things.

Obs out

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
She finally stumbled...recovery is still developing....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
She just said "Lay more pipeline"

My next t-shirt....

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Comma8Comma1]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't have much of an opinion on her yet other than she has one of the most painfully irritating vocal ranges I have ever heard. Ouch my eardrums are bleeding.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

I thought it was just me, god is she irritating...

Imagine her calling you for dinner.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The voice is rather annoying....but, I'm Southern, so I'm sure I am annoying to some, too.

Expectations for her were/are low......I am pretty sure that, aside from the annoying voice, she is exceeding them.

And, playing the good policital game of never calling you opponents by their names.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

I thought it was just me, god is she irritating...

Imagine her calling you for dinner.

Said her kids don't like dinner sometimes, since she fired the chef to cut back on spending.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

She's an ex beauty pageant girl with on-air talent experience.

She's no stranger to the camera and it shows.

I still can't stand her but she comes across well.....when her mouth is closed.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

Well it's official:

Sarah Palin IS Laura Roslin

Oh and McCain is definetely Colonel Saul Tigh, sans patch, wife and all.

God help us all!

[edit on 9/3/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Back online after 53 hours of no electricity from Hurricane Gustav!

Literally just a few hours before Palin's speech.

Pretty smooth delivery, The Community Organizer is getting ripped to shreds. She is doing her job!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
She was good. She introduced herself to the country, gave her history to the audience, and played the attack dog (pit bull with lipstick).

All in all, a good first showing, in my mind.

I only saw one slip up from her during the speech.....she attacked her opponents and only mentioned them by name once.....pulled off the humor in the speech rather well.....and came off, not as rookie, but as someone who knew what she was doing.

Still need time to see more of her, hear more of her positions on issues, but she didn't come off as the "former mayor of some small, po-dunk town in a backwater state".

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Overall she did her job. She told us who she is and most importantly she isn't backing down.

You may not like her voice but she seemed pretty comfortable in front of that stage amid all the negative publicity she has gotten as of late.

She made some pretty funny barbs against Obama and Biden and I really didn't expect that.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

She's good, but more of a "reporter on the scene" kinda good.
Tonight was easy for her, it was all one-sided, but the debates?

Biden will eat her alive...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Great warmup from Romney, Huckabee and Giuliani.

She was fantastic! She had the crowd cheering her every word and facial gesture. And she tore Obama and Biden a new arsehole, for sure!

She will clean Biden's clock in the debates. She's obviously very bright and an extremely quick study.

After hearing Obama and Biden drone on, she was brilliant!

Go Sarah!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

From the opposition...

I thought she delivered her speech very well, and was able to stir the crowd, and that is what her job is at this point. IMHO, I think she will be a contender in this race. Some believe that she will be martyred for someone else, but that would be a mistake, so I would say go ahead and do it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

Expectations are low for her in the debates....that just might work in her favor.

Expectations were low for her tonight. That seemed to work in her favor, too.

I think she'll stick around on the ticket....no trojan horse here.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The folks in Alaska call her the "Barracuda" because when someone pisses her off she goes after them and doesn't back down until the issue is resolved to her satisfaction. I like it!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Some believe that she will be martyred for someone else, but that would be a mistake, so I would say go ahead and do it.

You are joking, yes?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
She was amazing. Out of the park. It certainly makes the election that much more riveting. I'm happy that she was able to represent herself and her family so well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join