It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Drill Baby Drill" Noun+Verb=GOP EnergyPolicy(let's all chant)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It wouldn't just be ANWAR - but in states like North Dakota and others having millions upon millions of gallons of untapped Oil.

The US would also build refineries thus significantly reducing the cost of Oil transport.

What does Noun+Verb have to do with anything??

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
reply to post by schrodingers dog

WASHINGTON — Republican candidate John McCain said Monday the government should pay a $300 million reward to the inventor of a battery strong enough to power an automobile.

Seems hes willing to put big money out there for prospective inventors...

That is just dandy. I love contests!
So a chant and a science fair, and we're golden.
When there's better technology than that already.
I hate it when I stand corrected.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
On a positive side note, every time these asses talk about drilling the speculators panic and the price of oil drops.

As the saying goes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

You've actually stumbled onto something relevant to the thread, and yet you failed to even recognize it's significance.

Yes, speculators sell when we talk about drilling. Why? Because drilling will increase the supply and the price will drop.

You were SOOOOO close actually making a valid point.

Oh well, maybe next time you'll see the connection. Drilling = lower gas prices.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Um, you realize that even if we drilled an extra 100,000,000 barrels a day... we'd still be relying on oil.

Obama wants to get us off of oil. What does the price for a barrel of oil matter if we're all running on Hydrocell and water or electricity?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Was I off topic? Sorry, I deeply apologize.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The idea that McCain/Palin would even get the chance to drill is just another empty promise that they wont be able to deliver. Not that if elected they wont try, but the reality is that Democrats are expected to have a bigger majority than the slim one they presently have. And if this democratic Congress resisted the idea of drilling when the barrel reached $147.00 what makes you think that they would open land for drilling with oil price bubble bursting and the demand destruction that is going on?. No chance.

As far as my chant, I got a more creative idea, the GOP should make shirts with Palin face in the front with the following line: GOT PIPELINES?....then in the back promote the website that Gov. Palin for sure wants to create....www.prayGODforpipelines.com

Here is Palin telling people to pray for pipelines because she knows is God's will (from 1:50 to 2:10) (from 3:20 to 4:00 she tells the people that the Iraq War is God's will too!!)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good point. The Democrats are looking at other means of fuel. They aren't going to drill for oil to get off of oil. They are going to replace oil with water, Hydrocell, battery, plug ins, other forms.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
"Drill baby Drill"

I hope you all realize that we can't leave this country for another couple of years. That's on top of the last eight. We truly the worlds laughing stock!

You know the TMZ hummer was covering the DMC, Dr. Phil planing it to to Bristol or Trig and Trak.

I picked the wrong day to...

"Drill baby Drill"

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The speakers tonight were completely over their heads. They spent no effort whatsoever to address their party's energy agenda. A few sentences mentioning nuclear power as an alternative to foreign sources was overshadowed by the immense lie that is domestic offshore drilling. Do they not understand peak oil?

And I'm sure that if the Republicans take office, they will continue to brush nuclear power and alternative energy sources under the rug with inconsequential legislature. Obama has a plan to completely sever America's energy subsistence from the politically turbulent regions of the world, the Middle East especially. The Republicans mentioned so little of their own plans tonight. It's funny to see them shamelessly plagiarize the Democratic energy platform.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There's a terrific piece on tonight's debacle.

As a collective insult to the better nature of America and its people, the tragic spectacle of the Republican Convention in Minnesota represents the nadir of the political process, highlighted by back to back demagogic speeches long on invective and insults and devoid of truth and reason.

Ah, and how about the pandering about "Drill baby, drill!" in an open call for more oil exploration. How the attending fat cats in an audience where barely an African American, Hispanic or Asian American could be seen, loved that one and chanted themselves silly while the former Saturday Night Live comic lapped it up with glee, grinning broadly.

Oh, and Rudy, can you really be even dumber than you seem? You took Obama to task for being an Ivy Leaguer, and ostensibly therefore an elitist. Can you be so ignorant that you are unaware that Bush I and II both graduated from Yale and that the younger member of that Republican family added insult to injury by graduating from Harvard Business School?

politicalcortex

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
DNC three creepiest moments:

Creepiest moments from tonight's RNC speeches

3. Mike Huckabee telling a touching story about a teacher who taught her students a valuable lesson about respecting veterans ... which left onlookers uneasy about the purple bandaids belittling John Kerry's war wounds during the last convention.

