It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Drill Baby Drill" Noun+Verb=GOP EnergyPolicy(let's all chant)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Adult human beings chanting "drill baby drill" during R. Guliani's speech.

So this is what it's come down to, singing for drilling, your energy policy with a chorus.

Un-freaking believable.

When it will do nothing to curb prices, long term short term any term.
I know I know you want sources, they're everywhere on ATS and I will post them with nice new ones.

I'm awaiting:

"Kill baby kill"
"Steal baby steal"

Republican rhymes about drilling + "USA USA USA" = outstanding.

By the way are we getting desks or what?

[edit on 9/3/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And what's Obama's plan for solving the energy crisis?

Give 800 Billion$ to Green Energy companies for stalled research with no end-product in sight - making them all richer.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You're absolutely right, it's unacceptable.
All that money and no rhymes, pitiful.

Who would have thunk it, "drill baby drill" actually answers EVERYTHING!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes, and did you notice the bit about keeping worldwide trade free...

cause it'll help our economy.

Shipping our jobs overseas with no tax penalties against the offending corporations, that's GREAT for the economy.
Higher unemployment, that's great for the economy, it makes me feel better because I have a good job.

And lowering taxes while still fighting a war, that's definately good for the economy. Especially funneling all of that no-bid contract money right into the military industrial complex.

$50 dollar paper plates, brilliant.

And of course McCain will decrease the size of the government, why wouldn't he go against what his stupid party's been doing for 8 years.
Actually, that bit really gets me. Every Republican that runs talks about reducing the government and they never, ever do, but the morons in the crowd seem to think that, "this time, they mean it."

I've come to the conclusion that these cheering asses at the convention have lost all ability to reason. They're like cattle, being led to the slaughter. At least I see my country's demise. It's sad, after seeing that I expect the USA to fall like Rome. Even if the dems win, we're still doomed. Look at all of the blank, feverish, slack jawed, unthinking, stupid faces in that crowd. That's a large portion of this country...
welcome to the USA

On a positive side note, every time these asses talk about drilling the speculators panic and the price of oil drops.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh and by the way:

One has to be careful when making jokes about the Republican presidential campaign. They may turn out to be true.

A month ago I wrote a column saying that John McCain wants to drill in your toilet. This comment was intended as a joke at the time, but it turns out to pretty much reflect the Republican position. The Republicans' most effective slogan for the fall election is "drill here, drill now." It all depends on your definition of "here".

The basic issue is straightforward. There is very little oil potentially available in the areas in which the Republicans are anxious to drill here and now. The Energy Information Agency (these are people who work for President Bush) estimates that the oil in the offshore protected areas will eventually add about 0.2% to world's daily oil output. This would be sufficient to lower the price of gas by 3-4 cents a gallon.

theguardian.co.uk

And these are Bush's guys saying this!

"Drill baby Drill"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

And of course McCain will decrease government, why wouldn't he go against what his stupid party's been doing for 8 years.

Yeah, we need big government. They are doing such a great job now.

We need a committee that will organize a panel to discuss whether or not a department is needed to set up an office to handle things. You know, just so we can add more people to the government payroll.

Since when has big government done anything good?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well, we can always go along with Chuck Hagel, and buy more foreign oil. That's always a great idea!!!

So, what are Obama's plans to solve all this? "Alternative fuels". Great idea, and what do we do until the alternatives come on line? That won't be for a few years.

Obama is anti drilling, anti coal, anti nuke.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And these are Bush's guys saying this!

"Drill baby Drill"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Don't make fun, the more they talk about it, the more the price of gas drops. They'll never actually do it, I promise. It's called status quo...

Here, check out the energy non-crisis

Google Video Link

We're not drilling anything more than we have. There's an agreement.

Of course, I'm afraid this also means that there won't be alternative fuels to choose from either. Developing alternative energy would also violate the status quo.

This issue is a red herring; unless Mr. Paul is elected the current energy situation is going to stay exactly how it is for many years to come.

[edit on 9/3/2008 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Since when has big government done anything good?

Did you read the rest of his post?

Regardless, as long as we continue to rely on drilling we'll just further dig ourselves into our oil-grave. The fact that this proposed drilling will only lower the gas price 3-4 cents per gallon is proof that this is a manufactured issue, being used to divide the more gullible voters into drillers vs. non-drillers.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by drwizardphd]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

I actually know and agree. You think my words are affecting the market as we speak?

My best mate runs a major hedge fund out of Bermuda, he told me not to tell anyone but I'd be going short right now, wait, no go long.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

No, he didn't. In fact, he completely mis-quoted me, as in, used the quote button and EDITED what I said to make it look like I said some dumb nonsense.

The situation has been rectified

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Someone made a very good point on the radio yesterday that even if we were able to procure oil from ANWR. There is only ONE pipeline coming out of that area. So if were were to depend on that ONE pipeline, and anything should happen, it can cause problems like we are already having. So even if the oil is there, there isn't a structure to get it out. And it would not be cost beneficial to build more pipe lines.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You mean after the "big government" comment? No, it was added after I wrote my post.

Regardless, as long as we continue to rely on drilling we'll just further dig ourselves into our oil-grave. The fact that this proposed drilling will only lower the gas price 3-4 cents per gallon is proof that this is a manufactured issue, being used to divide the more gullible voters into drillers vs. non-drillers.

Unfortunately, we are stuck being an oil based society for a while, until better things come along. I'd rather the money stay in the US than go to Saudi.

(spelling edit)

[edit on 3-9-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

No, he didn't. In fact, he completely mis-quoted me, as in, used the quote button and EDITED what I said to make it look like I said some dumb nonsense.

The situation has been rectified

Sorry, Gus. You added your sentence after I did the quote. I just quoted what I read.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
They just did a remix of the Star Spangled Banner mashed up with the Pledge of Allegiance!

Man the Republicans are musical!

Maybe they can Rock us out Iraq and Def Jam the economy!

I'm AM raising McCain!
McCain, McCain, running around my brain!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You paint a horrifying and plausible tableau my friend.

"Drill baby Drill"

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Someone made a very good point on the radio yesterday that even if we were able to procure oil from ANWR. There is only ONE pipeline coming out of that area. So if were were to depend on that ONE pipeline, and anything should happen, it can cause problems like we are already having. So even if the oil is there, there isn't a structure to get it out. And it would not be cost beneficial to build more pipe lines.

Listen the whole thing could not be more transparent or simple.

The world is changing, with or without the States on board, the whole world is EVENTUALLY going to turn to alternative/renewable/sustainable energy. They see it coming, so they're just trying to squeeze every drop they can before it's over. It's just capitalism. The hell with the earth and its inhabitants capitalism, but capitalism none the less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join