2. Rudy Giuliani's catchphrase in support of more offshore oil production. Is there anything creepier than a serial adulterer that looks like Count Chocula leading a chant of “drill, baby, drill”?

1. Hilarious off-message moment: after leading the crowd in a chant of “zero” earlier in reference to executive experience, Rudy tried to change the message to that of Obama as flip-flopper. “How many times have we seen Barack Obama do this flip-flopping?” From the back of the X near where I was sitting, one guy immediately shouted “ZERO!”

I'm pretty sure he realized his mistake quickly. I'm equally sure he wasn't the only one who did this.

citypages

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
DNC three creepiest moments:

Creepiest moments from tonight's RNC speeches

1. Hilarious off-message moment: after leading the crowd in a chant of “zero” earlier in reference to executive experience, Rudy tried to change the message to that of Obama as flip-flopper. “How many times have we seen Barack Obama do this flip-flopping?” From the back of the X near where I was sitting, one guy immediately shouted “ZERO!”
I'm pretty sure he realized his mistake quickly. I'm equally sure he wasn't the only one who did this.

citypages

Classic!

Documenting the nature of the RNC sheeple.....I kind of feel sorry for them. Eh.......I take that back.. As my jaw STILL hurts!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
"Drill baby Drill"

One thing the GOP might want to reconsider is the drilling and whining about the media.

Gets a couple of ovations at the RNC but I'd back off if I were them. The media has eerie powers, they can tell people things.

Oh and the fact remains that America has only 3% of the worlds oil reserves, according to Mr. Pickens anyway.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Drill, baby, drill!

I love the phrase and the sentiment! I also find it amusing the lack of knowledge evident on this board as to the importance of oil. It is not only used to power our autos, but in so many other applications.

And there is absolutely no current alternative that we have that can be plugged in to take oil's place. Every solution is 5-10 years away from being viable.

One of the best reasons to Drill, baby, drill! is to stop the flow of $700 billion bleeding out of this country every year. And the rest of the world is, and will continue to be, dependent on oil for at least two generations.

The Republicans are for all alternative energy sources, not just oil. That's what differentiates them from the tree-hugging Obamites, who are against oil, nuclear, clean coal, and many others.

Playing our cards right, we can be energy independent and a major oil exporter within 10 years.

Drill, baby, drill!! Now part of my signature.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh, and btw...

Drill, baby, drill!

is composed of verb, noun, verb.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cognoscente
And I'm sure that if the Republicans take office, they will continue to brush nuclear power and alternative energy sources under the rug with inconsequential legislature. Obama has a plan to completely sever America's energy subsistence from the politically turbulent regions of the world, the Middle East especially. The Republicans mentioned so little of their own plans tonight. It's funny to see them shamelessly plagiarize the Democratic energy platform.

Plagiarize the Dems energy platform? But Obama is anti Nuclear, too, remember?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It wouldn't just be ANWAR - but in states like North Dakota and others having millions upon millions of gallons of untapped Oil.

The US would also build refineries thus significantly reducing the cost of Oil transport.

What does Noun+Verb have to do with anything??

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jetxnet]

Ya and who is to say this would reduce the price anyways? HUH?

The radical right republicans voted down legislation to address oil speculation!

Very short sighted on their behalf and it speaks of the GOP's 0 care for the average AMERICAN citizen.

SARAHSIAH and MCPITBULL ticket are no better than DICK AND BUSH!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
On a positive side note, every time these asses talk about drilling the speculators panic and the price of oil drops.

As the saying goes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

You've actually stumbled onto something relevant to the thread, and yet you failed to even recognize it's significance.

Yes, speculators sell when we talk about drilling. Why? Because drilling will increase the supply and the price will drop.

You were SOOOOO close actually making a valid point.

Oh well, maybe next time you'll see the connection. Drilling = lower gas prices.

Oh jesus... The entire "crooked" BS oil speculation needs to be ended, period.

I saw more oil men, same tired ass words. We need the PARIS HILTON plan!

The Mcpitbull ticket is going to focus on oil and forget the tech. AMERICA will be sorry
and the people responsible will be pointing the fingers AGAIN...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join